Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Making legendary glyph for purple gear

Prof_Bawbag
Prof_Bawbag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi, I've crafted myself a set of purple armour and I'd like to know if it's a case of purple glyphs for purple gear or if I were to attach a legendary glyph to the aforementioned gear that the stats would rise if I decided to up my purple gear to yellow at a later date? I don't want to go wasting a legendary tri glyph on purple gear if it doesn't scale if i increase gear quality at a later date.
Edited by Prof_Bawbag on December 8, 2016 12:20PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can put a Gold Glyph on purple gear, and then if you improve the gear to gold the Glyph will remain.

Dropped sets, you don't need to upgrade the enchant, when you take it from Purple to Gold, the Glyph auto scales, saves a Kuta :) that's dropped sets only.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, thanks for the answer. I knew it wouldn't get destroyed, but I'm pretty sure whenever I've attached a legendary glyph to a purple craft piece, the values of that glyph have decreased to reflect that it isn't legendary gear I've put it on. That was so long ago maybe I'm just imaging that happened. Because it's a tri glyph I'm attaching to 3 pieces, I didn't want to waste those glyphs if that is indeed what happened unless they automatically increased as and when I improved my gear to legendary. hope that makes sense.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the values of that glyph have decreased to reflect that it isn't legendary gear I've put it on. That was so long ago maybe I'm just imaging that happened.

When you put a Glyph on a Small Piece (Feet, Hands, Shoulders Waist) you only get 40% of the Glyphs Value. On the Larger Pieces (Chest, Legs, Head and Shield) you get 100%. Of course, the Infused Trait has an impact on this, with that impact being driven by the level of improvement of the item.

Which is why I tend to not use Kuta's on the Glyphs I am putting on the small pieces, but then I realize that I don't need every single stat maxed to the nth degree on every piece of gear.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's probably what happened. Sure I was fair pleased with myself making my first legendary glyph for X amount of magic only to see it hit the same dizzy heights I'd have expected from a green glyph. Never did it again. :D
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I ask here and don't create additional thread, what will happen if I enchant purple jewelry with golden glyph?
    Is it worth or better use purple glyph on purple jewelry?
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glyphquality is independent from armourquality. You can put a goldglyph on a White armourpiece and get the same enchantstrength as if u put it on a legendary armour.
    Edited by Glamdring on December 11, 2016 2:57PM
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Glamdring