The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The meaning with crafting armor/weapons

Mawkus
Mawkus
Soul Shriven
Short question but what's the point of crafting armor or weapons when you get better gear from quests and delves?
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some crafted sets are pretty darn good.

Also, you get to customize the style of your armor rather than looking like you raided a clothing donation bin or being so ashamed of your mismatched clothing options that you hide it behind costumes. ;)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    Some crafted sets are pretty darn good.

Also, you get to customize the style of your armor rather than looking like you raided a clothing donation bin or being so ashamed of your mismatched clothing options that you hide it behind costumes. ;)

^This.^

... and ...

Saying dropped gear always out-performs crafted gear is a gross generalization. More often than not it is true ... but not in every case for every build. I would take Twice Born Star, Julianos, or Hunding's over a good many dropped sets.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From cosmetic looks control, crafted lets you choose the appearance if you know the motif you want, whereas with drops you are limited to its original appearance, disguises and costumes/morphs/skins. So if that additional cosmetic contol is of value to you, that is one cosmetic reason for equip crafting.

From convenience and disposability, crafting gear can be quicker and easier than playing thru pve content quests, delves, dungeons, dolmens to get sets, so some find that disposability a reason for crafting equip while speed leveling - like using paper plates i suppose.

For ONE of your "complete" sets worn its not always true that s dropped set is best. A few of the crafted options are quite good for certain builds, long as you dont want jewelry as a part. So statements should really keep the word "some" explicitly in play cux if you say " get better" some others will see it as "always get better" if it makes them feel better.

For my pov, the changes in 1T to drop sets were good for the game. But until they finish the effort with similar improvements to equip crafting, the "reason" or benefit from equip crafting in time spent and skills spent vs gains provided are way out of whack.

You can run a very strong char, evrn end game viable, with just drop set equip but you cannot do the same with just crafted.
    Compare that with consumables crafting, where practically nobody would seriously argue the benefits of drop consumables as opposed to crafteds.

Its out of whack guring this interlude between the good uptick to drops and the upcoming uptick to crafted.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Mawkus
    Mawkus
    Soul Shriven
    Well thanks for the response guys, appreciate it.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Today I worked on a pvp heal tank build for my Templar and Kagrenac's Hope works well with a Templar as it further reduces your time to revive dead players. With just the passives and the armour I think it reduces it by 35%, combine that with the Support passives and you can reduce that much more.

That set also gives you over 200 spell damage for 5 pieces.

So yeah, there are some crafted sets that will work well if you have the right character class to go with it.

Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    I actually get some enjoyment out of making my own weapons and armour and still be viable in a group or raid with people who find dropped equipment.

Also I can tailor the sets to get the effects I want rather than hope on a RNG.

For example I have a nightblade who uses two daggers and a bow. Looking to increase the critical damage of the daggers and bow with some secondary effects from another set.

5 pieces with the Vampire Kiss set and the rest from the Night Mothers set. Never tried this before so it may work well or it may not. If it does then I will roll with that for a few champion levels till I need to renew.

I often deconstruct the dropped sets because I really don't like the look of a missmatched set of armour or weapons from various motif designs. I like to look good while I cut peoples throats.