The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Several glitches report. Xbox, NA

Hakkane
Hakkane
Dear Support,

First, sorry in advance as this post my not fit some rules about bug reporting: I am reporting more than one bug/post. Also even if I checked the first pages of this bug sections and I didn't find anything related to what I'll describe, I can't discard someone else may have already reported it. Please forgive me for that in advance. For the interactions I have with guild members and their perplexity when I mention the or they watch them on their screens, I think they might be unreported. Also, as they all appeared at the same time, maybe they can be linked to each other. The game experience is becoming really frustrating for me, especially as some of them stack and accumulate over time.

They relate to Xbox One, NA megaserver, appeared after the 1.6.1.0 update, and are persisting after the 1.6.2.0 update:

1) My character remains in blocking animation after releasing blocking button, sometimes. Bar swap solves it, but the shield icon persists in front of me. Every time it glitches again, the shield becomes more bright (like accumulating). The shield icon does not disappear traveling or changing instance. Reported both in PVP/PVE. My group mates visualize both the blocking and the shield icon glitch, unless the run away from me. Pics on next point and in all the videos I’ll share in this post.

2) The Inner Light (Mage Light morph) animation may persist circling around me sometimes, and it accumulates over time, so I can end up with 30+ blue lights circling around me. It persists even if I travel or access a different instance. Team mates can visualize it too (and mock me, obviously), unless I get out of their rendering distance. I have observed it only on PVP, but I don't use it on PVE, so I am not sure. The rest of videos of this post show this and the previous glitch. Pic from my screen: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpeFHl06j6ZJ1r4RGrA. Pic from a team mate screen: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpeFJHn5IbUpb5fg5GA

3) Sometimes when mounting my horse the animation starts, but it fails in a weird mode, so I can't mount. Sometimes a bar swap fixes it, sometimes the bug lasts several minutes. I only observed it on PVP. Video here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpeFIUsWknSrA1bx5xQ

4) Sometimes I am unable to run. It may get fixed with a bar swap, but sometimes it will last several minutes. Sometimes this accumulates with the riding bug (extremely frustrating as you could imagine). I only observed it on PVP

5) Sometimes my Siege Weapon Shield skill animation (both the bubble and circle) will last only 1-2 seconds and disappear. the problem will persist several minutes. I can't say if it is limited to the animation or if its effects disappear too. Only observed on PVP. Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpeFFvkb2mXR_85bSGA

6) Most of the times my Practiced Incantation ultimate will be interrupted immediately after casting it. I might be wrong, but I don't remember in the patch notes that now this could be interrupted. Only on PVP. Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpeFE5fM1Z3odsxidug

7) Sometimes when I successfully finish my Practiced Incantation ultimate, the character stays in the “praying” animation even if I use other skills. Bar swapping or being stunned fixes it. Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpeFCx2LKGv1ZusgaIA

8) On PVP (at least), sometimes Radiant Oppression refuses to be casted. No bar swapping solves it, only after some minutes it will work again.

9) Finally, some people I dueled with let me know that for some seconds they were unable to target me with any skill. They correlated that with the beginning of the blocking glitch I mentioned on point 1. They say they've never seen that in any other duel. Moreover, a few times I realized on PVP that a large enemy group may need an unusual long time to kill me: they would surround me and cast AoE's, but I suspect they were unable to target me with direct skills for some seconds.

Sorry again if I am not fitting the format, and thanks for the help in advance. I can add more information on request and while I tried to show video examples of most of them, if you require more "samples" just let me know it.

Best,
  • Cavarka
    Cavarka
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for the blocking issue
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    Some updates I can add:

- After playing PVE a lot yesterday, I can say all the problems I reported happen both on PVE and PVP

- I have good reasons to think that many (if not all) of the problems are linked: During the periods of time I generate multiple Mage Light balls, also my Practiced Incantation ulti gets instantly interrupted and I can't cast Radiant Opression

- The Mage Light glitch can severely lag my game and the game of people around me when a really large amount of balls are on screen (40-50 or more)
    Edited by Hakkane on December 18, 2016 6:43PM
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    Hello. Any update from support team about all these issues?

