The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka Sorcerer DW PvP Build - Riddick

psychotic13
psychotic13
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve been having a lot of success with this build, so I thought I’d do a short write up of it to see what others think, I’ll add a video at the end showing the build in action in duels/small scale pvp. People tend the name their builds so im just gonna call it ‘Riddick’ cause that’s the characters name.

Race
Altmer would be the best choice, otherwise Breton or Dark Elf should do fine, were also running vampire on this build.

Mundus
The Mage

Attribute Points – All 64 into magicka

Food
HMZe7zk.png
This food was acquired through the ‘witches festival’ so if you didn’t get it I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to find it cheap on the guild traders

Gear

5/1/1, Light Armor and Undaunted.

x3 Willpower (2 Swords / 1 Necklace )
ESO%20willpower.png

x5 Clever Alchemist (4 Body / Resto )
ESO%20Alchemist.png

x5 Necropotence (3 Body / 2 Rings)
ESO%20Necro.png

I’m running infused on big pieces and divines on the small, this gives me the most max magicka, As shields are not critable I find impen isn’t worth it as my shields will be up most of the time. As for weapons, ive done sharpened on the swords and defending on the resto.

Enchants are all magicka, Spell damage increase glyph on the resto and prismatic glyphs of onslaught on the swords.

item-68344-66-5.png
The con to using these glyphs are that they will only effect people who are running vampire, the pro is vampires will get hit hard by it. It tends to help when fighting magDKs or magplars because a lot of them run vampire. I still proc the spell damage increase glyph from the restoration staff.

Abilities

For Duels
ESO%20ABILITIES%20DUEL.png

Bar 1
1) Structured Entropy – were using this to grant major sorcery and help proc frags as a spammable, also grants us empower from the mage guild passive to land heavy frags. Lastly it gives 2% Magicka Recovery and Max Magicka and a 8% max health bonus, which is important as the food we use doesn’t give health.

2) Crystal fragments – This is our heavy hitter, we need to proc the frag with entropy to empower it and time it the same time as your curse goes off to get the best burst.

3) Endless Fury – Delayed execute, aim is to have it explode once your curse and frag go off at the same time, to guarantee a kill. Though I need to get into the habit of applying it before I throw the frag.

4) Hardened Ward – This is why we want as much magicka as possible, our defence is our shields. They scale only from magicka so we need to push this stat.

5) Volatile Familiar – Now I was never a fan of pets, but I wanted to use the necropotence set and this requires a pet for the 5th piece bonus. I was pleasantly surprised at how they performed, the pulse every few seconds keeps the pressure on opponents and it stuns, also I get another 8% max health bonus for having a pet active from the passives.

ULT: Dawnbreaker of Smiting – I like this even though it scales from physical stats, it still deals a decent amount of damage and its very quick to use to execute someone

Bar 2

1) Velocious Curse – unblockable, high damage. You need to throw your empowered frag when this thing goes off.

2) Volatile Familiar – Same as above, only issue with this ability is it has to be double bar’d

3) Shattering Prison – This can be a flex spot for whatever you prefer, I just find the root helps me land my frag cause they get dodged a lot.

4) Dampen Magic – Another shield, with this and our other wards up we can soak up a lot of damage.

5) Healing Ward – Our last ward and heal, it takes a few seconds to get the heal so use this at the right time.

ULT: Overload – Only using this for the extra skills on the backbar, quick access to your mines and boundless storm.

For Cyrodil
ESO%20ABILITIES%20OPEN%20WORLD.png

For cyrodil I tend to just swap encase for the mobility streak gives, and use soul assault over dawnbreaker. In some of the clips you may see me using the destro ULT, sometimes when in a small group ill swap out my resto staff for an inferno staff. This allows me to use a better ULT but I have to then use the twilight to heal, the twilight is a terrible pet though in cyrodil it just flies away all the time, the familiar I find is better.

This is my character sheet with alchemist proc’d (also intellect is from the potion and lasts 45 seconds, so is always up in combat)
ESO%20RIDDICK%20CS.png
I could push the stats a little higher, ive just got a few builds going on so didn’t have the gold to gold the armor and offhand sword, and im using blue rings at the moment. All glyphs are gold though.

So that’s the build, ended up writing a lot more than I originally planned. Had a few suggestions from @IzakiBrotheSs and @Waffennacht so credit to them to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFTs59jwvYw&t=4s
Edited by psychotic13 on December 11, 2016 5:30AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual wield Sorcerer is not that viable.
    It's great vs squishy targets or people who aren't careful.
    Yet useless against tanky people, as you can't burst them with frags and curse and hard to play vs good players or 1vx. Unless you run a Overload build. Especially during this heavy armor meta, bursting people with our burst combo is no longer possible, unless you are lucky enough to meet light armor fools.

