The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does ESO Plus on steam not stack with membership bought from ESO website?

LucidxNightmare
I had a month left of my Plus membership with it ending in the beginning of January. Decided to buy another 6 months through steam since I had money in my steam wallet. From looking at my account details on the ESO site it looks like it canceled out my current membership and replaced it with the membership I bought from steam. Usually it states how much time you have left, now it just says to check steam for details on my membership. This is kind of a crummy thing if that is in fact what happened.
  • Architecture
    Architecture
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_CoriJ HELP -- please read!

I have a similar issue. I have 45 days remaining (in my 180-day Plus membership as shown on ElderScrollsOnline.com) -- I decided to add The Elder Scrolls Online: Plus 30 Days to my subscription through Steam interface and now it says canceled, and that I only have 30 days remaining now. :s I already paid for a subscription (that had 45 days remaining), I purchased 30 more days for the same account and it does not show remaining days as 45 days + 30 days (equal to 75 days remaining in the subscription).

My Help Ticket is # 161215-001508
  • LucidxNightmare

I have a similar issue. I have 45 days remaining (in my 180-day Plus membership as shown on ElderScrollsOnline.com) -- I decided to add The Elder Scrolls Online: Plus 30 Days to my subscription through Steam interface and now it says canceled, and that I only have 30 days remaining now. :s I already paid for a subscription (that had 45 days remaining), I purchased 30 more days for the same account and it does not show remaining days as 45 days + 30 days (equal to 75 days remaining in the subscription).

I put a ticket in and they told me to contact steam support since steam is the one that applies the membership. My old membership bought from eso website was still active so it didn't cancel but the steam one might have been applied and is running concurrently with the eso bought one.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, they don't stack, as they are considered separate accounts. Anything applied on a linked Steam account will overwrite anything done on the ESO website.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Architecture
    Architecture
    Soul Shriven

I put a ticket in and they told me to contact steam support since steam is the one that applies the membership. My old membership bought from eso website was still active so it didn't cancel but the steam one might have been applied and is running concurrently with the eso bought one.

How did you manage that? Running them in parallel on the same account doesn't make sense -- it probably is relying on one or the other. It says mine "canceled" on the ESO site immediately after the Steam purchase was successful. In Steam it says my sub expires in 30 days, even tho I had 45 days remaining on ESO site (prior to it unknowingly "canceling" my 180-day subscription on the ESO side upon Steam transaction).

Also, in that "Membership Cancellation Success" email it states the following:
    You will no longer be charged for membership on a recurring basis, and your access to ESO Plus™ benefits will expire at the end of your current membership.

Assuming that is true (as it is clearly stated and this is how paid subscriptions work, everywhere) then my membership should not expire 15 days earlier than what it was going to originally expire (45 days). There is clearly an inadequate integration between The Elder Scrolls Online and the Steam interface.
  • LucidxNightmare

It says mine "canceled" on the ESO site immediately after the Steam purchase was successful. In Steam it says my sub expires in 30 days, even tho I had 45 days remaining on ESO site (prior to it unknowingly "canceling" my 180-day subscription on the ESO side upon Steam transaction).

Mine also said "cancelled" on the eso website but support informed me it was still active. In steam it doesn't tell me when it expires, it only has the date it was added. Just found where to manage subscriptions on steam and it does show when my sub ends.

EDIT: Just to be clear my recurring subscription was cancelled on the eso website but it didn't disable/remove the time I had already paid for.
    Edited by LucidxNightmare on December 17, 2016 5:01AM
  • LucidxNightmare
    Update: Zenimax told me to contact steam because they can't do anything since it was bought through steam. Steam told me they can't do anything because it's Zenimax that applies it and to contact eso support. Then Zenimax told me they can't modify anything bought from steam and to contact steam or refund through steam and wait until my current sub runs out. Absolutely worthless support on both ends. Something as simple as changing a date on a membership shouldn't be a problem.