Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's with ESOTheater?

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
I've installed it on PC using Minion...and haven't seen it show up in any way. Can't find it...can't get it to work.
I know nutting....
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to answer my own question.....

Here's how:

* Use Minion to install the addon...ESO theater

* Start game...get a character going...

* Use " . " to enable chat text area.....type in /esotheater ..... ESO theater window appears.

* Can move window around to where you want it....

* push a button...see what happens....don't wear it out! :D

Now...was that so hard? Are people having trouble thinking rationally or something?

Nice addon. Fleshes out the game.....

Now I need to customize it some....
    Edited by erliesc on December 28, 2016 2:22AM
    I know nutting....
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    when-your-mom-says-yaass--full.jpg?image=cdn
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    No question. Just no easy instructions on how to get the window to appear.

People can write code...but can't think?

/et also works.....
    I know nutting....
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »

/et also works.....

after years of being friends with a variety of coders and just generally really brilliant people, I'd say it's not an issue of people not being able to think...it's an issue of being able to communicate well, across multiple perspectives and approaches and backgrounds, which is something many of my engineering-minded friends have...issues, with

of course, it's not *just* engineering minded people, but it seems to be a common problem for many of them. There's something about being the one doing the coding that...blinds you, I suppose...to the huge range of different perspectives users might have actually using the code. It just doesn't occur to the coder that certain questions might be asked, or that basic instructions that every coder knows have to exist in order to be able to code might never occur to a particular user that is walking into this program expecting it to work like the candy crush app on their phone

I'm experiencing this at work a lot lately, and not just with engineers...just people that seem to have trouble anticipating alternate perspectives and alternative senses of "common sense" when trying to create instructions for how to do something

anyway, I guess my point is, if you ever find yourself being frustrated by the arcane and nonsensical design of a particular program, it's not always, or really even often, a coder who doesn't know how to think - it just never really occurred to the coder that you'd try to do it *that way*, or that you didn't know "like you *obviously* should have known" that you have to do such-and-such before you can do that other thing...and so on
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    phermitgb wrote: »
    erliesc wrote: »

/et also works.....

after years of being friends with a variety of coders and just generally really brilliant people, I'd say it's not an issue of people not being able to think...it's an issue of being able to communicate well, across multiple perspectives and approaches and backgrounds, which is something many of my engineering-minded friends have...issues, with

of course, it's not *just* engineering minded people, but it seems to be a common problem for many of them. There's something about being the one doing the coding that...blinds you, I suppose...to the huge range of different perspectives users might have actually using the code. It just doesn't occur to the coder that certain questions might be asked, or that basic instructions that every coder knows have to exist in order to be able to code might never occur to a particular user that is walking into this program expecting it to work like the candy crush app on their phone

I'm experiencing this at work a lot lately, and not just with engineers...just people that seem to have trouble anticipating alternate perspectives and alternative senses of "common sense" when trying to create instructions for how to do something

anyway, I guess my point is, if you ever find yourself being frustrated by the arcane and nonsensical design of a particular program, it's not always, or really even often, a coder who doesn't know how to think - it just never really occurred to the coder that you'd try to do it *that way*, or that you didn't know "like you *obviously* should have known" that you have to do such-and-such before you can do that other thing...and so on

Simple answer is -> RTFM.
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    "it's not an issue of people not being able to think...it's an issue of being able to communicate well, across multiple perspectives and approaches and backgrounds"
    @phermitgb that is very true, very profound and very application to many things.

Fatty White-Claw (lvl 50+) heal trial pve
    Koros Bone-Shield (lvl 50+) tank trial pve
    Koros Lust (lvl 50+) dps pve, pvp
    Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
    Wildfire (lvl 50+) dps pvp
    EU-PC - Playing since April 2014. (beta)