The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would there be interest in an Alt-Right guild?

Hateanthem
Hateanthem
✭✭✭✭
Hello fellow ESO players, let me preface this by saying that I hope all of you are enjoying your day, and enjoying your time in Tamriel, no matter who you are or what your playstyle is.

Last night I was leveling my character on PS4 (I just recently switched from the PC) and listening to one of my weekly podcasts, Exodus Americanus (an Alt-Right podcast) when they started talking about the formation of communities in online gaming and other activities related to the entertainment industries. That started the gears grinding in my tiny, little head.

Throughout my time in MMOs I've seen many, many guilds that were themed around lifestyle choices related to gender, sexual orientation, choice of fandom, political preference, but I have yet to find a guild that where people with the Alt-Right mindset could call home.

Would there be any interest in such a guild on the PS4 NA platform?

If one already exists, please let me know. If not, please contact me so we can discuss the possibility of creating an in game community. You can leave your ps4 tag in the comments and I'll add you tonight after work, or feel free to add me.

PS4 tag: a_rock420
Main character name: Thot Police

Everyone have yourselves a heck of a day.
Edited by Hateanthem on December 21, 2016 7:36PM
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hateanthem wrote: »
    Hello fellow ESO players, let me preface this by saying that I hope all of you are enjoying your day, and enjoying your time in Tamriel, no matter who you are or what your playstyle is.

Last night I was leveling my character on PS4 (I just recently switched from the PC) and listening to one of my weekly podcasts, Exodus Americanus (an Alt-Right podcast) when they started talking about the formation of communities in online gaming and other activities related to the entertainment industries. That started the gears grinding in my tiny, little head.

Throughout my time in MMOs I've seen many, many guilds that were themed around lifestyle choices related to gender, sexual orientation, choice of fandom, political preference, but I have yet to find a guild that where people with the Alt-Right mindset could call home.

If one already exists, please let me know. If not, please contact me so we can discuss the possibility of creating an in game community. You can leave your ps4 tag in the comments and I'll add you tonight after work, or feel free to add me.

What exactly is Alt-Right?
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

those are people with a far right ideologies
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In b4 lock
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It means they're wide receivers but don't want people to know
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    DPG76 wrote: »

edit : like white power etc ..
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

So like the klan? If so the klan is largely democratic. Is Alt-Right like conservatives or something else? Seriously I don't know.

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Why popcorn? I'm confused. Is a definition controversial? Or is this definition controversial?

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those that dont know, here is everything you didnt want to know about this crap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

OP, feel fee to fall off the face of the earth, no one needs you or your kind.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So like the klan? If so the klan is largely democratic. Is Alt-Right like conservatives or something else? Seriously I don't know.

From https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/alternative-right
    The Alternative Right, commonly known as the Alt-Right, is a set of far-right ideologies, groups and individuals whose core belief is that “white identity” is under attack by multicultural forces using “political correctness” and “social justice” to undermine white people and “their” civilization. Characterized by heavy use of social media and online memes, Alt-Righters eschew “establishment” conservatism, skew young, and embrace white ethno-nationalism as a fundamental value.

Surely we need more white ethno-nationalism in our fantasy video games. /sarcasm
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why popcorn? I'm confused. Is a definition controversial? Or is this definition controversial?

I am showing popcorn indicating I am settling in to enjoy watching the inevitable dungshow this thread is going to be, before it gets locked.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    For those that dont know, here is everything you didnt want to know about this crap.

i agree , i just hate fasjo's and in my opinion no political subject has a place on this forum
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought gaming was an escape from this type of ignorance, sadly it seems I was wrong. :(
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

I am showing popcorn indicating I am settling in to enjoy watching the inevitable dungshow this thread is going to be, before it gets locked.

Okay thanks for the clarification, wasn't sure if I said something wrong.

• Hateanthem
    Hateanthem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow. This thread blew up awful quick.

You have anger issues.

Look, there are people in this world that do not agree with everything you agree with. Crawl out of your safe space and just accept it.

If scrolling through guild posts I see ads for LGBTQWTFBBQLOLZ guilds, and no one is freaking out, trolling them, or calling for harrasment towards them, I should be allowed to politely ask if there would be any other players who share views similar to mine, being interested in grouping up.

