The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Question/clarification on respeccing skill points

tanek
tanek
✭✭✭
Hello, all. Just back to ESO after a long time away and I am looking into skill respecs. Information on how the system works and how much it costs seems to vary depending on when the question was asked, so I am guessing things have changed over the past couple years. To make sure I have my facts straight so far...
  1. The first time you respec skill points on a character it costs 50 per point you have allocated
  2. A respec can be limited to just morphs, also for 50 per morph you have done
  3. The cost of this first respec does not depend at all on character level or other factors, just on how many points you have allocated
  4. Removing skill points through a respec does not change the level each skill has already reached
Beyond that, I have questions about respecs past the first one.
  1. Does the cost change for subsequent respecs? If so, how much does it cost?
  2. Are there any restrictions on how often a character can respec?
  3. And, marginally related, is there any quick and easy way to see how many points you have allocated already? (I ask because I will probably need to go through and count one by one since I forget how many total points I had or where they all came from.)

Thank you.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cost is relational to how many you have earned not spent.
    Respecting just morphs is so cheap doesn't warrant any kind of calculations
    You cans respec every 10 min if you want to
    Respecting sta/mag/health is static 3K I believe like CP I think
    Knowing how many you have spent sounds like an add on
    All xp gained on skill or morph is retained
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
    Options
  • tanek
    tanek
    ✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    Cost is relational to how many you have earned not spent.
    Respecting just morphs is so cheap doesn't warrant any kind of calculations
    You cans respec every 10 min if you want to
    Respecting sta/mag/health is static 3K I believe like CP I think
    Knowing how many you have spent sounds like an add on
    All xp gained on skill or morph is retained

Thank you for the reply.
    Cost being related to how many you have earned is one of the things I'd seen in other posts from a while back, but it does not seem to match up with what I see in the game. For instance, I have a character that has spent only 15 out of around 30 points and the cost is 750, which lines up with each point spent adding 50 to the price of a respec. What I can do is leave things as they are until I earn another skill point or two, then go back and see if the price has changed at all.
    Unless you are saying there would be a range? Like, if you have earned 1-30 points the cost is this much, but 31-60 points it goes up by this much more?
    Darn. I wondered whether the "quick and easy" way to tell how many points have been spent might require an add on. I'd just hoped there was some way already in the game that I'd missed. :)
    Options
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's points spent. I typically have all spent when I respec anyway.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's always 50g per skill point.

An easy way to check number of skill points spent is (on PC) to install the addon SpentSkillPoints.

The other way is to go to the respec shrine, it tells you the cost. Divide by 50 and there you go.

You can respec as often as you want without any repercussions.
    Edited by Leandor on December 21, 2016 7:53PM
    Options
  • tanek
    tanek
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

An easy way to check number of skill points spent is (on PC) to install the addon SpentSkillPoints.

The other way is to go to the respec shrine, it tells you the cost. Divide by 50 and there you go.

Thank you. I'll check out that addon (along with the others people have told me I need :) ).
    Options
  • tanek
    tanek
    ✭✭✭
    tanek wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »

Thank you. I'll check out that addon (along with the others people have told me I need :) ).

Downloaded the add-on for skill points last night and it works perfectly. I was able to confirm that 50g/point spent is indeed what I am seeing for my characters.
    Now I just need to figure out what to do with my build before spending more points and making things more expensive. :)

Thanks again.
    Options