The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC ESO GOLD EDITION NO SOUND NO NPC VOICES NO MUSIC

Crazymine
Crazymine
hey there ESO Admin

I recently bought the game ESO Gold edition and after installing and updating i have no sound effect.
The only sound that i hear is the swing of a blade. I hear no voice dialogues no steps no music.
My drivers sound card drivers are up to date and new. Its the only game where that issue happens. My PC has a normal sound and other games too work perfectly.

Kind regards
Amine
  • Crazymine
    Crazymine
    Anyone?
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crazymine wrote: »
    hey there ESO Admin

I recently bought the game ESO Gold edition and after installing and updating i have no sound effect.
    The only sound that i hear is the swing of a blade. I hear no voice dialogues no steps no music.
    My drivers sound card drivers are up to date and new. Its the only game where that issue happens. My PC has a normal sound and other games too work perfectly.

Kind regards
    Amine

Did you tried to repair or reinstal a game? Anyway, this post should be here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pc-technical-support - its not exactly a bug.
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Crazymine
    Crazymine
    thank you for your reply, I already did post it on the Pc technical support categorie but theres no answer yet,

I did repair it a few times and it did not work, I didn't try to reinstal yet, I wonder if its agood idea due to the fact that i have a slow internet connection and theres big updates to do lol
  • gestep
    gestep
    ✭✭
    I would think the issue could be bad files. re-downloading should fix the issue.
  • Crazymine
    Crazymine
    But do I need to uninstall the game?
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there is something wrong with settings - if some sound files were damaged, repair shoudl fix it. What pc are you playing on? What windows? I assume you bought steam edition of game, check out steam discussions about it, maybe someone have similar problem as you do (or you can ask for solution there, on steam is more people than here on forum).

You can delete settings of game(C:\Users\"your name"\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online). Delete whole elder scrolls online folder in "documents" , and launch game as administrator and let it create new settings for itself.

Check your sound settings in windows. Sound programs like Dolby Audio can cause this problem aswell (probably not tho), try to turn in off.
  • Crazymine
    Crazymine
    I have a 6 core PC AMD AThlon 3,5 GHZ
    Windows 7
    My soundcard is an Nvidia or Soundblaster i think.
    Yeah but if i do it i will have to redownload all the updates. The last one was 30 GB long and it took me 3 days to DL it
  • Crazymine
    Crazymine
    I bought the normal Gold edition
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can try https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/520519298691254709/
    if it does not work, you will have to reinstal game.
  • Crazymine
    Crazymine
    thank you ! I'll try when i get home
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crazymine wrote: »
    thank you ! I'll try when i get home

oh, now i see its over a year old topic, it probably wont work. check steam discussion about eso, maybe you find something useful!