The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Trade Allegiance] NA Crafting Guild - Traits and Deconstruction trading

gargaM0NK
gargaM0NK
GUILD PURPOSE:
The goal of the guild Trade Allegiance is to trade items amongst crafters, so that we will all have plenty of options for traits and deconstruction to improve our crafting skills.
All ranks have Guild Bank access so that all members can deposit items, and withdraw items other members have deposited for deconstruction. The Guild Store is also enabled and available.
We want to help each other learn as many traits as possible by crafting items that others can research.
For example, let's say that I can create a chestpiece with the "Sturdy" trait. I make one, toss it in the Guild Bank, and then withdrawn a weapon with a trait I want to research. Or, I may craft items to level my professions, and then deposit them for others to deconstruct. I'll then withdraw an equal amount from the guild bank to deconstruct for exp.
While there a several guilds that sell to each other, the purpose of this guild is to simply promote trade with like-minded players so that we can help each other!

TO JOIN: Message @D3ZTR0Y3RxPRx or @Prince_Sheogorath for an invite or post in this thread. All members will be given invite permissions as well, so that you can invite your friends.

RECOMMENDED MODS:
These by no means required for membership, just particularly helpful for crafting in ESO.
  • Minion - If you haven't already, we recommend installing Minion for finding, installing, and updating your ESO Mods.
  • AI Research Grid - Shows a handy grid displaying which traits you still need to research for each equipment crafting
  • Bank Manager Revived - A little slow to setup initially, but afterwards automates moving types of Gear, Style Traits, Equipment Traits, etc between characters.
  • Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter - Automates writ-crafting, as long as you have the materials in your bank / inventory
  • Potion Maker (for Alchemy Crafting) - Streamlines the Potion/Poison crafting interface to help you learn and craft specific (de/)buffs
  • Research Assistant - Shows which items have unresearched traits
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS:
  • Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking use the same motifs, but different research timers, and can safely be on the same character, if you can manage the inventory slots (or have the subscription craft bag)
  • If you have the Imperial Edition (or upgrade) consider making your Blacksmith / Clothier / Woodworker an Imperial, to save a $20K+ motif purchase later.
  • You may also want to have another character responsible for both Alchemy and Provisioning, and maybe even Enchanting as well, again assuming you can manage your inventory.
  • Don't forget to feed your horse! We recommend: Carry Capacity > Speed > Stamina; (And despite outdated guides, all horses have the same stats)
  • It's worth rushing the Hireling passive ability for any Crafting skill - they're the best source of Materials.
  • Conversely, the first passive for a crafting skill is related to which Material you'll need, so you can delay increasing it until your level is high enough to start finding a new type of raw material (ie. Oak instead of Maple).
  • Crafting Writs are an excellent source of crafting XP! Try to do them daily!
  • Each trait you research for a particular armor / weapon type increases future research times; Research desired traits early if you don't want to wait later.
  • Reduce research time by learning any 1 trait for every weapon / armor type before learning a second for each type
  • Late-game, because you can find specific Head + Shoulder sets, those slots are less valuable than the others for crafting.
  • The best way to find motifs / recipes is from certain types of containers, including: backpacks, heavy sacks, and (dwemer/) urns.
  • If you need to buy a trait / research item, check the guild merchants in Rawl'kha (Reapers March), which can be accessed by boat / caravan within the Aldmeri Dominion
Edited by gargaM0NK on February 27, 2017 2:18AM