Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Must have Motifs?

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What are some good motifs?

Atm I am just checking guild stores and buying whatever has been listed cheaply.
Anything I should keep my eye out for?
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xivkyn, assassins league, dro mathra and alliance motifs have been my frequent requests from folks.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    Xivkyn, assassins league, dro mathra and alliance motifs have been my frequent requests from folks.

Besides those, Trinimac, Glass, & Hollowjack are attractive. That said, the Assassins League motif is a personal famous.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    while i liked glass, it doesn't dye well imo.

i like daedric in addition to trinimac.

of the basic lot, a fan or argonian and khajit - except cat eared tops.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually mix& match styles into a look & those fancy motif pieces in the right spots make all the difference...
    B)
    Dwemer light & med shoulders for the WIN!
    http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/dwemer/

also Mercenary shoulders, all of them!
    http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/mercenary/

& I agree, Xivkyn / Hollowjack / Assassins / Trinimac
    have fun!
    Edited by Pheefs on December 18, 2016 5:45AM
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    I usually mix& match styles into a look & those fancy motif pieces in the right spots make all the difference...

Nice to see someone else around here with a little imagination. ;)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • m2rc
    m2rc
    ✭✭✭
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if you're new I recommend learning all the blue level race motifs like nord and redgaurd.

Daedric is really cool.

Ebonheart pact alliance motif is cool.

Dro-m"athra is nice.

Hollowjack is also cool.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be aware that alliance styles look like balloons on female characters.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dro'Mathra is probably one of the newest styles I can completely craft yet no one ever asks for it :|
  • HrolleifTheUnbroken
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Dro'Mathra is probably one of the newest styles I can completely craft yet no one ever asks for it :|

Lol now that you mentioned it, would you be able to craft me a pair of daggers and a bow at CP160 of nightmothers´s gaze? I´ll supply the mats.

I feel it´s safe to assume you´re on PS4. yes?
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dro mathra, enough said
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just get a Nordic Bath Towel and you won't need any motifs. :D

I like many styles, have most of them. Favorite is Ancient Orc Inferno Staff.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Just get a Nordic Bath Towel and you won't need any motifs. :D

I like many styles, have most of them. Favorite is Ancient Orc Inferno Staff.

Kahjit staves are the bomb.
  • cwy
    cwy
    ✭✭
    Has anyone tried mixing different styles in one outfit? All the pics I've seen are of a single style used for all items. Some styles seem to look similar and may work if worn together. Or maybe you could go for that Frankenstein look and wear intentionally dissimilar items.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All three Order of the Hour sets (light, medium, heavy) are decent.

My Stam DK in Order of the Hour medium (minus the shoulders which are Covenant style):

gpHRqfJ.png

My Templar Healer in Order of the Hour heavy (gloves and belt are Xivkyn light):

QaOoDRs.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 21, 2016 6:22PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh that is what style it is! (order of the hour) My main has gear in that style mismatched with normal Bosmer, that I just bought out of a guild store. i couldn't work out what my shoulders and gloves were.

Well i have just been picking up anything that is super cheap, I have all the racial styles and I picked up a lot of skinchanger from people that don't care and sold them off cheap in my PVP guild.

I also bought ancient elf because I just had collected stacks of pallidium during my progression in the game. Ancient Elf Staves look quite good.

I have reached level 9 carfting but the research is still going to take some time, i might just start crafting named set bows to sell pretty soon (as my main is a bow main I researched that first only three more traits to research). I also found drauger bows motif in a chest in Coldharbor.. and they look pretty sweet.
    Edited by Narvuntien on December 22, 2016 1:30AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Order of the Hour pages drop pretty regularly by finishing the Arena world boss daily in Kvatch. It took me about 2 1/2 weeks to get the entire motif with some trading with other players. It will likely be in the crown store soon ... for players that don't have the time to complete the dailies.

From the picture above, my favorite crafted staff is currently Celestial (this one happens to be a Kagrenac's staff). Agree, the Ancient Elf staff looks nice as well ... but looking at it from the side it appears paper thin like a toothpick. (ZOS if you're reading this, can you improve the side dimensions on this staff?)

Crafted bows is one of the areas the ZOS Art Team gets high marks for creativity. There are a lot of good options to choose from. The one in the pic above is a crafted Covenant motif bow (Twice Born Star). My Bosmer DK respecced to a traditional tank after hitting level 50 (2H instead of bow on the back bar; now carrying a Dro-m'Athra 2-handed Axe) ... so this bow is in storage for another Alt some day.
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favourite motifs are:

- Celestial
    - Trinimac
    - Xivkyn
    - Ancient Elf
    - Glass

It's best to mix-and-match different styles. Unfortunately most of best end-game gear is dropped stuff, so one has to be practical and wear what makes most sense.