We need spell crafing, to get access to this lightning bolt spell :( if Sorcerer had nice instant damage like all other classes, we could finally benefit from dual wield.
    But as of now, it's not viable if you are looking for serious gameplay and want to be prepared for any situation.

Here, watch my 1vx. You could never wish to burst these tanks with dual wield. You need sustained dps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpSg7xrE4gQ
    Edited by Dracane on December 11, 2016 7:16AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Yet useless against tanky people, as you can't burst them with frags and curse and hard to play vs good players or 1vx. Unless you run a Overload build. Especially during this heavy armor meta, bursting people with our burst combo is no longer possible, unless you are lucky enough to meet light armor fools.

We need spell crafing, to get access to this lightning bolt spell :( if Sorcerer had nice instant damage like all other classes, we could finally benefit from dual wield.
    But as of now, it's not viable if you are looking for serious gameplay and want to be prepared for any situation.

Here, watch my 1vx. You could never wish to burst these tanks with dual wield. You need sustained dps.

I guess that's your opinion, DW sorc is viable I don't see how it's useless against tanky targets the burst can kill literally anything, especially when alchemist is up. It isn't ideal for 1vX cause of the lack of AoE damage, but it's not built for that it's built for dueling and small scale group.

You're on PC maybe it's a bit different, but not everyone runs heavy on xbox, only really the blazing shield tanks but they can just be ignored, most people use viper/veli/eternal hunt and get splatted over the floor.

There's no convincing you, you're stuck in your mindset that your opinion is how it is for everyone and that's not the case, cool vid though, I think i need to get that set which increases your max stats in IC, looks fun.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did you mean to say that you need the destro ultimate? Because it wasn't sustained Force Pulse weaving and Elemental Blockade that killed the dudes with 55k+ health, it was the destro ultimate! :wink: Nice clips though, with imperial physique you have some pretty crazy stats and I like how you used Blockade and how everyone stood in it thinking its low damage or something.
    So with 61k magicka, your Force Pulse hits for around 4.5k-7k on average. What about outside IC? You'd lose a lot of max magicka. And at that point, doesn't the sustained DPS get out healed by a few Vigor ticks? Force Pulse spam is nice but it rarely kills tanks just like dual wield rarely kills tanks. Its the destro ultimate that kills stuff.
    Btw not saying that you're wrong about not being able to burst the tanks down in dual wield. Even with a perfectly timed meteor + frags + curse combo I highly doubt being able to deal 44k damage to bring the dude into execute range. If he eats mines, some boundless storm ticks, if entropy ticks at the right time and your damage enchant is up when everything hits and the guy is a vampire then maybe, but I doubt it.
    Edited by Izaki on December 11, 2016 2:23PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@psychotic13 You soul assaulted a friend of mine from our french guild in that first clip after the duels! And you didn't kill him just once, you killed him several times too?!?! Since when did you plan on starting a genocide of french people? You're going to have exterminate me too, you know that right? :lol:
    Edited by Izaki on December 11, 2016 1:35PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Props for using H2 soundtrack!
    (*.*)
    (also nice play ;P )
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @psychotic13 You soul assaulted a friend of mine from our french guild in that first clip after the duels! And you didn't kill him just once, you killed him several times too?!?! Since when did you plan on starting a genocide of french people? You're going to have exterminate me too, you know that right? :lol:

Haha we had a few fights, they couldn't find our alliance camp. If you're on the opposition I'm fine with having to try and exterminate you to! Took me a while to beat you in a duel though. Soul Assault is very good open world, I feel like no one ever sees it coming and it does so much damage they don't have time to react.

Have to agree aswell, using the Destro ULT and imperial physique doesn't mean your build is supreme for 'serious gameplay and to be prepared for any situation' as @Dracane said. Imperial physique isn't for any situation it's for IC that's it, and there's no skill involved with the desto ult it's OP and everyone knows it. Not trying to take anything away from your video but when you tell me that my builds not viable because I'm using DW I'm going to question you.
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha we had a few fights, they couldn't find our alliance camp. If you're on the opposition I'm fine with having to try and exterminate you to! Took me a while to beat you in a duel though. Soul Assault is very good open world, I feel like no one ever sees it coming and it does so much damage they don't have time to react.

Have to agree aswell, using the Destro ULT and imperial physique doesn't mean your build is supreme for 'serious gameplay and to be prepared for any situation' as @Dracane said. Imperial physique isn't for any situation it's for IC that's it, and there's no skill involved with the desto ult it's OP and everyone knows it. Not trying to take anything away from your video but when you tell me that my builds not viable because I'm using DW I'm going to question you.

