The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When should I attempt Vet Dungeons?

PokeMaule
PokeMaule
✭✭
Hi all,
ESO is my first MMO and so far I am loving it. Great community and advice given in threads etc. Hence I am posting here for some advice on when should I attempt moving from normal dungeons to vet ones?
I am currently cp 244 and as long as the group is decent have so far had no massive issues with normal pledges. I haven't done all dungeons yet as have only recently started doing them although I would like a monster head to go with the pile of shoulders now dusting in my bank.
I know a lot will be down to the group but I don't want to go in and be one shot killed at every trash pull so any advice would be appreciated.
EU XBONE

Thanks in advance

Binyar-Tun DK (Dps for grind soon to be Tank at cp 561) also master crafter in the making for alts to breeze leveling.
Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you will never learn them if you never do them.... just make sure you pulling at least the minimum dps though for the dungeon.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭
    You should find a nice guild that is willing to do some veteran dungeons with you and show you the mechanics. This game, I find, is the most fun when you consistently play with a nice group of people helping each other out. You often wont get that in PUGs.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would do all of the dungeons on normal first before doing them on vet mode. That way you'll get to know all of the mechanics in each dungeon settings, and become familiar with what you need to do.

Once you find each dungeon to be easy on normal then I would try to explore the veterans side of it. Don't rush it. Take your time.
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys,
    I am not in a massive rush as such just would be nice to have a head piece lol.
    I learned the hard way about PUGs last night a tank that ran from trash and a healer who only healed himself, me and the gf practically had to 2 man it while they ran screaming into previous rooms and the long wait time was not worth kicking them. That said we have set up a small guild hoping to get a decent group together for learning so hopefully that side will start getting better.

As for the dps side not too sure what is good or not? My current damage is around 1600 I think, maintenance stopping me from fully checking. That's unbuffed. I run twice born star with thief and shadow, crit damage potions, and a 5 piece Briarheart with also gives extra damage etc.

I'm not claiming it's optimal etc but half the fun is learning and getting better gear.
    Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule

• Wonky_Jr
    Wonky_Jr
    ✭✭
    I'm in the same boat. My main is an orc Templar Tank (i know orc is not optimal for a Templar tank). Normal dungeons are fairly easy for me now at CP240ish but the few times I PUG for vets I end up with bad DD's spamming bow light attacks or healers who don't keep up HOT's.

I'm on Xbox EU server if you want to group up for vets, etc.(got a DD, tank and levelling a healer)

If you have a spare 100k gold you can check the golden vendor in Cyrodiil every weekend for a monster helm.

Advice when I run my DD;
    I would make sure I have at least 18k - 20k health.
    a self heal for those hairy moments
    keep up DOTs and AOEs
    stay out of the red circles (less healing means more DPS by the healer)

My Khaki NB runs 5x handing's, 3x agility, 4xnight mothers gaze with shadow stone. (I need to get better gear).
    I think I put out approx. 2500 weapon damage? I would have to check that though. I use bow and DW. (I don't often PUG with DD as it takes a while to find a dungeon.)

What quality is your gear? what traits, enchants, armour type, etc. do you use? Also CP distribution is a big difference.
    (eg 80points into mighty sees approx. 20% physical damage increase.)

What is your crafting skill? Can you make TBS medium armour?

Hope this info is useful.
    Regards

XB1 GT: Wonky Jr
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO once you are cp160 and have 160 gear, you should be able to do most vet dungeons. At this low a cp you will want guild mates or friends and everyone should understand/be aware you are learning.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    Wonky_Jr wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. My main is an orc Templar Tank (i know orc is not optimal for a Templar tank). Normal dungeons are fairly easy for me now at CP240ish but the few times I PUG for vets I end up with bad DD's spamming bow light attacks or healers who don't keep up HOT's.

I'm on Xbox EU server if you want to group up for vets, etc.(got a DD, tank and levelling a healer)

If you have a spare 100k gold you can check the golden vendor in Cyrodiil every weekend for a monster helm.

Advice when I run my DD;
    I would make sure I have at least 18k - 20k health.
    a self heal for those hairy moments
    keep up DOTs and AOEs
    stay out of the red circles (less healing means more DPS by the healer)

My Khaki NB runs 5x handing's, 3x agility, 4xnight mothers gaze with shadow stone. (I need to get better gear).
    I think I put out approx. 2500 weapon damage? I would have to check that though. I use bow and DW. (I don't often PUG with DD as it takes a while to find a dungeon.)

What quality is your gear? what traits, enchants, armour type, etc. do you use? Also CP distribution is a big difference.
    (eg 80points into mighty sees approx. 20% physical damage increase.)

What is your crafting skill? Can you make TBS medium armour?

Hope this info is useful.
    Regards

XB1 GT: Wonky Jr

That would be brilliant to team up for a few runs. I'm happy to run a few normal so you can offer advice first too.

Health is at 19k once food eaten I run D/W and bow (only really used for AOE and a self heal stun as last few runs have had terrible healers. Dragons blood heal too.
    Gear all purple with purple stamina enchants all 160
    Also just hit 80 points in mighty last night.

Crafting all level 50 apart from enchants. Just bloody waiting on traits getting learned or would prob be running hundings and night mother myself. Found blue twice born cheap in guild store so upgraded it myself to get me by until crafting finished.

Xbox GT PokeMaule please add or pm me and again appreciate the offer of help.

XBONE GT - PokeMaule

• PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    IMO once you are cp160 and have 160 gear, you should be able to do most vet dungeons. At this low a cp you will want guild mates or friends and everyone should understand/be aware you are learning.

Cool thanks for the Advice now to find some players who speak and don't just run on lol.
    Jokes have had a few groups with very helpful players.

XBONE GT - PokeMaule

• Wonky_Jr
    Wonky_Jr
    ✭✭
    That would be brilliant to team up for a few runs. I'm happy to run a few normal so you can offer advice first too.

Health is at 19k once food eaten I run D/W and bow (only really used for AOE and a self heal stun as last few runs have had terrible healers. Dragons blood heal too.
    Gear all purple with purple stamina enchants all 160
    Also just hit 80 points in mighty last night.

Crafting all level 50 apart from enchants. Just bloody waiting on traits getting learned or would prob be running hundings and night mother myself. Found blue twice born cheap in guild store so upgraded it myself to get me by until crafting finished.

Xbox GT PokeMaule please add or pm me and again appreciate the offer of help.[/quote]

Cool ill be online about 7pm. Compare stats, run dungeons, have a laugh, etc.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PokeMaule wrote: »
    Hi all,
    ESO is my first MMO and so far I am loving it. Great community and advice given in threads etc. Hence I am posting here for some advice on when should I attempt moving from normal dungeons to vet ones?
    I am currently cp 244 and as long as the group is decent have so far had no massive issues with normal pledges. I haven't done all dungeons yet as have only recently started doing them although I would like a monster head to go with the pile of shoulders now dusting in my bank.
    I know a lot will be down to the group but I don't want to go in and be one shot killed at every trash pull so any advice would be appreciated.
    EU XBONE

Thanks in advance

Binyar-Tun DK (Dps for grind soon to be Tank at cp 561) also master crafter in the making for alts to breeze leveling.

At 244 cp you should do them NOW. Just make sure to have a competent group with you and you're good.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When normal becomes too easy to you, no challenge at all, then it is time to move to vet, otherwise enjoy normal dungeons.
    Pc na