The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

DW swords or Maces

iseko
iseko
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys. I know this comes dangerously close to a toxic thread which is still ongoing but still here goes. Which do you think is better for a HA user?

A 5% dmg increase seems rather tame compared to the extra 20% penetration (assuming you are not fighting a sorc). If your attack does 10k base dmg. And you add 5% it becomes 10500. K... If your opponent has 25k resist it will be mitigated for about 43% (did not calculate this exactly).

Reducing resist by 20% (5k in this example, 20k remains) would result in a greater dmg increase. No? I keep seeing attacks with 10k tooltip doing 4k dmg or so.

Best Answers

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HA + DW?! Use SnB! Daggers are best for all content imo though, never underestimate crit chance in pvp. The more you have the faster you kill. And 2 daggers = 10% which is really good for burst. If not that, then swords will give a bigger advantage against most players, while maces against the tanker targets. So I suggest carrying around and trying out all 3.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a magicka templar, the only twin blades & blunt passive you'll get use out of is Swords. Daggers increase weapon crit, and Maces increase PHYSICAL penetration.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're a magic character, then swords are your only choice. For SnB it can be whatever as it makes no difference.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what class your on as well.

I'm assuming your stamina?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends what class your on as well.

I'm assuming your stamina?

@leepalmer95 My campaign is non-cp azura

Magicka templar. 5HA, 1/1.
    Im running atm (ive tried a lot off different setups):
    - 5rattlecage armor 3 impen 2 sturdy 2 divines
    - 5 lich jewelry and S&B offbar.
    - 2 piece torugs main bar
    - either bloodspawn or grothdar. Depends.

Armor and jewelry purple, weapons yellow.

Stats: 23k health, 30k magicka, 13k stam, 1300mag regen, 3k spell damage unbuffed (other then major sorc from rattle). When fighting ive seen my spell dmg go up to 4500. But thats when all the stars allign. Resist are around 20k unbuffed. With buff and bloodspawn its around 30K.

Atm im running 2 sharpened swords. Against HA tanks I still feel like Im hitting like a wet noodle. I was thinking the extra penetration might be beneficial (DW maces). And the dmg I give up when fighting LA users and or shield casters might be negligible compared to the dmg I win vs tanks. Hence my question.

Ps: I prefer rattlecage over other sets because I use immovable pots or tripots which i need. Spell power pots feel like gimping myself in melee range (gettig CC'D too.much) and I love the extra skill slot now that I dont need to run entropy. I still use magelight/dark flare sometimes for the empower.

PPS: typing on phone. Srr for the spelling/grammar.
    Options
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    HA + DW?! Use SnB! Daggers are best for all content imo though, never underestimate crit chance in pvp. The more you have the faster you kill. And 2 daggers = 10% which is really good for burst. If not that, then swords will give a bigger advantage against most players, while maces against the tanker targets. So I suggest carrying around and trying out all 3.

I tried a crit build. With all the impen I felt unimpressed... Plus important too note: I play non-cp
    Options
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    If you are a magicka templar, the only twin blades & blunt passive you'll get use out of is Swords. Daggers increase weapon crit, and Maces increase PHYSICAL penetration.

Lol! Did not read the tooltip right. *Egg on face* thanks
    Options