Lol soul assault is one of those sounds that I have bound to muscle memory for block. It's manageable for those who have a quick and correct reaction to it. I love using it in open world - I wish I could count the number of times I've watched people chain dodge rolls back to back as if it's going to help while they burn into a pile of ash.

I've seen several very impressive DW magsorcs out - the increased burst is noticeable. It's the difference between bursting my magplar down and me getting a heal off. Really cool build btw, I like this setup a lot.
    Edited by Kutsuu on December 11, 2016 3:25PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah Zeus was the guy that got me into the guild, cause I didn't even know there was a serious french trials guild (I was so sick of speaking english all the time lol). The guys often PvP nowadays cause apparently trying vMoL Hard mode is boring -_-. Yeah Soul Assault is okay, I'm staying with the Shooting Star for the extra 2% max magicka though :D

I didn't really mean it like that, I meant that while sustained pressure is good, more often than not, its not going to kill a tank. The destro ultimate is really what might give a staff set-up an advantage over dual wield, although a triple kill with a Shooting Star isn't too bad either IMHO and you get the ultimate back up much quicker too depending on how many things you've killed and touched. Imperial physique is a totally valid tactic though and for zerg busting, I wouldn't have worn anything different in IC. But that's in IC. What about Cyrodiil? My frags hit almost as hard as yours with 9k less max magicka, and psychotic probably hits harder than me with an Alchemist proc. Is it worth not doing any damage outside the ultimate? Or is the damage actually substantial? Legit questions, not criticism @Dracane.

The other day I had like 5 or 6 people running after me, all clunked up in the same spot, dropped my Shooting Star, Streaked through them, killed 3 (thats 60 ultimate back) and touched all of them (thats 60 or 72 ultimate back). Less than 10 seconds later I had a Shooting Star up again. So a dual wield set-up certainly has way less AoE potential than Dracane's build, but it has its advantages. Plus the burst is just so much smoother and stronger with dual wield <3
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »

Lol soul assault is one of those sounds that I have bound to muscle memory for block. It's manageable for those who have a quick and correct reaction to it. I love using it in open world - I wish I could count the number of times I've watched people chain dodge rolls back to back as if it's going to help while they burn into a pile of ash.

I've seen several very impressive DW magsorcs out - the increased burst is noticeable. It's the difference between bursting my magplar down and me getting a heal off. Really cool build btw, I like this setup a lot.

^ He knows.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah Zeus was the guy that got me into the guild, cause I didn't even know there was a serious french trials guild (I was so sick of speaking english all the time lol). The guys often PvP nowadays cause apparently trying vMoL Hard mode is boring -_-. Yeah Soul Assault is okay, I'm staying with the Shooting Star for the extra 2% max magicka though :D

I didn't really mean it like that, I meant that while sustained pressure is good, more often than not, its not going to kill a tank. The destro ultimate is really what might give a staff set-up an advantage over dual wield, although a triple kill with a Shooting Star isn't too bad either IMHO and you get the ultimate back up much quicker too depending on how many things you've killed and touched. Imperial physique is a totally valid tactic though and for zerg busting, I wouldn't have worn anything different in IC. But that's in IC. What about Cyrodiil? My frags hit almost as hard as yours with 9k less max magicka, and psychotic probably hits harder than me with an Alchemist proc. Is it worth not doing any damage outside the ultimate? Or is the damage actually substantial? Legit questions, not criticism @Dracane.

The other day I had like 5 or 6 people running after me, all clunked up in the same spot, dropped my Shooting Star, Streaked through them, killed 3 (thats 60 ultimate back) and touched all of them (thats 60 or 72 ultimate back). Less than 10 seconds later I had a Shooting Star up again. So a dual wield set-up certainly has way less AoE potential than Dracane's build, but it has its advantages. Plus the burst is just so much smoother and stronger with dual wield <3

I may try shooting star over ice comet, the ULT you get back could come in useful. I'm not a fan of it in duels though it's gets blocked to often.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I may try shooting star over ice comet, the ULT you get back could come in useful. I'm not a fan of it in duels though it's gets blocked to often.

Its also fire damage, so thats 25% more damage against vampires, which makes it hit harder than Ice Comet against like 80% of the population in Cyrodiil. It does suck in duels, but I can't be bothered changing my set-up for a duel frankly lol.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a very solid build, quite the pleasure to watch it in action
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 1v1, I'm much stronger than in Imperial City. My shields are bigger, my damage as well.
    I'm geared for 1vx and mobility in pvp, not so much for 1v1.
    So yes, I use the destro ult, because Sorcerer has only bad ultimates and I never used and never will use the destro ult in a 1v1. I think it's super underpowered, considering its cost.