Best,

Hakkane
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    An update about the issue #3 about mounting. I realized that after a few minutes playing, I can't mount from my main skills bar. Period. Only swapping to back bar I can mount, and for periods of time this bar is glitched as well.

As I am not receiving any help, I started the debugging process by myself to try to help identifying the problem:

- As they might be related to bars, I tried to change the type of weapon of either bars and both at the time. Nothing solved

- Interestingly, I have a non-vet version of my main character that is almost a exact copy of my vet main character (argonian templar healer) After playing half an hour with him, I see this character is not showing any of the mentioned bugs, so I started changing in the main character the few things that difference them:

- I changed the two skills that differ (Blazing Spears and Radiant Oppression) by two random skills. Nothing solved

- Sets might be the responsible, maybe the last trait of the full sets. Both characters use 5 pieces of Meritorious Service, so that is not the problem. I strip the vet of the Monster Set (Chokethorn) without results. I strip the vet of the Transmutation set without result

- The vet uses a different mount and a different pet. I try to use those of the non-vet. Nothing solved

- The non-vet uses a guild tabard and different colors for the armor. I equip the tabard in the vet and change the color of the armor to a random scheme. Nothing solved.

What am I missing? Champion points, now I realize that. Later I'll try to remove them all an check again. For all the tests I showed I made logout/login after the changes to have a fresh client.

Is it possible that the problems are exclusive of my main character? Something corrupted in your databases about him? His name is a string variable that generates conflicts in the server? A course of a Daedric prince?
  • DonEiosah
    DonEiosah
    ✭✭✭
    I am having a bigger issue, I can't even get into the server. here is a video if you all must see what I am talking about. Really weird that is happens to all my characters on the main account and not on my second account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HqQtH3Cw2I
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    Back to the original topic. After doing a bunch of “experiments” and spending a lot of gold in countless Champion Points re-specs, I found the particular thing that is triggering the glitches I reported on the OP.

TL;DR verison: The amount of CP spent on the character trigger each glitch at a different threshold of CP. Once the threshold is reached, a second event activates the glitch. I can confirm that the proc of the Transmutation set is one of those events. But it can't be the sole one, as in previous experiments, even stripped of the Transmutation set, during the gameplay I still experienced the glitches.

And now the experiments, with corresponding 30 seconds videos. They first show what I have done with CP, then you’ll see me using Mutagen (a HoT to trigger transmutation), switching bars to the main bar (as I have Radiant Magelight that rises my max health, thus making me a small damage), then the proc of Transmutation (the lines of light circling around me) and then 2 tests: I cast several magelights to see if they accumulate and I try to mount to see if it fails.

- 0CP spent. No video here. Everything works smoothly

- 227 CP spent: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpoNSqz737zOVhM_jvQ With the exception of the occasional blocking glitch (the shield icon that persists) everything works fine. AS you see magelight does not accumulate and I can mount the horse

- 327 CP (100 added to “blessed”): https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpoNTYOErYZi4ZDLlAg Still all good

- 391 CP (64 added to “resistant”, red constellation) https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpoNVx3crri6lCt33mQ Magelight is still good, but now I can’t mount anymore

- 391 CP (I removed the 64 in “resistant” and added to “elfborn”, blue constellation) https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpoNYvNyA0BeYWC2TzQ (sorry, this time I had to swap bars several times to proc Transmutation) Again magelight good but unable to mount. As the glitch triggered both adding CP to the blue or the red constellation (previous), this demonstrates it is not a particular constellation or active perk, but instead the total number CP is what matters

- All my 492 CP spent. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpoNWxLpvTd00b5jyPw Magelight now gets glitched

- Finally, to confirm that these glitches are triggered by transmutation and not by Mutagen: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlPeSKoIYRlbpoNRTEloWFjOQn2qWA In the first part I try to mount my horse successfully under the effect of Mutagen. Then I swap bars to proc Transmutation and I am no longer able to mount.