I don't care how you play the game, who you play it with, or whatever. If there were a few players who wanted to play based on a common ideology or interest, more power to them.

It doesn't effect you in any way.

And seriously, who's the ones being hateful here? Me who politely asked, or you who feels I should fall off the face of the earth because I don't see the world as you do?

And the SPLC and wikipedia is not a good place to find out about what it is. Go to actual alt right sites if you want to know what it is.
    Edited by Hateanthem on December 22, 2016 7:35PM
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer you are looking for OP... is No.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Hateanthem
    Hateanthem
    ✭✭✭✭

i agree , i just hate fasjo's and in my opinion no political subject has a place on this forum

Sure. Then go troll the LGBT ads and posts as well.

I'm not looking to spread my idealogies and world outlook, and neither are they. So don't be hypocritical.

It's called getting in where you fit in.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay thanks for the clarification, wasn't sure if I said something wrong.

@bryanhaas No, it had nothing to do with your comment. :)

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

So I read all that and it made sense but it does not make sense. However racists are generally not the brightest, in fact it is in itself complete and utter idiocy as we are all the same race. There is truly no divergence based on skin color or geological affiliation. It boggles my mind what differentiation these people see, truly the only difference is cultural so they want to eradicate of section of individuals based on beliefs or behaviors? That was typically the reign of democrats if you look at history so the connection of these people to the right wing seems to make no sense whatsoever. The entire thing seems more like a purposeful misdirection.

I don't know, OP you are *** take your bs elsewhere.

• cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference between LGBT guilds and your alt-right guild are that the LGBT guilds are inclusive of others and your guild would be exclusive of others based on things they cannot control. I hope you're trolling but if not. Get lost.
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    no , i don't have any problems with LGBT as i yet have to encounter one on this forum but i hate faschists, its just my opinion .

fit in any *** you feel comfi in dude ;)
  • Hateanthem
    Hateanthem
    ✭✭✭✭

So I read all that and it made sense but it does not make sense. However racists are generally not the brightest, in fact it is in itself complete and utter idiocy as we are all the same race. There is truly no divergence based on skin color or geological affiliation. It boggles my mind what differentiation these people see, truly the only difference is cultural so they want to eradicate of section of individuals based on beliefs or behaviors? That was typically the reign of democrats if you look at history so the connection of these people to the right wing seems to make no sense whatsoever. The entire thing seems more like a purposeful misdirection.

The AltRight doesn't want to eradicate anyone that I know of, but this isn't a political debate thread so I'm not going to argue about it.

An LGBT guild that has to say "heterosexuals are welcome as long as they fit certain criteria" is not inclusive. That's literally the definition of exclusive.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You have anger issues.

Look, there are people in this world that do not agree with everything you agree with. Crawl out of your safe space and just accept it.

Alright, "safe spaces" have been called out! I'm getting out my Intolerance Bingo card...
    If scrolling through guild posts I see ads for LGBTQWTFBBQLOLZ guilds, and no one is freaking out, trolling them, or calling for harrasment towards them, I should be allowed to politely ask if there would be any other players who share views similar to mine, being interested in grouping up.

Okay cool, I had "Denigrate people different from you" right next to my free space...
    I don't care how you play the game, who you play it with, or whatever. If there were a few players who wanted to play based on a common ideology or interest, more power to them.

Whooo! I also had "I need a safe space away from your safe space," so close now!
    And seriously, who's the ones being hateful here? Me who politely asked, or you who feels I should fall off the face of the earth because I don't see the world as you do?

Dang, I have "Your intolerance of my intolerance is hateful!" but it's way over in the corner :(
    And the SPLC and wikipedia is not a good place to find out about what it is. Go to actual alt right sites if you want to know what it is.

LOL
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not looking to spread my idealogies and world outlook, and neither are they. So don't be hypocritical.

There really isn't a connection between what you are advocating with your beliefs and LGBT. It would seem and feel free to correct me but that you would desire the elimination of those groups however LGBT community as a whole does not desire the same. If this is wrong then please plainly state what your personal views are and we can discuss this as rational adults. Bear in mind I am not pro gay marriage however just because I do not agree with their lifestyle is no reason to deny them any rights others have.

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You have anger issues.

