The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any addon warning when NB shadow disguise is ending?

ChaosWotan
ChaosWotan
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there an addon which gives a warning a (half) second before the NB's shadowy disguise (invisibility) ends? By default one only sees a kind of black smoke surrounding the toon right before shadowy disguise ends, but in combat it can be difficult to see that, so it would be nice to have an audible warning or a much more visible warning right before this skill ends. Any addon which provides that?

Edited by ChaosWotan on December 10, 2016 1:14PM
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably buff timers would work but you'll have to set it up manually
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, every buff tracker addon should show the remaining duration of cloak.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can cast 1 skill in between if you want to reapply while still hidden
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should become second nature for any NB, magicka or stamina alike.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    It should become second nature for any NB, magicka or stamina alike.

this, I became incredibly proficient at counting its duration in my head, it was just muscle memory.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree that it should become second nature, but I keep spamming it too often, and deplete mana too quickly as a stam NB, so it would be convenient to have an addon like Combat Cloud which has a warning pop up in the middle of the screen each time you are low on health, stam and mana, but also when the NB shadow disguise is about to end.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the addon BuffTimers for that purpose. It shows timers for configurable buffs, show a message and play a sound when it's about to run out.

I'm not sure how useful that'd be for Shadow Cloak though, since that only lasts for less than 3 seconds.
    Edited by Loc2262 on December 10, 2016 3:43PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Count to 3
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosWotan wrote: »
    Is there an addon which gives a warning a (half) second before the NB's shadowy disguise (invisibility) ends? By default one only sees a kind of black smoke surrounding the toon right before shadowy disguise ends, but in combat it can be difficult to see that, so it would be nice to have an audible warning or a much more visible warning right before this skill ends. Any addon which provides that?

not that i know of, but its not that hard to count to 2s is it?
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very easy skill to self count.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Addons are useful to remind you about the longer buffs and DOTs specially if you have 5 or 6 of them going but for a 3s skill? :o
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker works pretty well:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info655-Srendarr-AuraBuffDebuffTracker.html
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's precisely why it's 3 sec that I want the warning, so that I dont deplete my very low mana if using the skill too often in a duel.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChaosWotan

Just go practice for like 10 mins and get the timing down
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's precisely why it's 3 sec that I want the warning, so that I dont deplete my very low mana if using the skill too often in a duel.

Lol really....you can cast it 3 times...then you're put of magika if you run stamina. Magblade infinite.

Christ the incapability of some players. ..I need a warning every 3s...please don't ever use any kind of machinery in your life.. .or drive for that matter. Amber to red is less than 3s.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree that it should become second nature, but I keep spamming it too often, and deplete mana too quickly as a stam NB, so it would be convenient to have an addon like Combat Cloud which has a warning pop up in the middle of the screen each time you are low on health, stam and mana, but also when the NB shadow disguise is about to end.

CP magic cost reductions and two light with five medium. Goes a long way when you use a lot of magic on your stamina build.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger

"Christ the incapability of some players"

Well, if one has the capacity to realise that people are different - especially in a liberal society (if that is worth anything, but at least ESO is built on liberality and tolerance, like it or not) - then one might understand that my question is not different from those who use an addon which tells them when they are low on health. It's a convenience, in a game, not in real life. So from that viewpoint it's no reason to get upset at those who play an inconsquential game differently from yourself.

With a warning it might be possible to use shadowy disguise 4 instead of 3 times, with the same amount of mana, without using much or any CP on mana regen. Since there are addons which give all kinds of warnings it makes sense to ask if some of them also give a clear signal when shadowy disguise ends. If there is no such addon, then just say it, and leave it at that. End of discussion.

Edited by ChaosWotan on December 11, 2016 9:24AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have an "addon" of sorts. Its tells me when the skill is about to expire.

It gives me a three second warning more or less, so i can get 1-2 sometimes 3 other clicks off before recasting.

Its called the shadow disguise key.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will assume you misread my last post, since it was not about how often one can use other skills during the 3 sec that shadowy disguise lasts. Edited my post to make that clearer.

If you did not misread, then your post is not informative, because I was asking if there is an addon which gives a better warning than the one seen when using the shadow disguise key.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the point i was trying to make is that your claim is incorrect.

You claim "one might understand that my question is not different from those who use an addon which tells them when they are low on health. "

The useful addons for health warnings i have seen do not notify you when your health runs out... the game does that when the recap screen for dead starts to apoear.

You are asking for an addon to inform you when your visibly in effect shadow ends.

Second all the health slert addons dont wait until s, 2s or even 3s close to death, barring massive kilk shot, they give you several seconds of alert starting at a substantial threshold, some may allow you to set threshold at 50% or whatever.

That means you have time.

With a 3s run time total even a second by second countdown would be next to useless.

But that ssid, as a visually impaired individual, i can see a need for any number of "higher contrast" options for visible effects.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "But that ssid, as a visually impaired individual, i can see a need for any number of "higher contrast" options for visible effects."

That's my point, if there was a very clear visual indication 0.25 sec before the shadowy disguise ended, one would know exactly when to renew it.