So for these two particular glitches, looks like the mounting problem arises at some point between 327 and 391, while the magelight at some point between 391 and 492. I have no videos as with Ultimates is more difficult, but from my tests the Practiced Incantation that gets interrupted happens at some point between 227 and 391 (previously all good).

I hope all this info can be insightful for the developers.
    Edited by Hakkane on January 11, 2017 3:35PM
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    ............... Daily update:

- I have discovered a new bug related to the CP spent: Transmutation set stops activating at some point between 450 and 490 CP spent in my character. Neither on me or in my allies. Even if Transmutation is not proc, the rest of the glitches are happening as I reported in the previous messages. So now I have doubts about if it is Transmutation or not that second event that triggers the bug.

- In order to further characterize if these bugs are game-wide or linked to my main character, I spent all of my 492 CP on my low level replica and moved him to a vet campaign. So far he didn't show any of the reported bugs, suggesting my problems could be exclusive of my main character. However this low-level needs an extra piece of Transmutation to complete the set, having the exactly same gear as my vet. Once I find that piece and do more tests I'll report again
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    Hello again.

I was able to make my low-level a veteran finally. I transferred all the gear from my glitched vet, so now this new character is a complete replicate of him. Even after spending all of my 499 CP, he is not showing any of the aforementioned glitches, so this is demonstrating that all the problems are linked to that particular character. Something must be "corrupted" in the database of the server about him, so please @ZOS_GinaBruno or whoever else, I kindly request that the data about my character is "purged", debugged or rebuild so I can keep using him.

Sever: Xbox-NA
    Gamertag: Hakkane
    Character: Hakkane

It is true now I can use the new character I made as a replacement, but that means I will lose forever all his hard-earned progression, as PVP rank (my endgame), Undaunted level, horse training, quest lines and so.

Thanks in advance
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck bud
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    Hello. Any update about this?

PS: Thanks for your words, Waffennacht
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    @Hakkane Great thread - keep updating it! They seem to be ignoring all of our glitches & problems because I haven't seen a single community person responding to any of these issues and other issues, like Xbox chat system not working, severe DCs, once people DC they can't connect to the servers AT ALL for a few hours, and my favorite - toons being able to walk through walls in Cyrodiil. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are you guys even reading these posts??
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • Compton1865
    Compton1865
    ✭✭
    Great thread. I've also experienced some of these issues. Especially the blocking issue - it happens constantly. I really hope they address these (and other issues - ESPECIALLY voice chat).

I am tired of having to log out/log in or restart my Xbox in order to avoid these problems.
    MemoFromTurner
    XB/NA/AD

Interesting in joining a vampire guild? The Strigoi Coven is looking for new recruits - shoot me a message!

"Vampires often turn on those who trust them, you know."
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    Thanks both @BllyDnsr and @Compton1865. Yeah, I totallly agree that we have other very concerning problems like the voice chat, the disconnections and the eternal loading screens. With all this things that I suffer too, reporting and asking from time to time about "minor" glitches that are affecting very few people (if not only me) can look like an act of vanity. For that reason I have done everything in my hand to narrow down and document with pics and videos the source of the problem, facilitating the work of the developers that should (I suppose) be busy debugging the big stuff.

At this point, after one month and a half of the OP, the absence from Zenimax of a solution, an answer or a simple polite message like "we are aware of it and we are working on it" is... discouraging and heart-breaking. I can't find any extra reason to keep helping with this if I have the feeling that I am speaking to an empty room.

