Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What happened to "Crafted Armor" being the best ZOS?

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simply put, we should be able to craft every set in the game.

Nope. Not imo.

Both crafting and drops should have their own unique elements and some overlap. The game will be no better served by "almost all crafted" than it is now by "almost all drops"

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting definitely needs an overhaul and would love jewelry crafting as well. Even the option to upgrade dropped pieces of green, blue and purples. Changing traits would be an added feature, but the I can see a lot of moaning if someone can't sell their sharpened spinner sword they just looted for 350k anymore.....lol
    I gave up on making money with crafting. Used to be able to make a decent amount for sets, but now with it using around 1100 resources per armor set( not counting weapons), I don't waste my time fighting other players and gold farmers for 3 or 4 nodes of ancester silk per hour. Just not worth the headache....
    Edited by LadyDestiny on March 13, 2017 5:02PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting definitely needs an overhaul and would love jewelry crafting as well. Even the option to upgrade dropped pieces of green, blue and purples. Changing traits would be an added feature, but the I can see a lot of moaning if someone can't sell their sharpened spinner sword they just looted for 350k anymore.....lol
    I gave up on making money with crafting. Used to be able to make a decent amount for sets, but now with it using around 1100 resources per armor set( not counting weapons), I don't waste my time fighting other players and gold farmers for 3 or 4 nodes of ancester silk per hour. Just not worth the headache....

IMO the "value" should rest in the skill and its application.
    1T moved it slightly with wider availability of mats but at the same time the value of crafteds got smashed with the changes to drop sets.

hoping they finish what they started with 1T when the do the crafting uptick.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Entegre
    Entegre
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Remember that to get golden armor (in most cases), you save 32 golden materials as a crafter. People freak about tempering alloys being expensive buying 8 per item? Multiply that cost by 5...

Still, more could be done to help crafters out. I'd go so far as to say have dungeon bosses either drop loot, or have a chance for them to drop a specific trait stone that let's you craft the sets found there. That way, you can also customize the armor. Trait and style.

I am not a crafter but have bs, woodworking and tailoring at 50 because it is super easy to just decon all irrelevant gear at cp160. I also have that temper saving passive open yet I have only rank 1 in main bs skill. Crafting needs an overhaul.
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    At this point, crafting is nearly useless. I invested significant time and effort into it, but anything I can make is garbage compared to dropped sets.

Should crafted gear be bis? No. The only reason to even have crafting skills is to improve the dropped sets you find in dungeons up to gold. Once that has been accomplished, crafting is literally a waste of skill points. This is a sad state of affairs for crafting.

If crafting cannot be used to generate decent gear, AT LEAST make it a decent revenue stream somehow. There needs to be some sort of reason to invest the effort into making it. Maybe make the daily crafting writs reward gold according to your crafting level/number of known traits. I don't see how that could break any trial junkies gameplay. Alternatively, you could make all gear boe and trial runners would get rich too.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jewelry crafting would be a nice step.
    More fun crafted procs would also be a nice step.
    Adding sets to fit the meta every time it changes would be best though.