Ok Ill play your little game with you. I have anger issues? Only towards those who spew hate.

Crawl out of my safe place? Thats a cute bumper sticker but does not apply to me.

The other guilds/groups you refer to do not align themselves with each other base on hate. Alt-right is a hate group. A racist group. It has no place in this world we live in today and certainly has no place in a game forum.

It does effect me directly. As it does for every player in this game that is not racist. How? Easy, if this game allows people like you to spew there toxic ideology to the young and impressionable people of this game. Im out. I will never be part of anything that even slightly resembles racism. In short, if ESO allows you to start your guild, I would leave the game. Otherwise, even though I would not be part of your little white hat party, I would be guilty by association.

You will not fool anyone telling them not to read the wiki. Its not always right, but in this case they outline clearly what your group stands for. Racism.

***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we close this thread now? What a ridiculous topic.
  • Hateanthem
    Hateanthem
    ✭✭✭✭

There really isn't a connection between what you are advocating with your beliefs and LGBT. It would seem and feel free to correct me but that you would desire the elimination of those groups however LGBT community as a whole does not desire the same. If this is wrong then please plainly state what your personal views are and we can discuss this as rational adults. Bear in mind I am not pro gay marriage however just because I do not agree with their lifestyle is no reason to deny them any rights others have.

You keep using words like eliminate. No one should be eliminated.

And I'm honestly not going to sit here and have a full blown political discussion on this thread. I'm just not going to. It's not the appropriate place for it. Nor would I demand that any other group do the same on a video game thread.

I asked if there was anyone out there. If there isn't, no big deal. If there is, they know how to contact me. That's really all there is to it.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

The AltRight doesn't want to eradicate anyone that I know of, but this isn't a political debate thread so I'm not going to argue about it.

An LGBT guild that has to say "heterosexuals are welcome as long as they fit certain criteria" is not inclusive. That's literally the definition of exclusive.

So you dislike certain people who do not fit your criteria and want to ensure that you associate only with other people who also hold those same beliefs. Would that be a fair assumption?

Also I did not mention anything outwardly political just historical references, but I can attempt to forego those references for the remainder of the discussion unless deemed absolutely necessary.

• Hateanthem
    Hateanthem
    ✭✭✭✭

You have anger issues.

Ok Ill play your little game with you. I have anger issues? Only towards those who spew hate.

Crawl out of my safe place? Thats a cute bumper sticker but does not apply to me.

The other guilds/groups you refer to do not align themselves with each other base on hate. Alt-right is a hate group. A racist group. It has no place in this world we live in today and certainly has no place in a game forum.

It does effect me directly. As it does for every player in this game that is not racist. How? Easy, if this game allows people like you to spew there toxic ideology to the young and impressionable people of this game. Im out. I will never be part of anything that even slightly resembles racism. In short, if ESO allows you to start your guild, I would leave the game. Otherwise, even though I would not be part of your little white hat party, I would be guilty by association.

You will not fool anyone telling them not to read the wiki. Its not always right, but in this case they outline clearly what your group stands for. Racism.

Your opinion is that it's a hate group. Your opinion mind you. Has the AltRght physically assaulted...Anyone? No.

The antifa crowd enjoys physically assaulting the AR at NPI conferences though.

Did they assault anyone at Trump rallys? Nope. The violence was directed towards them.

This equality and free speech people love to go on about only seems to apply to people who agree with them.

Weird.

And you would leave the game because a few players would form a group that doesn't agree with you? Are you hearing the hysteria in what you are saying? Nothing we would do, which would be the same thing all other groups do, would affect you in any way whatsoever. You would never even know we were there.

I'm picturing you with giant, chubby, dark red cheeks and shaky fat fingers right now just slamming those hamsticks down on a keyboard in anger.
    Edited by Hateanthem on December 22, 2016 7:59PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You have anger issues.

Your opinion is that it's a hate group. Your opinion mind you. Has the AltRght physically assaulted...Anyone? No.

The antifa crowd enjoys physically assaulting the AR any NPI conferences though.

Did they assault anyone at Trump rallys? Nope. The violence was directed towards them.

This equality and free speech people love to go on about only seems to apply to people who agree with them.

Weird.

Careful, your bubble is showing!
This discussion has been closed.