The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alliance Change?

crazykrypto
crazykrypto
✭✭
How about selling us a once per year per account a token with wich we get to change one single characters alliance? I started of on the blue side and played alone for a very long time resulting in 4 DC characters. Then I made a real life friend who invited me in the guild he was in at the time where EVERYONE spoke my language and was highly skilled and active. Only one problem. All of am were Aldmeri Dominion. So basically I have 4 Characters my main character being one of them who are pretty useless...

I would not mind investing some crowns in getting just one character to he other alliance so I can have my '380-skillpoint-9-trait-researched-hundreds-of-hours-invested' Character to where I can run around in PvP with my Guildies.

Only one Character per account per year? Or as an extra for those who buy the adventure (all races all alliances) pack? You can only buy that once per account. Please give it some thought.

Thank you for your time.
I used to be a dragon once, then I took an adventurer to the knee...
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stated it before, I shall do so again...

If alliance change ever comes, I would want to see it done well, not merely a token that pops you over to other alliances, but an epic questline with an "faction loyalty called in question" theme, and a big choice in the middle - will your character stay loyal to their home alliance, or defect for greener pastures, with the second half (or two thirds, or three quarters, or whatever) being different depending on the choice made - either you quest your way through proving your innocense, or you quest your way through preparing your escape while dodging the agents sent to bring you in... bonus points for familiar faces, I mean, who would not enjoy slamming a porticullis shut into Razum-dars face as you give him a jaunty wave while you jump onto a boat bound for morrowind with Naryu... ;)

Of course, there ought to be limitations as well.
    For one, such an quest should require completion of cadwells as prerequesite, to avoid storyline entanglements - it would make a perfect final reward for completing that one, would it not? Much better then merely some trinket from Meridias tourist shop...
    For another, there might be some added consequences in PvP, due to the "traitor" status... like, say, defectors only gaining half AP for the next six months (because noone completely trusts a traitor, not even the ones he betrayed his country for), while being worth triple AP if killed by a member of their original faction...

There could also be nifty titles depending on which way you chose to complete this questline - either "{original faction} Loyalist" or "{original faction} Defector"...

Of course, the questline itself could very well be an DLC all of its own. And in addition, there might be an very expensive crown store unlock to restart it, for those few "serial defectors"...
  • SoberAlias
    crazykrypto

How about selling us a once per year per account a token with which we get to change one single characters alliance? All of am were Aldmeri Dominion. So basically I have 4 Characters my main character being one of them who are pretty useless...

By the time this change occurs you could have created four more characters in AD, leveled each one to LVL 50/CP 561 with one of them already having all 9 Traits. I experienced the same issue a year ago, by creating characters in one Alliance, then having to create more characters in the other two Alliances...just so I can play with different Alliance bound Cyrodiil friends. The tide always changes...with new people every day...so I would definitely hang onto all of your Characters...you may use them again.

Until your first newly created AD Character is LVL/CP capped...just use your current crafter to make your armor & mail it to a 'trusted' friend...they can return it back to you & you can grab it after logging into the new AD Character. Honestly, by the time your new AD Character reaches the last 9th Trait...crafted armor may actually be worth something.
  • Lukanthropos13
    Lukanthropos13
    Soul Shriven
    I stated it before, I shall do so again...

If alliance change ever comes, I would want to see it done well, not merely a token that pops you over to other alliances, but an epic questline with an "faction loyalty called in question" theme, and a big choice in the middle - will your character stay loyal to their home alliance, or defect for greener pastures, with the second half (or two thirds, or three quarters, or whatever) being different depending on the choice made - either you quest your way through proving your innocense, or you quest your way through preparing your escape while dodging the agents sent to bring you in... bonus points for familiar faces, I mean, who would not enjoy slamming a porticullis shut into Razum-dars face as you give him a jaunty wave while you jump onto a boat bound for morrowind with Naryu... ;)

Of course, there ought to be limitations as well.
    For one, such an quest should require completion of cadwells as prerequesite, to avoid storyline entanglements - it would make a perfect final reward for completing that one, would it not? Much better then merely some trinket from Meridias tourist shop...
    For another, there might be some added consequences in PvP, due to the "traitor" status... like, say, defectors only gaining half AP for the next six months (because noone completely trusts a traitor, not even the ones he betrayed his country for), while being worth triple AP if killed by a member of their original faction...

