Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

As a Bosmer, can I play through the Ebonheart Pact quests from the very beginning?

gamesofsteele
gamesofsteele
Soul Shriven
I created a new bosmer character, but I noticed it still forced me to start in the Aldmeri Dominion. I thought One Tamriel did away with that. Can I warp to the Ebonheart Pact side of things and do the Main Quest over there with my friends?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and No.

As a Bosmer you're still part of the AD alliance. 1T did not change that.

Yes, you can go to EP and play with your friends.

No, you can *not* play through the main quest in EP, you won't be able to access the Harborage there.
    You can only access the Harborage in Auridon.

You can, however, play through all the zone quests in EP.
    :smile:
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    No, you can *not* play through the main quest in EP, you won't be able to access the Harborage there.
    You can only access the Harborage in Auridon.

Though it does stand to note that the Harborage quests are all solo anyway, so no huge loss there. You can easily do those simultaneously at each alliance and compare notes
    SirAndy wrote: »
    You can, however, play through all the zone quests in EP.
    :smile:

I'd been wondering that, actually. Can you just... go to Davon's Watch and talk to the Indorils to start the main zone quest? Or do you still need Cadwell's silver/gold to do that? Does anyone know? I won't be able to get into the game for a few days, so can't test myself atm. :p
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not done this myself but I guess you want to buy the "Adventurer Pack" in the upgrades section to create any character in any Alliance.

I don't think any other tokens will allow you to change the alliance after the character creation.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd been wondering that, actually. Can you just... go to Davon's Watch and talk to the Indorils to start the main zone quest? Or do you still need Cadwell's silver/gold to do that? Does anyone know? I won't be able to get into the game for a few days, so can't test myself atm. :p

Yep, if you can talk to a quest giver, you can get a quest.

I do recommend doing the zone story quests in order. Some quests are OK done out of order, some quests get fragile or hard to pick up the trail if you do them out of order. Looking at you, Reaper's March....

Besides, the story makes more sense that way. Like, learning how to kill the bad guy in Glenumbra after you kill the bad guy in Glenumbra or getting the items needed for the final fight in the Rift after you do the final fight in the Rift just kind of makes things weird.

Edited by Nestor on December 13, 2016 7:25PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but you may need to get a port to bleakrock Isle. The island is under attack and the quest giver there will lead you on the path to the EP story quests!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but you may need to get a port to bleakrock Isle. The island is under attack and the quest giver there will lead you on the path to the EP story quests!

this. Khenarthi's Roost for AD and Stros M'Kai for DC
    also.. weird but I got the Coldharbour quest before I finished the alliance chain.
    and... I started cross alliance (i.e. Cadwell's Silver) quests before defeating Molag Bal and formally receiving Cadwell's Journal. don't know if these will tick later or not.
    Finally, I think the Mages and Fighter's Guild quests are alliance locked.
    Edited by Fudly_budly on December 16, 2016 1:57PM
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.