The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[5.000 Crown] About Travelling Merchant

Cyrediath
Cyrediath
✭✭✭
Hello
I just bought travelling merchant today because i am grinding for cps and i need merchant to sell my items and make repair. So i paid around 35 dollars to get travelling merchant that i can put her to my quick slot.

When i use her i was very suprised because only thing you can do is just sell your items and thats all. You cannot buy anything nor you cannot repair your armor. But her name is merchant.

Okay now people will say you should have read before you buy yea but there is not enough information it is like she will buy yours and your groupmates items she will come with you bla bla. Its like lets say im trying to sell you a horse mount. And i write to explanation like this is the horse will come with you to new advantures. He is fast and buffed never gets tired and bla bla and bam when you buy it you will see that you cannot ride it. It will just come with you like pet. And when you ask about it you will say i cannot mount this and i will say look at the description i didnt say you can mount this. Wouldnt you say but its name is "mount" and its a "horse". Wouldnt you feel ripped off? Especially when you pay 35 dollars which in this case with christmass discounts you can buy 3 games instead?

So final words, please zos add this cute merchant girl ability to repair and sell basic stuff like bait basic potions or whatever.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally, the game didn't even point out she couldn't repair gear and had nothing to sell.

The gear repair thing is probably about not invalidating repair kits, but who honestly knows.

The banker won't let you interact with guild banks at all. It only allows you to deposit and withdraw from your account bank.

The fence won't let you launder items, and takes a commission fee for everything you fence.

The assistants are, in general, pretty terrible.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hmmm... $35,00 or just take a minute to wander of my farming path to buy/sell/repair some stuff"

I think there are enough merchants in the game, and I have a habit of clearing my inventory to my best extend when going to places where there won't be a merchant for a while.

But you're right. For that kind of money, assistants should have all the options of a regular banker and merchant. Or at least for you; group members might only be able to sell stuff, while she's there, but for a loyal customer as yourself, she should offer repairs and goodies.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure someone lined data on new bankers / merchants that would do all the above. BUT not heard anything yet.

The dub thing us if they added guild bankers to banker I would certainly blow 5k crowns on one. Without it its useless.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS either lives in a fantasy world of self-delusion or is deliberately sadistic. No one misses the mark in customer satisfaction as many times as Zenimax does. Even a craft bag which is the reason I finally up-ed the $$ and got plussed are problematic wrt guild banks.

Belonging to 4 guilds with traders, I would drop 5k crowns in the blink of an eye for a fully functioning banker. The fence's "cut" is downright shameful!!
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.