Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What would you consider the best class/setup to solo AOE grind CP exp?

Garethjolnir
Garethjolnir
✭✭✭✭
As per the title.

I'm looking to create a character purely for solo AOE grinding mobs post level 50. I have heard that stam sorc is currently a good choice. What would you recommend?

Any help would be appreciated.
Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can grind just as good on all classes . For clearing mobs the quickes and pulling from far away my Sorc and DK both can own a Zone .
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    all classes have pretty good AoE abilities from their class skills, destruction staff Elemental Blockade, Steel Tornado - available depending on whether you are a Stamina or a Magicka class, and are pretty good at clearing mobs. combined with other AoE's

if you are looking for a class specific AoE's then you should ask about that class specifically
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

I tuned my DK to AOE focus and love it. I use it for mostly questing, solo farming, etc... lots of fun.
    I can also easily swap gear to be more tanky if needed for a trials dungeon (tank).

Thunderbugg Armor + (most any set will combine well)

For electrical madness... combine with Storm Knight set and you will literally be a non stop bug zapping machine.
    For more tanky-self healing: Bahara's Curse, Leeching Plate, Defending Yokeda, ...

Thunderbugg and Storm Knight can both be purchased at guild stores easily.

I use Valkyn Skoria monster helmet normally, because the DOTs proc it. but sometimes I swap around to Grothgarr or the others just to keep it fresh.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    stamplar built for pure dps. repentence for resources back. in a group of 2, i like magplar with stam sorc /profit
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magica night blade. Sap does damage and heals yourself.

Or Stam sorc. Hurricane, steel tornado and crit surge is all you need.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any stam build with Vicious Ophidian 5 piece - or a magicka sorc. Just from a pure efficiency standpoint it's not about how fast you kill as any class can be built to kill ridiculously fast, it's about how fast you MOVE from group to group.

I personally perfer stamsorc. You heal yourself by doing damage and you can use dw/bow without worrying about having a brutality buff. Plus minor expedition from Hurricane to stack with VO expedition.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    I like farming normal group dungeons with my mDK.

5 Burning spell weave, 3 willpower and 2 destro staves and will swap between Skoria and the one with the lava pools for my monster set. I only have 2 single target skills and that is burning embers and flames of oblivion most of the time.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    Any stam build with Vicious Ophidian 5 piece

Speaking of VO/Alkosh, is there a placeholder set that you would recommend for those who do not have it yet?
    Edited by Garethjolnir on December 13, 2016 9:00AM
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit Stam Sorc with VO if you can get it, but If not then I used Briarheart successfully for many a CP. Hell, use both if you can!!
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    Any stam build with Vicious Ophidian 5 piece

Speaking of VO/Alkosh, is there a placeholder set that you would recommend for those who do not have it yet?

Dreugh King Slayer is decent. When I was grinding CPs during the Halloween event, I used a stamblade with 5 piece Trainee, 5 piece Dreugh King Slayer, 2 piece Velidreth. It was a really simple way to have full training traits for me and I was able to use DW/bow without having to give up steel tornado for sap essence.

I recently acquired a full set (3x jewels, 2x armor) of gold VO, and combined that with Night Mother's Gaze + Velidreth on my shiny new stamsorc. I luckily have training velidreth and crafted some purple training NMG, so I'm only missing training on my weapons and 2 armor pieces. I plan to use this setup for grinding during the christmas XP event.
    Edited by Kutsuu on December 13, 2016 2:42PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc is great for this - good mobility.. doesnt need good gear.

Stamplar is also very good - full damage, clear the wave.. drain bodies to full.

Generally you can go vamp and use bats ult and spin 2 win. The rest is just buffs and moving around.
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Stam sorc is great for this - good mobility.. doesnt need good gear.

Stamplar is also very good - full damage, clear the wave.. drain bodies to full.

Generally you can go vamp and use bats ult and spin 2 win. The rest is just buffs and moving around.

Cheers for info mate.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina builds are awesome at this. Spamming Steel Tornado is the path to glory for any class.

For magicka builds, I particularly like how my mageblade performs. Sap Essence is really good, and a combination with Siphoning Attacks means that resource management is fairly easy.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• LuckyLuciano
    LuckyLuciano
    ✭✭
    Stamina Sorc Bow/DW is by far the best choice imho :)

Stamina DK and Temp got not selfheals, Nightblade a little bit, Sorc beats them all Heal-wise
    Temp, DK and NB as Stam all got no speed without porting Cyro, Sorc beats them all Mobility-wise
    All do the Same Damage so no reason not to use a Sorc here too

Do: Training Gear full medium, XP Pots, Level as 2, not 3 not 4, always as 2

Dont: Be a Vamp it *** sucks in PVE
    Edited by LuckyLuciano on December 13, 2016 4:43PM
    "i drink and i know things"
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade, Magicka Templar, Magicka DK, or stam sorc.
  • Kattemynte
    Kattemynte
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, if you are solely going for grinding XP, grab a partner as apparently it gives a bonus to XP gain (any more and it drops off..). Just make sure one of you can heal a bit, even just vigor for heals is enough, and just blast through the mobs.
    As others have said, ever class and set up has good AoE so just go as whatever.
    My opinion for solo grinding would be stamp sorc or templar.

Edited by Kattemynte on December 14, 2016 3:00AM