And I am even more concerned today after their 2017 plans post of today: they are prioritizing he release of new content like Morrowind and they will leave the so-needed solutions for PvP performance and balancing for later this year. For me is a complete no-sense: it is like adding new floors to a building you know its foundation is cracking. I am very hyped with Morrowind chapter, I would really love to have a reason that finally pushes me to reserve the physical deluxe edition even paying those $100, as a token of gratitude for the developers. But at this point, considering the state of the game and the absence of reliable Support, I am not even going to buy the simple digital upgrade.

Frankly, I was expecting that after the act of honesty that has been addressing the problems of the game in today's post, they would say "we are not going to have a content update next quarter, because our team is totally focused on fixing the core". Instead they made a tight schedule with quarterly updates and no room to rethink everything and fix all the problems: the big ones and the small ones, the widespread ones and the single-player ones. Sometimes I even consider what would happen if they'll roll back the game to the status of 1 year ago, before Orsinium. We would miss sets, rules and contents, but at least we won't suffer this frustration when playing.
  • Compton1865
    Compton1865
    ✭✭
    Thanks, @Hakkane, for the thoughtful comments. I too, am disappointed. Although, like you, I am excited for new content, I do wish ZOS would take the time to address our concerns. I realize that there are several platforms/servers, yet, at times I fear that they don't take advantage of the forums. That is to say, they don't use the forums as tools to address player concerns, make improvements to the base game, and sequester ideas for future content. From what I've seen, they really use it as a means to help new players (which is great!) and to collect "kudos" regarding new and future content.

Personally, to recapitulate, I am excited for Morrowind. I can't wait for June. Although I don't prefer digital editions, the Digital CE Upgrade is the most cost-effective (for me). That said, I enjoy ESO. It is one of my favorite games. I can appreciate that it is difficult addressing all of our concerns (the player base is massive, surely). However, for problems with the core game, errors/glitches that are so frequently reported, I cannot deny that I am disappointed in ZOS. Truly, releasing new content/events/CS items in quick succession is fabulous; neglecting problems with the game's technical mechanics is not.
    Edited by Compton1865 on February 2, 2017 12:06AM
    MemoFromTurner
    XB/NA/AD

Interesting in joining a vampire guild? The Strigoi Coven is looking for new recruits - shoot me a message!

"Vampires often turn on those who trust them, you know."
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    Hello again,

After the Homestead update no one of my reported problems have been addressed. Any update about this, @ZOS_GinaBruno, or anyone else at ZOS?

As a reminder, I discovered that the use of certain buffs as Mutagen or Transmutation trigger different bugs depending on the total number of CP spent on a very particular character. So the more total CP spent (irrespective of the constellation), the more glitches will be triggered. These glitches include: accumulating visual animations on the screen of both me and players around me, inability to mount a horse or run, inability to cast certain direct damage skills, enemy players are unable to cast certain direct damage skills on me, interruption of skills and ultimates, certain armor set buffs cease to proc.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lmao oh this is to funny. Cant help you but damn that looks crazy, i wonder what an enemy player would think. If it was me youd have me searching everywhere for a new skill in the game lol.
  • kaanihsanb16_ESO
    Thank you Hakkane!

I always thought I was the only one who encountered those various bugs.
    I play on PC EU and most of those bugs happened to me on my Sorcerer. However I have some Questions about your Character.

Do you have those bugs on all your Characters? And by any chance did you do any race change? Is any character affected by vampirism?

To my understanding I got the bugs with the race change, also vampirism seem to affect that aswell.

It is interesting that you found a treshhold for those Bugs correlating with CP, I found quite an interesting treshold to that aswell.
    For my various bugs seem only to appear when I spent Skillpoints the more I spent the frequent the bugs appear (shield bug, Hurricane visual effect, Monster helmet won't trigger etc.)

I hope there will be an answer someday.

But know this: You are not alone

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Hakkane you'd probably have better luck tracking and getting updates to this stuff if you posted each bug separately.
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    Thank you Hakkane!

I play on PC EU and most of those bugs happened to me on my Sorcerer. However I have some Questions about your Character.