There could also be nifty titles depending on which way you chose to complete this questline - either "{original faction} Loyalist" or "{original faction} Defector"...

Of course, the questline itself could very well be an DLC all of its own. And in addition, there might be an very expensive crown store unlock to restart it, for those few "serial defectors"...

The idea of a quest line tied into possibly changing alliances would be pretty amazing and I would go through it just for the lore alone. With that said, if something like this was ever implemented it would most likely be done the cheap/easy way by simply selecting a token and the character you want to move. I'd love to be proved wrong though ZOS...
    == Champion Rank 290 == (PS4/NA)
    Skala - Lvl 50 Stamina Sorceror- AD
    Loukas Aurelius - Lvl 50 Magicka Templar - AD
    Kalas - Lvl 50 Stamina Dragonknight - AD
    Ska'la - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - AD
    Skatah - Lvl 50 Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Ska'tah - Lvl 12 Stamina Sorceror - DC
    Skatah Aurelius - Lvl 6 Magicka Dragonknight - EP

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea of a quest line tied into possibly changing alliances would be pretty amazing and I would go through it just for the lore alone. With that said, if something like this was ever implemented it would most likely be done the cheap/easy way by simply selecting a token and the character you want to move. I'd love to be proved wrong though ZOS...
    Yeah, its very likely that they mght do just a token.

But... maybe... they could make it an DLC like TG or DB... that would be aboput the right size, story-wise, only instead of it playing mostly in a new region, they could have one new "neutral territory" hub (you know, like vienna in the old spy movies, neutral between nato and warshaw pact...) and have the rest of the questline revisit old haunts in diverse alliances territory, re-open old locations with new dangers (especially those only used once in some mainstory/guild questline) and so do it cheaply yet still get the questline idea going...

But i guess... someday, we might see. Who knows, it might happen. Not going to bet on it though.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If alliance change ever comes, I would want to see it done well, not merely a token that pops you over to other alliances, but an epic questline.
    Oh my god, please, no, no, NO, NEVER LIKE THIS!!!

The whole point of my being in ESO these days is for PvP. I have COMPLETELY lost interest in PvE quests, they absolutely bore me to tears, and this started with Orsinium and every DLC thereafter, which I have had ABSOLUTELY NO interest in playing whatsoever. None. This is from someone who played Skyrim to death. I have simply moved on to other things.

I am here, now, for the GAME, not the stories. Please do NOT force PVPers into a STUPID PvE questline. I am here to fight it out with other players, NOT NPCs. I couldn't care less about the storyline implications, all I care about is the mechanics of the game and the other players.

The whole point of doing an alliance change has to do with REAL LIFE friendships, as the OP indicated. In my case it is also because I made some characters early on, which I am attached to and have invested considerable time in. They ended up in different alliances, because of their race, which was chosen when I didn't have the adventurer pack, nor realised the implications. I now have the adventurer pack and would choose to have them all in one alliance, if I could.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a bit of a different take on the whole topic but hear me out.

How about they remove all factions period in terms of them being assigned to a character.

Then for joining a campaign, it's an account choice and when the campaign resets.....so does your faction choice until you join a new campaign

Thoughts?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about they remove all factions period in terms of them being assigned to a character.

Then for joining a campaign, it's an account choice and when the campaign resets.....so does your faction choice until you join a new campaign

Thoughts?

I agree with what you said, because in PVE it is basically has no alliance and picking during PVP would be a better solution, though I think when creating a character you should still have to pick to get the initial story or they would have to redo the whole game to streamline how we play the content.

I am gain for any changes as long as it does not push the game to P2W.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why the Crafting needs to be Alliance specific.

However, with One Tamriel and the Champion System, the need for this is pretty much gone. It takes about 10 hours to level a character to 50, less with exp potions, and they are immediately fully vested in Champ Points.

Not sure why changing an Alliance is really needed at this point.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

That's how I would have liked it to be. You make a character and go through Coldharbour and then a starter island which introduces you to all 3 alliances. Then you pick a region to go to in order to progress the story (and can move between them as you can now).

You would only pick an alliance to fight for when you enter Cyrodiil for the first time - aka when you actually go to fight for an alliance.

