Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get new orc models please???

MaiqIsNotALiar
MaiqIsNotALiar
Soul Shriven
Seriously, look at the Skyrim orcs
JV2U4te.jpg

Then look at the ESO orcs

46TPQxJ.jpg

Ahahah, Don't make me laugh, are the ESO orcs doesen't look menancing or dangerous, they don't look like the physical powerhouses and bloodthirsty brutes from all the previous TES titles. If I came across the ESO orc in real life, I wouldn't run away in fear, I would laugh at them. As a matter of fact, I'd go as far as call them adorable. And the female Orcs just looks ridicilous. I love ESO, I really do but can't we just give the orcs the justice they deserve. In skyrim (Yes yes, I GET THAT PEOPLE DONT LIKE COMPARING ESO TO SKYRIM) you could have many varied apperances, whetever it was a cold killing machine or a more civilized orcs, all the orcs in eso just look Weak and frail. The females just looks pissed off all the time. To top it all off, the hairstyles in this game is very bad too! Not even the crown store ones are good. You call a hairdo that sticks 2 inches up a mohawk? I can literally count the pixels on the dreadlocks.

Facial customization in this game is a joke to begin with, literally every three characters look the same.

• Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc?
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they don't look like the physical powerhouses and bloodthirsty brutes from all the previous TES titles.

What?
    OB-npc-Bogrum_gro-Galash.jpg
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    they don't look like the physical powerhouses and bloodthirsty brutes from all the previous TES titles.

What?

so much this, they used to look more like Dr Bunsen honeydew, so you should be happy.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does ESO community always find something to complain?
    🏳️🌈 Ride with Pride 🏳️🌈
    Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Skyrim is the only other Elder Scrolls game I played, so I obviously know everything about the series and lore!"
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
  • MaiqIsNotALiar
    MaiqIsNotALiar
    Soul Shriven
    Vigarr wrote: »

What?

Fine you win that point, but the fact still stands. I know its not a good argument but many character models of oblivion just looked terrible, and the Grey prince didn't look tooo shabby
    Edited by MaiqIsNotALiar on December 24, 2016 1:26AM
  • MaiqIsNotALiar
    MaiqIsNotALiar
    Soul Shriven
    Why does ESO community always find something to complain?

Im not sure if you're a fanboy or something, Constructive criticism is not complaining
  • MaiqIsNotALiar
    MaiqIsNotALiar
    Soul Shriven
    "Skyrim is the only other Elder Scrolls game I played, so I obviously know everything about the series and lore!"

What the hell does lore have to do with anything? Im not going to deny the fact that I'm no lore expert, but Skyrim is by far from the only TES game I've ever played. Skyrim was good, Oblivion was the best, and the terrible game models the game had could easily be modded out, and since modding is considered hacking by ESO, there is no way around this. I beat the Morrowind main story once and never touched it again since I couldn't stand the combat, Daggerfall good aswell, and Arena was garbage.

The only TES game I haven't tried is Battlespire and the Card game one
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different developer, different game engine, different artists. ESO Orsimer are fine by me and are proper amounts of brutish ugly even though ive seen some pretty attractive female NPCs..
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Skyrim Orcs example in the OP have the same facial structrure as the rest of the elves. Like Skyrim, ESO's Orcs use similar facial structures to the other elves.

I think many have a hard time wrapping their heads around the fact that Orcs(Orismer) are green tusked elves in Elder Scrolls.
  • KICHZY
    KICHZY
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy with the way my Orc looks, Had him for over a year now.

15676118_1722911828019388_7170343325729866573_o.jpg?oh=4730d5508f96373fcc956c3a1b4427f0&oe=58DADCCD
    15625774_1722917464685491_8029191264971779047_o.jpg?oh=99f1b347dfc0f0e04bf061454274d1ff&oe=58F48A7B

Edited by KICHZY on December 24, 2016 5:12AM
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Different developer, different game engine, different artists. ESO Orsimer are fine by me and are proper amounts of brutish ugly even though ive seen some pretty attractive female NPCs..

High Priestess Solgra. Miss her. :(
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly my only issue with the Orcs is the same issue I have with all the races. There tends to be no variety in their appearance. And you have to go out of your way in the character creator to get rid of the A-typical features that ZOS starts with as a default. But the character creator can be used to make some pretty impressive and unique characters if you play with it enough. I was able to make a Redguard appear more middle eastern with a much more narrow face than what is typically seen as Redguard in this game. Just put a little effort into it and you might be surprised at how much you can change.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly my only issue with the Orcs is the same issue I have with all the races. There tends to be no variety in their appearance. And you have to go out of your way in the character creator to get rid of the A-typical features that ZOS starts with as a default. But the character creator can be used to make some pretty impressive and unique characters if you play with it enough. I was able to make a Redguard appear more middle eastern with a much more narrow face than what is typically seen as Redguard in this game. Just put a little effort into it and you might be surprised at how much you can change.

It would be awesome if we got an overhaul of the character creation system that gave us a lot more options.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. I play Skyrim and ESO, and I prefer the Orc models used in ESO.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made my Orc look pretty, I couldn't help it :D I did give her some cool paint and horns though!

7e0bcdcb-21c6-4d7e-851a-d0cc823fc254_zpsmqpr8m4a.png
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm you just put up 2 combinations of Orc, probably made them look the least fierce so that your point would have more weight, trust me, they look better than skyrim.
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All races appear a little softer, less 'gritty' in ESO compared to Skyrim. See @ArchMikem's post for the reason. Mind you, this one would argue otherwise...
    7J01GIK.png?1
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Orgub_gro_Yagash
    Orgub_gro_Yagash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, no, no, no, no, no
    SLU DEM
    PC EU
    Waidagle: "like to jump/rush into a horde of enemies and die quickly... call it "sneak like an orc""
    cheers'n'oi
    #freeRAVIOUR
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite happy with my Orc too.

orc.png
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orcs are perfect in ESO.
  • Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    How are Skyrim's orcs more varied? I'm sorry but ESO's character creation system is far more advanced than Skyrim's and allows for more unique characters as a result.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orcs are awsome. You must have your face set to 100% soft if you think they're 'adorable'.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They smell like the same dung pile either way they look, so what's it matter?

:wink:

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only decent looking Orc in Skyrim was the one that appeared on the loading screen.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the look of the Orcs better in ESO than in Skyrim.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the look of the Orsimer in ESO. It's also 1000 years before Skyrim and we know how quickly things evolve/interbreed in Tamriel.
    PC EU
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How dare You to say orcs in ESO are not unique !?...

922YvxD.png
    Edited by Juhasow on December 24, 2016 6:27PM