Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is craglorn solo-able now?

CheepsNSalsa
CheepsNSalsa
✭✭✭✭
No more quests that require other players?

Best Answer

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's entirely solo-able with the exception of Dragonstar Arena and the 12 man trial of course.
    Edited by Solariken on December 4, 2016 10:20PM
    Answer ✓
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great, thanks!
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World boss you're best to wait for other people to come by and help.
    Pc na
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about World Bosses, I failed to solo them.
    Other content, including Group Dungeons, is solo-able. Though it may be pretty hard at some points :)
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »
    Not sure about World Bosses, I failed to solo them.
    Other content, including Group Dungeons, is solo-able. Though it may be pretty hard at some points :)

I haven't attempted to solo them all but have soloed several, which leads me to believe all can be.
  • Yo_Donno
    Yo_Donno
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Yes, it's entirely solo-able with the exception of Dragonstar Arena and the 12 man trial of course.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure you still need at least 3 players to complete spellscar. One person has to carry each element and release at the same time, which is distressing because they DID say they were building a solo friendly craglorn and a lot of the content still has quest objectives that you NEED more than 1 person to complete.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yo_Donno wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure you still need at least 3 players to complete spellscar. One person has to carry each element and release at the same time, which is distressing because they DID say they were building a solo friendly craglorn and a lot of the content still has quest objectives that you NEED more than 1 person to complete.

Nope I actually just did that solo on my sorc a week or so ago. You are able to open the door yourself after collecting the 3 infusions and the instanced part is easy as pie.
  • MissKiwiana
    MissKiwiana
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to do some of Craglorn yesterday on my main. She is a sorcerer wearing mostly purples and a gold staff cloth wearer and I struggled. I did one delve which was easy but every other delve I tried I couldn't even get past the first trash pack. I died so much I almost teared up if I be honest, I left the zone as it was to difficult for me to solo.

I doubt I will go back on her any time soon.

@Solariken I would like to know your build and CP level and even gear sets etc as I really struggled my pets died so fast they were no help to me at all and I rely on them to help keep aggro and for heals when they die I also die soon thereafter.

So I would like to know how to do Craglorn and survive because I can't solo @ current CP level 279

PC Platform all the way! Windows 10.
    Guilds I belong to: Lone Wolf Help & The Conclave of Shadows.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can definitely solo it, they removed all the multi player mechanics.

For me, they made the content too easy. I've been doing it 540CP onwards and some of the delve bosses only have 100k HP. The area boss events doing have a million plus, and the Ank Ha ones are hard untill you get the mechanics but the quest line is 100% solo able and not too difficult.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to do some of Craglorn yesterday on my main. She is a sorcerer wearing mostly purples and a gold staff cloth wearer and I struggled. I did one delve which was easy but every other delve I tried I couldn't even get past the first trash pack. I died so much I almost teared up if I be honest, I left the zone as it was to difficult for me to solo.

I doubt I will go back on her any time soon.

@Solariken I would like to know your build and CP level and even gear sets etc as I really struggled my pets died so fast they were no help to me at all and I rely on them to help keep aggro and for heals when they die I also die soon thereafter.

So I would like to know how to do Craglorn and survive because I can't solo @ current CP level 279

Hang in there @MissKiwiana! It just takes practice and a lot of trial and error with your builds.

I'm CP capped (561) - my mSorc currently wears 5 Winterborn, 3 Willpower, 2 Iceheart, and vMA destro/resto.

I don't use any pets, mostly because I need the skill slots for other abilities. It's super important to keep Crit Surge and shields up or you will die for sure. Ground-based DOTs are the best - I use Blockade of Frost because I use a vMA staff but Lightning Flood is also excellent. Crushing Shock is also great for interrupting any casted abilities. Crystal Fragments is the bread and butter - it's great damage and passive healing especially on a crit. If sht is about to hit the fan, I just Streak through as many mobs as possible in one shot to give myself a couple seconds to recover. Magicka potions are also a must.

Bosses sometimes take a few tries to see all their mechanics and figure out how to counter them but most are actually easier than large trash packs.

It might help to watch some of the really great soloers here on the forum like @Vaoh and others.

But really it's just practice! Good luck!
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    I did solo about 85% of it......hard, but not to hard. I didn't try to solo the 4 man stuff, or the overworld bosses. I'm 66 and not good enough to do the superman stuff. 85% is most of the map......I thought it was fun and I'm glad they changed it. My build was a stam sorc.....561cp.
    Edited by flintstone on December 6, 2016 6:50PM
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I struggle with the delves and get one shotted by the world bosses but 'group areas' are fine as its just lots of mobs but spread out. You can pick you way through them.
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I remember the changes were:
    Craglorn main story quests changed so they could be completed solo
    Craglorn group content changed so that they could be completed by a duo

Craglorn still has content that you will want to team up with 1+ people to complete, unless you are capable of soloing difficult content.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flintstone wrote: »
    I'm 66 and not good enough to do the superman stuff.

It is good see a senior citizen playing this game. Hopefully I'll be doing the same thing at your age! Cheers!