But I think trying to set it up that way now would be impractical. Far too much work and disruption for a relatively minor benefit.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they will add it it will be "a token that pops you over to other alliance" thats a fact.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want to change faction but I'm not creating another character just to do it. If they put this in the crown store my CC would come out quickly.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I wish they would come up with a way everyone is unaligned until they join Cyrodiil.

This way players can play the games stories and see which faction they like most and work for them. The issue with this would be how to pick the starting islands. Maybe based on players race (as per the alliances)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one time change, yes.

annual would also work, as @crazykrypto indicated.
  • HertogJan71
    HertogJan71
    ✭✭
    I like it, but by changing alliance you should become hated by your old alliance, increasing their damage to you and reducing your damage to them by at least 33% for a week or two of real time pvp, and time stops when you're not online in Cyrodiil. An 25% or so AP gain penalty can also be included, because you really have to feel treason is not appreciated by your old alliance.
  • Woodoochill
    Woodoochill
    ✭✭✭
    I would also love to see such possibility to change alliance... I dont want to throw away character with leveled horse, achivements and all (simply main character) just so i can play pvp with friends.

As to the moral story... Well... With tamriel one we already play like "no alliance exists" around whole world and everything we do except pvp - sadly its done bad for me since I cant get over with playing whole story line in one alliance where they make u kinda dont like other alliances and then go to these places and saving their kings and queens lives... But thats not the topic here

As already said here... Quest line would be nice but we all know if it will ever be done it will come in in token form and a simple few clicks, without any story behind betraying your current alliance...

ZOS please add this in any form, there are a lot of players who would love to see it
  • Woodoochill
    Woodoochill
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Okay, let me show you:
    Horse leveling - 180 days of feeding
    Crafting to 50 - cuz noone wants to spend 20 yellow upgrades instead of 8 (100k gold difference in one armor piece!)
    Farming gear - i dont even know how long but its a lot to get all divine pieces, vMA weapon, monster set, etc
    Achievements - some ppl just like to hunt them
    And guess there is more

All that just because you want to play PVP with your friend?
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭

Okay, let me show you:
    Horse leveling - 180 days of feeding
    Crafting to 50 - cuz noone wants to spend 20 yellow upgrades instead of 8 (100k gold difference in one armor piece!)
    Farming gear - i dont even know how long but its a lot to get all divine pieces, vMA weapon, monster set, etc
    Achievements - some ppl just like to hunt them
    And guess there is more

All that just because you want to play PVP with your friend?

I totally agree. Im DC and i met really good people in ad and i would like to play with them in cyrodiil. But i need to create a new character/characters (multiple role). item may not be a problem because you can unequip from your dc character yea it takes time but ehh..

the thing is you have to level up to 50 which takes 3 days if you are playing 6 hours a day maybe? maybe less but 2 days minimum i would say. then you have to level up your mages guild fightersguild and level up your skills and moprhs also you need some skill points, you do nothing funny at all for a week! and these are just mendotary things.

why i have to do it all over again? i spent my 2 years on this game min/max my characters and now im supposed to do it all over again to play with my friends?

alliance change, has to come. must*
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Please do NOT force PVPers into a STUPID PvE questline. I am here to fight it out with other players, NOT NPCs. I couldn't care less about the storyline implications, all I care about is the mechanics of the game and the other players...
    ...then maaaybe a MMORPG is the wrong game for you?

But thinking about it... it -would- be better to have multiple options. More options are always a good thing after all.

Like... doing it with a questline like I imagine for all the RPGamers, unlocked when they go through cadwells or as new DLC... or for an extra crown store token to bypass all that questingand just pop a PvPlayer over to a different alliance?

The ones who enjoy storyline and PvE can get it through questing then, and the ones who don't... would just have to pay extra.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to level crafting again. In fact it would probably be better to keep your existing character as your dedicated crafter and roll a new AD character. That char will be stronger because won't have to level crafting on it. The only pain is the horse leveling which I agree is overly painful.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

I agree with what you said, because in PVE it is basically has no alliance and picking during PVP would be a better solution, though I think when creating a character you should still have to pick to get the initial story or they would have to redo the whole game to streamline how we play the content.

I am gain for any changes as long as it does not push the game to P2W.

I think kinda along the lines of nestors comment
    You'd just pick a place to go to.

The whole PvE faction thing IMO only makes sense if @ZOS_RichLambert there is a faction based PvE version of Cyrodil.