I would definately smoke a dual wield Sorc any time. I honestly consider using it, but the downsides overweight the benefits.^
    I even wrote in the video descriptions, that these zergs were made of bad players.
    It's not even a contest for me to take these out. I would do so in any gear and any location. As you can see, I don't even use Line of sight unlike all your other YouTube Stars.

But, you can't do this with a zerg made of good players. It's mathematically impossible when they know what to do. Good players will never get Xv1ed
    Edited by Dracane on December 12, 2016 6:20AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

so, you guys gonna pts duel then?
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Dracane

so, you guys gonna pts duel then?

In Update 13 ? For sure.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice build. I think my trouble with dual wield is lack of ulti gain. Just switched back to destro-resto for a bit to level up some destro skills - and the ulti-gain just seems fantastic compared to what I'm used to.

My trouble with staff builds is difficulty in finding decent set bonuses without losing infernal guardian (I do like that set).

My trouble with pets is them getting killed - which is an even bigger problem with necropotence. Been a long time since I tried them though.. How do you deal with that? or is this only for dualling/small-scale ?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been having a lot of success with this build, so I thought I’d do a short write up of it to see what others think, I’ll add a video at the end showing the build in action in duels/small scale pvp. People tend the name their builds so im just gonna call it ‘Riddick’ cause that’s the characters name.

Race
    Altmer would be the best choice, otherwise Breton or Dark Elf should do fine, were also running vampire on this build.

Mundus
    The Mage

Food
    HMZe7zk.png
    This food was acquired through the ‘witches festival’ so if you didn’t get it I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to find it cheap on the guild traders

Gear

ESO%20willpower.png

ESO%20Alchemist.png

ESO%20Necro.png

I’m running infused on big pieces and divines on the small, this gives me the most max magicka, As shields are not critable I find impen isn’t worth it as my shields will be up most of the time. As for weapons, ive done sharpened on the swords and defending on the resto.

Enchants are all magicka, Spell damage increase glyph on the resto and prismatic glyphs of onslaught on the swords.

item-68344-66-5.png
    The con to using these glyphs are that they will only effect people who are running vampire, the pro is vampires will get hit hard by it. It tends to help when fighting magDKs or magplars because a lot of them run vampire. I still proc the spell damage increase glyph from the restoration staff.

Abilities

For Duels

Bar 1
    1) Structured Entropy – were using this to grant major sorcery and help proc frags as a spammable, also grants us empower from the mage guild passive to land heavy frags. Lastly it gives 2% Magicka Recovery and Max Magicka and a 8% max health bonus, which is important as the food we use doesn’t give health.

2) Crystal fragments – This is our heavy hitter, we need to proc the frag with entropy to empower it and time it the same time as your curse goes off to get the best burst.

3) Endless Fury – Delayed execute, aim is to have it explode once your curse and frag go off at the same time, to guarantee a kill. Though I need to get into the habit of applying it before I throw the frag.

4) Hardened Ward – This is why we want as much magicka as possible, our defence is our shields. They scale only from magicka so we need to push this stat.

5) Volatile Familiar – Now I was never a fan of pets, but I wanted to use the necropotence set and this requires a pet for the 5th piece bonus. I was pleasantly surprised at how they performed, the pulse every few seconds keeps the pressure on opponents and it stuns, also I get another 8% max health bonus for having a pet active from the passives.

ULT: Dawnbreaker of Smiting – I like this even though it scales from physical stats, it still deals a decent amount of damage and its very quick to use to execute someone

Bar 2

1) Velocious Curse – unblockable, high damage. You need to throw your empowered frag when this thing goes off.

2) Volatile Familiar – Same as above, only issue with this ability is it has to be double bar’d

3) Shattering Prison – This can be a flex spot for whatever you prefer, I just find the root helps me land my frag cause they get dodged a lot.

4) Dampen Magic – Another shield, with this and our other wards up we can soak up a lot of damage.

5) Healing Ward – Our last ward and heal, it takes a few seconds to get the heal so use this at the right time.

ULT: Overload – Only using this for the extra skills on the backbar, quick access to your mines and boundless storm.

For Cyrodil

For cyrodil I tend to just swap encase for the mobility streak gives, and use soul assault over dawnbreaker. In some of the clips you may see me using the destro ULT, sometimes when in a small group ill swap out my resto staff for an inferno staff. This allows me to use a better ULT but I have to then use the twilight to heal, the twilight is a terrible pet though in cyrodil it just flies away all the time, the familiar I find is better.

This is my character sheet with alchemist proc’d (also intellect is from the potion and lasts 45 seconds, so is always up in combat)
    ESO%20RIDDICK%20CS.png
    I could push the stats a little higher, ive just got a few builds going on so didn’t have the gold to gold the armor and offhand sword, and im using blue rings at the moment. All glyphs are gold though.

