Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can I start in any newbie zone?

mashugana
mashugana
With One Tamriel can I start in any newbie zone? I have done the zones for Ebonheart and I'd like to try the Dominion and Covenant areas. Can I make an Argonian that starts in the Pact zones and then somehow get to the Dominion zone at a low level? Do you get the starter Wayshrines automatically or do you have to run there?

Thanks.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall if my new character had the three starter zone wayshrines...I think you automatically get glenumbra, auridon and stone falls, but I'm not sure.

Regardless, you can pick up the storyline in the starter zones like you want. They will all be leveled to you and will play the same as each other. If the wayshrines aren't automatically open, join a relatively large guild, go online during a busy time, and "travel to player" to open the wayshrines you want for free.

In Aldmeri your main quest picks up on the boat south of the wayshrines, and with a guard standing at the base of the stairs between the boat and wayshrines. if you want to do the starter island, left of the ship is some piers and a sailor will take you to Khenarthi. In Pact, go east from the devons watch wayshrine and up into the city. The main storyline starts with Holgrunn (something like that) - grizzly soldier with eye patch. Their starter area quest is given by a woman on the docks to the east, who will take you to bleak rock.
  • mashugana
    mashugana
    Thank you
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the Navigators in the main cities to get to other Alliance Zones.

As for the Starter Islands, you may or may not want to rush into those. They put a powerful Dropped Set in those zones (for all 3 alliances) called the Armor of the Trainee. Usually this drops in the Training Trait, but the quests in those zones drop the armor in other traits. It can be a very powerful tank set. So, to that end, you may want to skip the Starter Islands until your CP160.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"