The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafting Motifs from the crown store

Herelacfreahelm
Herelacfreahelm
✭✭✭
I have a few questions about the crafting alliance style and the exotic style motifs that can be purchased from the crown store. Just wondering if this is the only way to obtain them for each of my characters or each one of them be found by exploring in the game?
Or can they be purchased from other players?

I prefer to get them this way instead of buying them from the crown store. My other concern is when they are purchased from the crown store I do not like having the crafting motif item that was purchased be only for one character. Which means if I want for example the featured crafting motif frostcaster I have to buy this for each one of my characters at 2000 crowns each. Where I have the problem is once this is purchased it should be made available for all of my characters on my account and not just one of them.

Correct me if I am wrong but mounts purchased from the crown store are made available for all of my characters so why not make crafting motifs the same way. Sure hope that they will fix this.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than frostcaller and the Halloween, all motifs can be gained in game. All style materials can also be gained in game with the exception of the 2 listed.

My suggestion would be to make 1 crafter only, it will take more time but will save you in the long run.

As for the cs exclusive motifs I would not count on zos making them account wide, they seem to be on a money grab here lately.

Once you learn the motif you can craft it for any other toons or other people. Just remember that the only way to craft those 2 styles is with mimic stones which cost you actual money. If you decon the items you have a chance of gaining the actual style stone, but if you find them on traders they will be expensive.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on December 20, 2016 2:47PM