So that’s the build, ended up writing a lot more than I originally planned. Had a few suggestions from @IzakiBrotheSs and @Waffennacht so credit to them to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFTs59jwvYw&amp;t=4s

Sorry mate this build wont work where i come from :smile:

You need deadric mines and streak or stam builds will bust your butt.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this DW build, but the burst window is too small. If the target survives the 15 second alchemist window they're golden. Only other issue is that I wouldn't use a pet personally for any reason, but that's me.

DW is great, but I've been having a monster of a time with dual wield and tanky DK's and templars. To the point of losing fights. Twice now I've streaked off, Switched back to a staff setup, then went back and kicked their asses. Badly. The burst is great but sometimes I really really need the sustained damage.

What does the prismatic weapon glyph do for your spells? I thought you had to light attack for it to take effect.

PPS: Yes everyone on PC NA *is* wearing heavy armor nowadays.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Nice build. I think my trouble with dual wield is lack of ulti gain. Just switched back to destro-resto for a bit to level up some destro skills - and the ulti-gain just seems fantastic compared to what I'm used to.

My trouble with staff builds is difficulty in finding decent set bonuses without losing infernal guardian (I do like that set).

My trouble with pets is them getting killed - which is an even bigger problem with necropotence. Been a long time since I tried them though.. How do you deal with that? or is this only for dualling/small-scale ?

You go four piece necropotence instead of five, then you slot aegis and mage light instead of stupid pets. Then got a monster piece with a spell damage bonus or something for the fifth piece.

Wa-la. No more dead pets.

I agree on the ultimate gain on a dual wield. The reason you don't gain ult is that you're not spamming a bunch of crappy low damage skills.

Instead. You're two and three-shotting people, and for some reason you get almost no ult for hitting someone with an 18K frag.

Good players ARE harder to fight on a dual wield. But lets be honest. Stam players are so used to ignoring wimpy 3-4K frags and 2K force pulses from terrible meta sorc staff builds, they're shocked when they're on their back from a 12K frag crit and then curse explodes for 10K.

I got called a hacker yesterday. I've been reported to ZOS for using a build like the one posted above.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 1v1, I'm much stronger than in Imperial City. My shields are bigger, my damage as well.
    So yes, I use the destro ult, because Sorcerer has only bad ultimates and I never used and never will use the destro ult in a 1v1. I think it's super underpowered, considering its cost.

I would definately smoke a dual wield Sorc any time. I honestly consider using it, but the downsides overweight the benefits.^
    I even wrote in the video descriptions, that these zergs were made of bad players.
    It's not even a contest for me to take these out. I would do so in any gear and any location. As you can see, I don't even use Line of sight unlike all your other YouTube Stars.

But, you can't do this with a zerg made of good players. It's mathematically impossible when they know what to do. Good players will never get Xv1ed

Please elaborate on how your shields are bigger without being in IC using imperial physique.

Tbh, the familier really doesn't die often and your hardened wards protect them too. 50k Magicka gives big shields. I like to play up in the enemies face so I light attack a lot with the swords to gain ulti.

I
    Axorn wrote: »

Race

Mundus
    The Mage

Food
    HMZe7zk.png

Gear

ESO%20willpower.png

ESO%20Alchemist.png

ESO%20Necro.png

item-68344-66-5.png

Abilities

For Duels

Bar 1

Bar 2

For Cyrodil

ESO%20RIDDICK%20CS.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFTs59jwvYw&amp;t=4s

Sorry mate this build wont work where i come from :smile:

You need deadric mines and streak or stam builds will bust your butt.

I guess you can't read, as I use both

Minalan wrote: »
    I love this DW build, but the burst window is too small. If the target survives the 15 second alchemist window they're golden. Only other issue is that I wouldn't use a pet personally for any reason, but that's me.

DW is great, but I've been having a monster of a time with dual wield and tanky DK's and templars. To the point of losing fights. Twice now I've streaked off, Switched back to a staff setup, then went back and kicked their asses. Badly. The burst is great but sometimes I really really need the sustained damage.

What does the prismatic weapon glyph do for your spells? I thought you had to light attack for it to take effect.

I'm still at like 3.7k damage when alchemist is down, alchemist is up a lot aswell and I understand a lot of people don't like the set, but for me it works wonders.

As for the more thanks builds, you're right you have to time that burst perfectly. This is where alchemist come and in handy cause the damage when fully buffed is enough to take most things down. I get my sustained damage from the Familiar that thing can hit like 5k a pulse. I have been thinking of trying to work daedric tomb over mines but it might not work.