If not then it's 100% pointless literally
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • mrkurokishi
    mrkurokishi
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance change would be a good idea for those of us who have invested a lot of time in getting achievements and PvP ranks on a single character.

I agree that if you tend to hop on your alt or whatever the FOTM is every other patch there is no need for Alliance change because it is relatively easy to grind a character.
    PS4 : mrkurokishi
    Bancha: AD Khajiit magCro (main)
    Koicha: AD Khajiit stamPlar
    Usucha: AD Khajiit stamDen
    Teishu: DC Khajiit magDK
    Shincha: AD Khajiit madSorc
    PC : mrkurokishi
    Malacath's Side Piece: DC Orc stamPlar
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why the Crafting needs to be Alliance specific.

However, with One Tamriel and the Champion System, the need for this is pretty much gone. It takes about 10 hours to level a character to 50, less with exp potions, and they are immediately fully vested in Champ Points.

For those PvP guilds that don't allow you to have any other alliance toons other than what they are registered as, for one reason. Second reason, PvP guilds that don't allow any other faction in Cyrodiil because of how easily ZOS has allowed the swapping back and forth of factions in any campaign with much cross-faction spying/stealing scrolls, etc., so guilds are making these rules and even if one's character is only a crafter in a different faction, they still need access to Cyrodiil for the special crafting stations in IC. Third reason (because of 1st and 2nd reason), not everyone wants to go through the pain-staking process of leveling up a character to be a full crafter again, especially with traits and styles having to be relearned.
    Edited by BllyDnsr on March 22, 2017 5:52PM
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    At this point for me I don't care about changing alliance but a year ago I wanted to have my main mag sorc on DC but then I lvled up a new mag sorc that's DC and after getting lorebooks, 200+ skill points, lvling fighters guild and undaunted I ain't changing or deleting it lol

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • delarb14_ESO
    delarb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Does ESO have alliance faction change option yet?
  • josephus41198
    josephus41198
    ✭✭
    YES PLEASE
    Want to change from EP to DC SO BAD
    ALL HAIL THE IMPERIAL LEGION
    LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE
    Veteran\Pact\Imperial\Dragonknight- Tullius Gollus
    Veteran\Dominion\Altmer\Sorcerer- Ancarion Altairinil
    Normal\Pact\Argonian\Nightblade- Luraxith
    Normal\Pact\Nord\Nightblade- Loria Coldheart
    Normal\Pact\Dunmer\Warden- Renthis Redoril Telvanni
    Normal\Dominion\Altmer\Templar- Lithodor
    Normal\Dominion\Bosmer\Warden- Lywen Arrow-Catcher
    Normal\Pact\Dunmer\Templar- Fervyn Indoril
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, if people constantly used the alliance change tokens then ZOS would really like that because knowing them it would cost 1k+ in crowns which is alot if you buy a few.

A proper way of doing it would be to have a 7 day cooldown between using the tokens.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish! When I played Wow we could, but then that character was locked to that alliance for 6 months.
  • crazykrypto
    crazykrypto
    ✭✭
    I mean, if people constantly used the alliance change tokens then ZOS would really like that because knowing them it would cost 1k+ in crowns which is alot if you buy a few.

A proper way of doing it would be to have a 7 day cooldown between using the tokens.

you forgot the part where i wrote "1 token per year per account"
    I used to be a dragon once, then I took an adventurer to the knee...
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭

you forgot the part where i wrote "1 token per year per account"

ZOS wouldn't make remotely as much money that way. Plus a week is a long enough time.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about selling us a once per year per account a token with wich we get to change one single characters alliance? I started of on the blue side and played alone for a very long time resulting in 4 DC characters. Then I made a real life friend who invited me in the guild he was in at the time where EVERYONE spoke my language and was highly skilled and active. Only one problem. All of am were Aldmeri Dominion. So basically I have 4 Characters my main character being one of them who are pretty useless...

I would not mind investing some crowns in getting just one character to he other alliance so I can have my '380-skillpoint-9-trait-researched-hundreds-of-hours-invested' Character to where I can run around in PvP with my Guildies.

Only one Character per account per year? Or as an extra for those who buy the adventure (all races all alliances) pack? You can only buy that once per account. Please give it some thought.

Thank you for your time.

If you are DC and they are AD, there is no problem. You are already Green Alliance.