Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Craglorn and Stamsorcs

Gorilla
Gorilla
✭✭✭
Hi all, just starting checking out 1T's Craglorn and its a fun challenge. My question is are there any tips for survivability as a solo stam sorc?

I am 350 CP, purple 5 pc NMG and Red Mountain, and run a variety of skills on my bars with blue food etc 80% crit thereabouts. Normally I go DW and bow, but I feel its a bit light in terms of survival. Any particular skills or setups you'd recommend?

It may just be a case of me being too lazy and needing to use S&B for the harder hitters, but that would require sitting up. Lol.

Anyways, thanks.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Critical Surge + Hurricane + Blood Thirst + Blood Craze + Rend. Lots and lots of passive healing as a side effect of doing damage. But bear in mind that while the main story quests in Craglorn are now solo, lots of optional and daily quests and World Bosses in Craglorn are still intended for groups. Can they be soloed? Yep. And many are actually pretty easy to solo with all the healing from above skills. But you will definitely run into places where it is a real pain in the neck to solo. In that case, I think you are better off going and doing Veteran Maelstrom Arena. It is some of the most difficult solo content in game and at least VMSA has chance to drop best weapons in game at end. You are not going to get anything worthwhile from soloing the group areas of Craglorn.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Critical Surge + Hurricane + Blood Thirst + Blood Craze + Rend. Lots and lots of passive healing as a side effect of doing damage. But bear in mind that while the main story quests in Craglorn are now solo, lots of optional and daily quests and World Bosses in Craglorn are still intended for groups. Can they be soloed? Yep. And many are actually pretty easy to solo with all the healing from above skills. But you will definitely run into places where it is a real pain in the neck to solo. In that case, I think you are better off going and doing Veteran Maelstrom Arena. It is some of the most difficult solo content in game and at least VMSA has chance to drop best weapons in game at end. You are not going to get anything worthwhile from soloing the group areas of Craglorn.

Yes I have found it a mixed bag. I am a good player, but not top tier nor with the gear/CPs. Some of the group content I can beat, some not. And some of that has been due to bad tactics.

I haven't run VMSA yet because there is still so much content I haven't done -- TG, DB, Imperial City, Cadwells Gold, etc. -- that it still a great big open world for me and I enjoy running around finding new things. VMSA is on my list, but then again are monster sets, duels, running with guildies. All "good problems".

Thanks for your suggestions -- they are in line with what I am doing now so good to know on correct track.

Would recommend Bow on back bar or another?