Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[UK/PC] Can't bind TILDE key

Heskey
Heskey
Hi,

It seems that TILDE (default keybind for weapon swap) doesn't work for players with keyboard language set to English-UK, meaning another key needs to be bound.

Annoyingly, ESO acknowledges tilde as a keystroke in text: `, but doesn't acknowledge it in-game as a keybind, or even allow it to be used to rebind something else.

When switching my keyboard language to English-US, it works as intended, but then other things on my keyboard are switched (e.g. " and @ ).

Please could this be fixed so your UK players can use weapon swap next to 1-5?

Thanks.

PS. I submitted this as a ticket in-game but have been advised by Ricky and JD at ZOS to post it here instead. Hope to get an answer soon as it's taken 2 days to tell me how I can file a report, when the report was already right there in front of them...
  • Heskey
    Heskey
    Have to say guys, this is absolutely woeful customer service.
  • falo2k
    falo2k
    ✭✭
    Bumping this as just ran into the problem. Absolutely maddening that you can't bind the backtick on UK keyboards. There's no good reason this shouldn't be supported in an application developed within the last 20 years.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Heskey

Could you provide us with your ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is STILL an issue today.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno, can you please have the team look into this. If we are using UK set keyboard, we can not keybind to Tilde
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Pixiepumpkin

Have you started a support ticket in regards to this keybinding issue?
    Staff Post
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Pixiepumpkin

Have you started a support ticket in regards to this keybinding issue?

No sir I have not, it does not seem to be an issue on our end, but on ZOS end. My wife can not change her keybind either. On USA keyboards we can, on United Kingdom keyboards we can not.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it does not seem to be an issue on our end, but on ZOS end

All the more reason to open a support ticket
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    it does not seem to be an issue on our end, but on ZOS end

All the more reason to open a support ticket

Fair point.
    PC/NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Pixiepumpkin

If you run into any issues opening a ticket, please let us know.
    Staff Post