The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[HELP] Argonian best build

Dracindo
Dracindo
✭✭✭✭✭
Disclaimer: Don't post with "play however you like to play"-like comments, I already have characters like that.

What is the best way to play an Argonian? I heard that their passives make them great tanks, but also healers.
If this is true, I like to know what you guys would recommend for a Healer/Tank Argonian.
  • Full Healer or Full Tank or 50/50 each.
  • Best class
  • Main and off-hand weapons
  • Light, medium, heavy armor
  • Most important skill(s)
  • Best at PvE or PvP content. If PvE, does it also work in PvP and if PvP, does it also work in PvE?
If it isn't true, then explain why Argonians are best played as DPS.
Edited by Dracindo on December 27, 2016 12:19PM
  • Veraen
    Veraen
    ✭✭
    I think they're the best swimmers and potion drinkers in the game, hands down. So play like this. Swim across a lake, jump out of the water, fight something, drink a potion, then jump back in the water and swim away.
    Veræn → XB1/NA
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BiS for amphibious assaults...

Right now I'm leveling an Argonian Healer. Racial passives fit healer needs pretty well.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked a question like this not too long ago, so I'll tell you what I learned from that. I ended up playing almost exclusively Dark Elves after that, so maybe you can make better use of this knowledge than I did.

In PvE, while Argonians sound like they'd be the best healers, it's not quite the case, because Breath of Life crits tend to be overkill in most cases anyway, which can means the healing bonus from the Argonians is wasted, and you'd probably be better off with an Altmer or a Breton for more Magicka. They're still strong healers in PvE, just not optimal. However, with their bonus health, Magicka, and their potion passive and bonus to healing received, they make really good Nightblade Sap Tanks, since they have a good chunk of health (even without investment) and unparalleled resource management with their potion passive.

They really shine a lot more in PvP. Since healing is halved in PvP, their healing passive are a lot more powerful. Health is a lot more useful in PvP as well, and any bonus to resource management is a lot more important, since you won't have anyone running Spear Shards or Elemental Drain for you. Even their poison and disease resistance is very useful in PvP with the Viper/Velidreth meta.

I'd say for PvE, roll with a Templar Healer, a Nightblade Tank, or possibly a Nightblade Healer. For PvP, use a Templar Healer, some kind of Magicka Nightblade, or maybe a Magicka Dragonknight tank.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on December 28, 2016 9:29PM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked a question like this not too long ago, so I'll tell you what I learned from that. I ended up playing almost exclusively Dark Elves after that, so maybe you can make better use of this knowledge than I did.

In PvE, while Argonians sound like they'd be the best healers, it's not quite the case, because Breath of Life crits tend to be overkill in most cases anyway, which can means the healing bonus from the Argonians is wasted, and you'd probably be better off with an Altmer or a Breton for more Magicka. They're still strong healers in PvE, just not optimal. However, with their bonus health, Magicka, and their potion passive and bonus to healing received, they make really good Nightblade Sap Tanks, since they have a good chunk of health (even without investment) and unparalleled resource management with their potion passive.

They really shine a lot more in PvP. Since healing is halved in PvP, their healing passive are a lot more powerful. Health is a lot more useful in PvP as well, and any bonus to resource management is a lot more important, since you won't have anyone running Spear Shards or Elemental Drain for you. Even their poison and disease resistance is very useful in PvP with the Viper/Velidreth meta.

I'd say for PvE, roll with a Templar Healer, a Nightblade Tank, or possibly a Nightblade Healer. For PvP, use a Templar Healer, some kind of Magicka Nightblade, or maybe a Magicka Dragonknight tank.

Thanks for the insight. I heard many good things about the Argonian NB Sap Tank. Think I'll have to give that a shot.