Prismatic glyphs do nothing for my spells, I like to try and stay pretty close and light attack with the swords for ulti gain invetween abilites, plus it's easy when facing a stamina character. Also use Dawnbreaker so need to be close anyway in duels. If my oppononent isn't a vampire I can just add poison to the swords.
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemist is one of those sets that you can't truly appreciate until you use it. I trashed it for quite a while before I finally gave in and put it into a build... and now I use it any time I want serious burst damage. I always use it in a back-bar configuration so I don't really lose much vs a different set while it's down. It's just a useless 5-set on my buff-bar during that time. Lich is also a good set for this purpose if you want sustain instead of damage. The 4-piece is great for just about any build. I need the health from either Alchemist or healthy jewelry these days to deal with the high burst damage out there.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not talking about 1v1. Btw are you saying that you have more than 61k magicka outside of IC? What's the point of even running Imperial Physique then? The only reason that set is any good is because of the massive boosts to stats, nothing else. Duels are very superficial. They can show a player's abilities for sure, but they don't reflect open world PvP at all. For a sorc 1v1 though its fine, but its a strange way to judge a whole set-up. Destro can beat dual wield, just like dual wield can beat destro. Sustained pressure in a sorc v sorc fight doesn't really matter because you always only get a small window for burst, that's when the shields are down. Dual wield burst > destro burst any day of the week at any time.
    You speak like its a general rule that destro just always beats dual wield. But when you say you've smoked every single player using dual wield, was that player on the same skill level as you? Was he built as well as you are? Tons of factors come in.

What are the downsides that outweigh the benefits? Sustained pressure with Force Pulse? Here's the thing... Puncturing Sweeps, Swallow Soul or Flame Lash are great spammable abilities because they have secondary effects. Take Swallow Soul for example, its dirt cheap to cast, gives you a HoT and gives you Minor Vitality. Force Pulse does more damage than Swallow Soul and the only reason its used in non Hard Mode trials is the fact that its procs Elemental Drain twice (crit hit and non-crit), it is empowered by Engulfing Flames (every group has a DK) and it has a higher chance to proc Grothdarr, Ilambris (or Nerien'eth for those still using it) as well as sets like Scathing Mage. So in serious PvE content, Force Pulse is a monster of a spammable ability. In PvP?... Well its expensive and it doesn't really do anything interesting aside from the interrupt should you chose that morph, but at that point you're losing damage.
    Dual Wield? It gives you an gear extra slot (essentially meaning more max magicka). It gives you a great amount of spell damage, not that its as crucial as magicka, but still the damage difference is easily noticeable. It gives you a 5% increase in overall damage done. It helps with you stamina sustain (for those struggling) as a fully charged heavy attack restores around 2k stamina. It allows you to equip an extra enchant, although at first it seems like its not important. I quite like having the disease enchant is a great way for getting Minor Defile and it has a 40% chance to proc. Debuffing healing on a sorcerer is pretty deadly and on the other sword I like having the reduce weapon damage enchant. When you get gap closed, you can always apply your shields and swing your swords a few times. You can still weave against a melee target in open world PvP, in fact, you should weave even with swords as it makes animation canceling quicker and more effective, as well as applying debuffs. So the final two advantages of dual wielding aren't exactly game changers. But the first 3 are. The difference in damage is huge (around 50% more damage on the big hitters).
    So sustained pressure isn't really that great considering you're weakening your burst as a sorcerer. At this point it a choice you have to make. Higher sustained pressure or higher burst? In open world, burst definitely matters more, there's no debate around that. In a duel? Well... Yeah in my normal PvP set-up, I'm having a hard time taking down tanky templars or DKs. If I built myself for a duel, meaning dropping the Lich, getting more max magicka (and getting sustain from elsewhere), I think the outcome would be different. I have placed a "1 shot" combo doing over 30k damage more than once against some really tanky DKs (Curse, Fury, Shooting Star, Streak, Frags, Fury). Templars with Purifying Ritual are much much harder to kill because they entirely negate half of your burst, unless they make a mistake and forget, which will definitely get them killed. Sure its all based on lucky crits, but its doable. Thats against tanks with 30k wish health. Anything above that, and you might as well just not waste your time trying to kill them with dual wield.

Totally agree on the 1vX part, but I thought everyone knew that already! You can't 1vX against good players.

PS: Really? Destro ultimate underpowered? Even in trials no one uses meteor anymore because this thing is just so brutal. So I don't know how you can consider it underpowered. It has reasonable cost for its damage. Especially knowing that its so easy to wipe zergs with it that you gotta get ten killing blows for it do be up again. In duels, yeah it sucks, I can usually just stand in it, tea bagging the sorc while shielding up and placing my burst (don't say they are bad sorcs, they all run the meta build with Spinner's and Lich! :trollface: ). One of the only times I actually had to Streak out of it was against @psychotic13 with his Alchemist proc. Cause THAT really hurts.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You go four piece necropotence instead of five, then you slot aegis and mage light instead of stupid pets. Then got a monster piece with a spell damage bonus or something for the fifth piece.

