The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What class is best for endgame trial DPS?

Bakven
Bakven
✭✭✭
I've heard the top classes are magicka DK and magicka templar while the weakest class is mageblade. Can anyone tell me which is best for trials? It can be stam or magicka. And also approx. how much damage would I need to do to be competitive in trials?
EP NA Haderus
Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
Vash'rassa- Stamblade
-Tiffany - Stam DK
Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whichever class you pick, you still have to master it to see the difference between best and weakest.
    Magicka classes are concidered the best atm, since you can reach same ish dps as stamina users (less single but more aoe) and still be range and have shield available. DK and templars are best melee, and NB and sorcs can do most dps from range. Since illambris monster set are really good on sorcs atm, sorcs are concidered the best option.

Next patch, the proc sets wont crit, so things will change alot. Before pts is out, I cant really give you proper answer what is best or not.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell you which one has the best DPS, but I can tell you that in the groups I am in, they don't like to bring more than 4 melee characters. Some fights (like first and last boss in vMoL, last boss in vAA) are made a bit more difficult when you have too many that have to be in melee range, due to the fact that you need to spread out some and/or be at range for portions of the fight. Also, stamina characters don't really have a decent damage reduction shield, which is another reason why group leaders prefer ranged magicka DPS.

I know you asked about DPS potential and this doesn't answer that, but if your goal is to get into a raid group, you will probably have an easier time getting in if you are ranged magicka.

As for DPS "needed" - I would say that depends on the trial, but around 30k single target is probably sufficient.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Sorc is the best magicka class for DPS. People say Templar or DK, because they see the numbers. However, those numbers are only possible in fights where it's possible to stay melee 100% of the time. Magicka Sorc on the other hand, pulls slightly less higher numbers from maximum range and is able to keep pressure on the boss constantly without any transition times (running up to the boss, chaining up the adds, etc.). Plus although everyone claims that DKs pull higher DPS than Sorc, I have yet to see a parse where a DK pulled more DPS than a Sorc.

So IMO: 1 = Sorc, 2 = Templar, 3 = DK, 4 = NB in terms of raw DPS.

Everyone wants to be a Templar in groups (the ones that are last on leaderboards) because they've seen Alcast pull insane numbers on HM Rakkhat. However, HM Rakkhat is the longest execute phase in the game, which allows Radiant Oppression to really shine and tick to up to 80k+. I find it more beneficial in the long run to have 1 stamina DPS and 1 Templar, rather than 2 Templars. DKs although very strong, are much more than simply DPS. They have to chain up mobs, something I've send rarely done well by people who are obsessed with numbers (the ones with a decent Bloodspawn time who are bragging about it, ya know?). The off-tank can't chain all the adds by himself, and the main tank is already busy enough with the boss, so you need chainers (3 for MoL is good enough). NBs although not exactly strong in the current meta, provide some very nice off-healing which contributes to the survivability and speed of a group. Sorcs are just... DPSx1000, nothing else.

So the way we usually set up our group DPS in my main guild is 1 stamina DPS (DK or SO or NB), 3 melee magicka DPS (2 DK,1 TE), 4 ranged DPS (3 SO, 1 NB). However most people prefer not having any stamina DPS, so they go with 2 Templars.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc is the best magicka class for DPS. People say Templar or DK, because they see the numbers. However, those numbers are only possible in fights where it's possible to stay melee 100% of the time. Magicka Sorc on the other hand, pulls slightly less higher numbers from maximum range and is able to keep pressure on the boss constantly without any transition times (running up to the boss, chaining up the adds, etc.). Plus although everyone claims that DKs pull higher DPS than Sorc, I have yet to see a parse where a DK pulled more DPS than a Sorc.

So IMO: 1 = Sorc, 2 = Templar, 3 = DK, 4 = NB in terms of raw DPS.

Everyone wants to be a Templar in groups (the ones that are last on leaderboards) because they've seen Alcast pull insane numbers on HM Rakkhat. However, HM Rakkhat is the longest execute phase in the game, which allows Radiant Oppression to really shine and tick to up to 80k+. I find it more beneficial in the long run to have 1 stamina DPS and 1 Templar, rather than 2 Templars. DKs although very strong, are much more than simply DPS. They have to chain up mobs, something I've send rarely done well by people who are obsessed with numbers (the ones with a decent Bloodspawn time who are bragging about it, ya know?). The off-tank can't chain all the adds by himself, and the main tank is already busy enough with the boss, so you need chainers (3 for MoL is good enough). NBs although not exactly strong in the current meta, provide some very nice off-healing which contributes to the survivability and speed of a group. Sorcs are just... DPSx1000, nothing else.

So the way we usually set up our group DPS in my main guild is 1 stamina DPS (DK or SO or NB), 3 melee magicka DPS (2 DK,1 TE), 4 ranged DPS (3 SO, 1 NB). However most people prefer not having any stamina DPS, so they go with 2 Templars.

Sorcs arent the best dps. In every bossfight you can stay melee 90% of the time where both templar and dk are better than sorc.
    The only reason there are more sorcs than anything else in normal groups is bc you cant really have more than 4 melees and sorcs are far better dps than NB´s which is bc NB are *** in pve right now and the only reason to have them is extra crit for stamina which is not needed as you have to give up 1 destro ult for the stam guy which is really not a good idea.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer