The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Needing loremasters (and apprentices)... (spoilers!)

Ser Lobo
Ser Lobo
✭✭✭✭✭
I've done a google search for specific information from this time period, and haven't found anything. I realize that this time period doesn't have a lot of detail mapped out (at least, not a lot that isn't in ESO itself), but before I start this next chapter in roleplaying, I want to make sure my background facts are pretty clear.

- Are the Imperial legions numbered or named, or both?
- Could legions of this time-period consist of members from other races, or just Imperials?
- Has time passed since the game started? Could we say 'over the last three years?' Or is the amount more significant?
- Going off the last set of questions, what year exactly is it by our best guess?
- How would a legion commander act during this time period? Are they all under Mannimarco?
- Has Mannimarco disappeared?
- Would an 'everday Joe' (read: not a vestige) know about Coldharbor, anchors and the planemeld, or would it just be random deadra and sounds from afar?
- What happened to the Imperial Council? Are they trapped in the Imperial City?
- Who is actually issuing orders for the Empire?

Any help on these questions would be appreciated. I've got a general plotline formed, but as every writer knows, if your foundation points are too weak, your audience will rip you to shreds, hahaha ....
Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • The_4O4
    The_4O4
    ✭✭✭
    -Numbered. There's no "official" number of legions though to my knowledge.
    -All races can join the Imperial Legion, but most have deserted to fight for their homelands
    -There's no cannon amount of time that's passed since the game launched however...
    -The date at the beginning of the game is 2E 583. Tiber September conquers Tamriel in 2E 895 "officially" ending the Alliance war and the interregnum
    - Depends on the legion. Most (See the invading legions in Bangkorai and Reaper's March) are doing whatever they want, with no orders from higher-ups. The only legion directly under control of Mannimarco is Legion Zero in the Imperial City. Some groups of legionnaires are trying to do good. (see the soldiers outside the Imperial city and the group trapped inside the barracks.)
    -Depends on when you want your rp to take place. Has the Vestige stopped him yet? Is he still running around Tamriel? It's up to you
    - Yes they would most certainly know about it. Anchors have appeared everywhere, and it's the talk of every town.
    - The council met on the day the planmeld started. The members have either been killed, or ran away. (an exact location is given for only two. One is hiding in the sewers and one is in Gideon (in Argonia)
    - No one.

If you want a source or elaboration for anything let me know
  • Hawkeye0099
    Abnur Tharn is the leader of the council and his daughter is acting empress.
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Seventh Legion is in Bangkorai, Legion Zero in IC which suggests they are numbered.