Wa-la. No more dead pets.

I agree on the ultimate gain on a dual wield. The reason you don't gain ult is that you're not spamming a bunch of crappy low damage skills.

Instead. You're two and three-shotting people, and for some reason you get almost no ult for hitting someone with an 18K frag.

Good players ARE harder to fight on a dual wield. But lets be honest. Stam players are so used to ignoring wimpy 3-4K frags and 2K force pulses from terrible meta sorc staff builds, they're shocked when they're on their back from a 12K frag crit and then curse explodes for 10K.

I got called a hacker yesterday. I've been reported to ZOS for using a build like the one posted above.

I'm actually okay with my ultimate gain personally... As long as you weave light resto attacks while shielding up, you should be fine on ultimate gain. Shooting Star instead of Ice Comet helps.

You're right about that last part btw lol

Tanky DKs are okay because they can't out heal a one-shot combo. You just really have to get lucky on the crits and CC them quickly after the meteor.
    Tanky templars are terrible because they can prevent your one-shot combo with Purify.

Btw best way to catch someone off guard is after a roll dodge. There's are really small window where you can't do anything after a dodge roll, no blocking, no using skills. Try to make them dodge roll and as they do it, drop Shooting Star. They can't block the Streak straight afterwards, so they get CC and you land your ultimate followed up my Frags which is empowered by your ultimate. Now that's beautiful.

Prismatic glyphs crit for around 4-5k on vampires, so when you do light attack it adds some okayish damage.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm actually okay with my ultimate gain personally... As long as you weave light resto attacks while shielding up, you should be fine on ultimate gain.

Ah.. hm, maybe I should try that - would mean a big change to the way I play though. I started sorc after the shield duration nerf - so I've always ran with having one on the front bar - and another in the same slot in the back bar and tend to stay on the front bar, regularly refreshing hardened only - and only switch to the back bar when under pressure and I need to stack (using bar swap ani cancelling). I tend to re-cast hardened a lot - probably too often - but it does proc infernal, so its still kind of offensive. My back bar is currently more for utility so if I'm attacking from there, I'm usually not doing much else.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm actually okay with my ultimate gain personally... As long as you weave light resto attacks while shielding up, you should be fine on ultimate gain.

Ah.. hm, maybe I should try that - would mean a big change to the way I play though. I started sorc after the shield duration nerf - so I've always ran with having one on the front bar - and another in the same slot in the back bar and tend to stay on the front bar, regularly refreshing hardened only - and only switch to the back bar when under pressure and I need to stack (using bar swap ani cancelling). I tend to re-cast hardened a lot - probably too often - but it does proc infernal, so its still kind of offensive. My back bar is currently more for utility so if I'm attacking from there, I'm usually not doing much else.

I shield the same way, but I have curse on the back bar so I throw in a light attack every few seconds when I apply this
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went back to staff build last night, and then went on a one man Templar hunting spree. It felt good. Real good.

DW is just so frustratingly ineffective against sword and board blocking reflect-ultimate heal-tanks it isn't funny.

Options
  • LuckyLuciano
    LuckyLuciano
    ✭✭
    nevermind
    Edited by LuckyLuciano on December 13, 2016 4:49PM
    "i drink and i know things"
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also tried combat prayer over encase for the 8% damage, the tankier players are harder to kill but with alchemist proc'd and everything perfectly time you'll kill most things
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not talking about 1v1. Btw are you saying that you have more than 61k magicka outside of IC? What's the point of even running Imperial Physique then? The only reason that set is any good is because of the massive boosts to stats, nothing else. Duels are very superficial. They can show a player's abilities for sure, but they don't reflect open world PvP at all. For a sorc 1v1 though its fine, but its a strange way to judge a whole set-up. Destro can beat dual wield, just like dual wield can beat destro. Sustained pressure in a sorc v sorc fight doesn't really matter because you always only get a small window for burst, that's when the shields are down. Dual wield burst > destro burst any day of the week at any time.
    You speak like its a general rule that destro just always beats dual wield. But when you say you've smoked every single player using dual wield, was that player on the same skill level as you? Was he built as well as you are? Tons of factors come in.