Do you have those bugs on all your Characters? And by any chance did you do any race change? Is any character affected by vampirism?

To my understanding I got the bugs with the race change, also vampirism seem to affect that aswell.

It is interesting that you found a treshhold for those Bugs correlating with CP, I found quite an interesting treshold to that aswell.
    For my various bugs seem only to appear when I spent Skillpoints the more I spent the frequent the bugs appear (shield bug, Hurricane visual effect, Monster helmet won't trigger etc.)

Thanks @kaanihsanb16_ESO, I am so sorry to hear you are suffering these bugs too...

- No, it is only related to my main character. actually, I made a replicate of him to who I transferred all the gear and items, and he is doing good, so far. But even if it is a complete replicate, all the game progress, AP level and so is totally lost as he is unplayable, so I am still waiting for some help from ZOS (I am so naïve...)
    - No, no race change here
    - No, no vampirism. He was a werewolf, and even after curing him, the bugs persist
    - It is interesting that you find that are skillpoints what triggers yours. In my "experiments", even stripping most of my spent skill points, nothing changed. I would be more than happy to work with support or developers and try everything they asked me to try. But you know, no one from ZOS has come around this post in 4 months... :-(

Yes, I know, @LiquidPony, but now I know ALL of them are related, and have the same origin...
  • kaanihsanb16_ESO
    Hakkane wrote: »
    Thank you Hakkane!

Thanks @kaanihsanb16_ESO, I am so sorry to hear you are suffering these bugs too...

- No, it is only related to my main character. actually, I made a replicate of him to who I transferred all the gear and items, and he is doing good, so far. But even if it is a complete replicate, all the game progress, AP level and so is totally lost as he is unplayable, so I am still waiting for some help from ZOS (I am so naïve...)
    - No, no race change here
    - No, no vampirism. He was a werewolf, and even after curing him, the bugs persist
    - It is interesting that you find that are skillpoints what triggers yours. In my "experiments", even stripping most of my spent skill points, nothing changed. I would be more than happy to work with support or developers and try everything they asked me to try. But you know, no one from ZOS has come around this post in 4 months... :-(

Yes, I know, @LiquidPony, but now I know ALL of them are related, and have the same origin...

Thanks for your quick response @Hakkane !

This is very sad to hear.

With this information we can conclude that our same bugs, are not affected by addons,gameversion,race,class,console and so on..

However we must have something in common that causes those very same bugs. I can only guess that you too are far in the game with much skillpoints and CP.

I for one got my bugs on my pact sorcerer. I also got a weaker sorc twink and did all faction quests and some DLC. Other than that I am subbed to ESO+

Our relation has to be something in the game, questwise or something other (which I cannot get my head around yet)

I too really hope that ZOS will look into this, these bugs are so uncommon in how they work that they just have to!

For Instance, beside those visual bugs (which also other players can see) I can break the game sometimes. If I have any visual bug on me, and I do a Boss like Velidreth, the mechanic will break. Velidreth is then unable to pull anyone in the group down. I have more of those examples and they are clearly caused from the bugs.

Also the behavior of the bug is nothing that I recall seeing anywhere else. The bug gets heavier and "mutates" and does more harm. ( and is only countered when I cure vampirism)

EDIT:

I just saw that you used the meritorious service set. I too was using it, and even when I don't have the set on me, I can trigger the 5 piece bonus from it!

Please look if you get the 5 piece buff even without the set and let me know. (I clearly get the visuals of it and the name of the buff, but no actual stat change)
    Edited by kaanihsanb16_ESO on April 9, 2017 11:22AM
  • kaanihsanb16_ESO
    as of may 2017 all of those bugs are still present. buggy game, *** devs. no more comment on that.

RIP in pieces
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lot of infos, videos, links and not even one single acknowledgement from a staff member. This is getting quite discouraging, and borderline disrespectful.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug