Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

BiS Furniture?

NordSwordnBoard
NordSwordnBoard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I want to be able to invite people to have a seat on my Chokethorn sofa...

They can admire my chandelier of Cyrodiil's light in the foyer and hang their hat on my coat rack of the Footman. Admire the intricate molding as you pass under the Wilderqueen's Arch. That's right, those are genuine Hide of the Werewolf curtains covering the murder hole. You can touch them, it's OK!

Behold the dining table of the Para Bellum, where the Storm Knight's Plates sit until war plans are made. The tankards of Ysgramor's Birthright are rarely dry.

Let's proceed to the bedroom where you will find the memory foam bed of Stendarr's Embrace. Check out that lava lamp of the Netch's Touch!

Here's a new modern convenience: a room just for your private business, instead of doing that where you sleep - you can have privacy while you use the chamber pot of Overwhelming Surge. It can hold anything. Look up, and you will see a mirror on the medicine cabinet of the Skooma Smuggler. Just don't touch my stash of Stygian black lotus.

Hope you enjoyed the hypothetical tour! Feel free to add more ideas, lets have a fun thread for Fredas.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Use for Style Mats.

A Stahlrim Couch next to an Ancient Elf Divan with a Orcish Side Board to serve drinks from Nord tankards.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to be able to invite people to have a seat on my Chokethorn sofa...

I was just thinking about this functionality. At launch, all those weapon racks and table food were not interactive. This changed in a later update, and later still it was incorporated into the justice sytem.

Will all those chairs and furniture around the world become usable in the housing update? And will it be a crime to take a nap on the king's bed?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the memory foam bed of Stendarr's Embrace.

wow, you got me with this one!!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still want a bed of Kagrenac's Hope that will help me get up 25% faster in the morning.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty stoked to show of my armoire of Veiled Heritence that I got from my grandmother a few years ago :wink:
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if furniture will have its own researchable traits and styles... Imagine thousands of players traipsing around Tamriel's houses and inns checking for different pieces... 'Is that an Akaviri Potentate reinforced chest of drawers? Yes, it is, but I was actually looking for a Tribunal ornate chair'...
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    come over and take a hot bath in my spider leg bathtub and don't let the Daedric candlesticks scare you
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    come over and take a hot bath in my spider leg bathtub and don't let the Daedric candlesticks scare you

Ah yes! Selene's Tub! Many know the cozy feeling of being cocooned in warmth and silkiness, but few are aware they can get it at home instead of a dungeon!

Don't be fooled by competitors pushing nirnhoned traits for your furniture - sharpened is far more functional in this meta, and costs far less.

Prosperous furniture increases the gold found in between the cushions by 8%, and is the only practical use for that trait.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you've upgraded it all to gold. Nobodies going to want to sit on any white furiture
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aldriq wrote: »
    I wonder if furniture will have its own researchable traits and styles... Imagine thousands of players traipsing around Tamriel's houses and inns checking for different pieces... 'Is that an Akaviri Potentate reinforced chest of drawers? Yes, it is, but I was actually looking for a Tribunal ornate chair'...

fasallas armchair. while sitting in this chair all who annoy you suffer a 100% healing 100% damage negate for 10s (refreshes anytime they further annoy you) as well buffs any enemies within 40m of the source of the annoyance with 50,000 spell and physical penetration and 100% damage boost.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they dont offer a trophy rack of some sort for my monster helms, I want to be able to make them into furniture. Ugly, uncomfortable, furniture.

Also, hiring a house minstrel should be an option. There's a gold sink! They could only be found at inns and wandering roads; you have rng for the instrument, singer gender, and race.

Not to be bought or owned, the bards get restless and leave after staying a week or two. Sometimes taking your best silverware and any loose change with them.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be fooled by competitors pushing nirnhoned traits for your furniture - sharpened is far more functional in this meta, and costs far less.

Prosperous furniture increases the gold found in between the cushions by 8%, and is the only practical use for that trait.

I am using sharpened cushions on my prosperous sofas. The visitors will cut themselves on the cushions while looking for lost coins! BWAHAHAA! Also, training trait on my fire place will help when I am learning to cook, although the experimental food tastes 15% worse than usual.
    At the end of the day I'll go to sleep on my reinforced bed of imperium that gives increased resistance against bed bugs and shields me against boogeymen living underneath it.
    Edited by Sinolai on December 10, 2016 8:55PM