What are the downsides that outweigh the benefits? Sustained pressure with Force Pulse? Here's the thing... Puncturing Sweeps, Swallow Soul or Flame Lash are great spammable abilities because they have secondary effects. Take Swallow Soul for example, its dirt cheap to cast, gives you a HoT and gives you Minor Vitality. Force Pulse does more damage than Swallow Soul and the only reason its used in non Hard Mode trials is the fact that its procs Elemental Drain twice (crit hit and non-crit), it is empowered by Engulfing Flames (every group has a DK) and it has a higher chance to proc Grothdarr, Ilambris (or Nerien'eth for those still using it) as well as sets like Scathing Mage. So in serious PvE content, Force Pulse is a monster of a spammable ability. In PvP?... Well its expensive and it doesn't really do anything interesting aside from the interrupt should you chose that morph, but at that point you're losing damage.
    Dual Wield? It gives you an gear extra slot (essentially meaning more max magicka). It gives you a great amount of spell damage, not that its as crucial as magicka, but still the damage difference is easily noticeable. It gives you a 5% increase in overall damage done. It helps with you stamina sustain (for those struggling) as a fully charged heavy attack restores around 2k stamina. It allows you to equip an extra enchant, although at first it seems like its not important. I quite like having the disease enchant is a great way for getting Minor Defile and it has a 40% chance to proc. Debuffing healing on a sorcerer is pretty deadly and on the other sword I like having the reduce weapon damage enchant. When you get gap closed, you can always apply your shields and swing your swords a few times. You can still weave against a melee target in open world PvP, in fact, you should weave even with swords as it makes animation canceling quicker and more effective, as well as applying debuffs. So the final two advantages of dual wielding aren't exactly game changers. But the first 3 are. The difference in damage is huge (around 50% more damage on the big hitters).
    So sustained pressure isn't really that great considering you're weakening your burst as a sorcerer. At this point it a choice you have to make. Higher sustained pressure or higher burst? In open world, burst definitely matters more, there's no debate around that. In a duel? Well... Yeah in my normal PvP set-up, I'm having a hard time taking down tanky templars or DKs. If I built myself for a duel, meaning dropping the Lich, getting more max magicka (and getting sustain from elsewhere), I think the outcome would be different. I have placed a "1 shot" combo doing over 30k damage more than once against some really tanky DKs (Curse, Fury, Shooting Star, Streak, Frags, Fury). Templars with Purifying Ritual are much much harder to kill because they entirely negate half of your burst, unless they make a mistake and forget, which will definitely get them killed. Sure its all based on lucky crits, but its doable. Thats against tanks with 30k wish health. Anything above that, and you might as well just not waste your time trying to kill them with dual wield.

Totally agree on the 1vX part, but I thought everyone knew that already! You can't 1vX against good players.

PS: Really? Destro ultimate underpowered? Even in trials no one uses meteor anymore because this thing is just so brutal. So I don't know how you can consider it underpowered. It has reasonable cost for its damage. Especially knowing that its so easy to wipe zergs with it that you gotta get ten killing blows for it do be up again. In duels, yeah it sucks, I can usually just stand in it, tea bagging the sorc while shielding up and placing my burst (don't say they are bad sorcs, they all run the meta build with Spinner's and Lich! :trollface: ). One of the only times I actually had to Streak out of it was against @psychotic13 with his Alchemist proc. Cause THAT really hurts.

No, but Imperial Physiques Magicka is fake, it's not really there.
    There is a bug where your ressources desync when you swap weapons, but it's not really there.
    I actually only have 53k magicka in these videos, where outside of IC I have 55k, because I simply use different food and master weapons.

And dual wield is not viable for Magicka Sorcs. it's not better than destro in any situation. Seriously, you play dual wield because you are tired of force shock spam and want to tell yourself the illusion, that crystal shard and curse is good burst.
    The extra damage from dual wield and especially the extra set piece is a huge benefit. And don't get me wrong, destro staff is a horrible weapon line, dual wield is better for other classes. But simply not for Sorcerers, because we are the only class without a spammable ability that deals enough damage.

And pleeeease stop. No half decent player receives a Sorcerer burst combo these days, just no. Everyone blocks meteor and people are way too tanky to die from crystal shard and curse alone.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but Imperial Physiques Magicka is fake, it's not really there.
    There is a bug where your ressources desync when you swap weapons, but it's not really there.
    I actually only have 53k magicka in these videos, where outside of IC I have 55k, because I simply use different food and master weapons.

And dual wield is not viable for Magicka Sorcs. it's not better than destro in any situation. Seriously, you play dual wield because you are tired of force shock spam and want to tell yourself the illusion, that crystal shard and curse is good burst.
    The extra damage from dual wield and especially the extra set piece is a huge benefit. And don't get me wrong, destro staff is a horrible weapon line, dual wield is better for other classes. But simply not for Sorcerers, because we are the only class without a spammable ability that deals enough damage.

And pleeeease stop. No half decent player receives a Sorcerer burst combo these days, just no. Everyone blocks meteor and people are way too tanky to die from crystal shard and curse alone.

All you do is moan, I'll play how I want if I feel its optimal for me. Just like you use Destro cause you feel it's optimal for you, just shut up.
    Edited by psychotic13 on December 14, 2016 7:55PM
    Options