The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dropped a quest - how do I find it again?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was cycling through New Life Quests to try and get the activity I wanted and I accidentally dropped a different quest. The problem is I have absolutely no idea which one it was.

So, 2 questions:

1) Is there any way I can find out what the quest was?

2) Is there anything special I need to do to get it back, or will the original NPC be back where I found them with the quest marker over their head again?
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Veraen
    Veraen
    ✭✭
    I've done something similar before. On the Xbox One version of the game, there isn't any way to know which quest it was. I'm not sure about other systems. The original quest giver will be back where they started with the marker over their head though, so by backtracking through the zone, you should be able to find them with relative ease. Hope this helps!
    Veræn → XB1/NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does help, thanks!

It's annoying that I can't go and find it again immediately, but at least I should find it again at some point. It'd be even worse if the quest marker was gone.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time, the quest giver is where you first talked to them. Of course that maybe no where near where the quest takes places. Sometimes the quest giver moves on you.

However you figure out which quest is missing is doing some detective work. Use your Journal, and in the Quests section, find the quests you have not done for an area from the following lists

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Quests

The ones that get weird are the ones you pick up in a Delve usually by finding an item. Weird because it looks like you have cleared the Delve, so you may not think to go back to it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"