The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

anecdote: Adept Examination

DorianDragonRaze
DorianDragonRaze
✭✭✭✭
Scene: lawn near Fighters Guild in Silvenar.

Sees-All-Colors to Adelhild: Is everything ready for the adept Corera combat magic examination?
Adelhild: Yes, guildmaster. All measurment and safety spells are set. The training dummy is in perfect condition.
Sees-All-Colors to adept Corera: are you ready, adept?
Adept Corera: I wear my best gear, I have full bag of potions and charged soul gems, and I rested well. I’ve been meditating near the Atronach Mundus Stone all the morning.
Sees-All-Colors: All right. May the test begin, and may your magicka flow never dry.

(divine calls, war cries, strengthening spells, fire, lightnings, explosions, ozone smell, pile of ash instead of the training dummy in the end)

Sees-All-Colors: Quite impressive, adept. Decent concentration. Meritorious spell tactic.
Adept Corera: (breathing heavyly) … Thank you! … Guildmaster!
Sees-All-Colors: What are the measurement results, Adelhild?
Adelhild: The results are weird. 27,000 joules per second of actual damage in the dummy area. This is too much even for me. There could be some mistake in the measurement spell set-up, but I checked it twice. Let me scan the area real quick.

(Adelhild closes his eyes, stands a couple of seconds, approaches a hickory log which is about 3 feet away from the training dummy spot, then he sniffs the air and opens his eyes)

Adelhild: there are several fried rats and a centipede behind the log. That’s why the results have been distorted.
Sees-All-Colors (raises his annoyed spike): Holy Hist Bark! We don’t have time to make such mistakes! Daedra will not wait. We’re receiving reports of suspicious activity near the Broken Coast Dolmen. Start preparing for the new test right away. We need to make sure until tonight that our adepts are ready to confront even daedric generals.
Adelhild: Your word is my command! I’ll summon a scamp to clear the log and fried critters. But first I’ll go to our bosmeri friends and order a new training dummy. I’m sure they’ve stocked sufficient amount of leather and bones.
Sees-All-Colors: And Adelhild, lunch and an essence of magicka for adept Corera is on you.
Edited by DorianDragonRaze on December 21, 2016 10:11PM
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, this is my first story of such kind. English isn't my native, but I've tried my best. If you like it, don't forget to click "awesome", so I will get an idea what is it worth. Thanks.
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on December 21, 2016 10:06PM
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, could you move it to the "Fiction & Roleplaying" section please?