Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Balance Nirncrux?

NordSwordnBoard
NordSwordnBoard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The current quality you get from nirnhoned in no way matches its rarity. I'm not looking for a nerf to sharpened, but a reworking of nirn to make it worth its scarcity. This could be a buff or different reworking of the trait. Do you think it should be changed?

Edited by NordSwordnBoard on December 1, 2016 12:26AM
Fear is the Mindkiller

Balance Nirncrux? 28 votes

Leave Nirnhoned alone'd
17%
AkrasjelCalidus1 DankstaSTEVILakl77 5 votes
Rework Nirnhoned to be equal to or greater than sharpened/defending
82%
UbungElara_Northwindthomas1970b16_ESOUntrustedExistenzEdziuTaleof2CitiesVyle_ByteMinalanagegartonBouldercleaveSinnyLeeYinmaigaobryanhaasjelliclesBomblePantsMattT1988disintegr8NordSwordnBoardManDraKEDread_Viking 23 votes
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if it is the only solution, personally I'd like to see a review of the crafting skills and traits to entice more people into leveling them up and a give a some more incentive to become a 9 trait crafter.

I do agree that Nirnhoned has lost it's appeal as a trait and they might as well make nirncrux drop as frequently as every other trait stone if they don't make the reward match the rarity.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhorned gear should quite frankly provide a greater bonus than sharpened (and sharpened should be nerfed from 8% damage increase to 3.5%). For a number of reasons.

1. It's limited to crafted gear.
    2. Crafted sets are on average less valuable than most dropped sets, yet take far more time for the creator to be able to craft.
    3. Nirncrux is rare and pricey. Nirn gear doesn't even outperform Precise, yet it is several times harder to acquire/rarer.
    4. Nirnhorned gear is dependent on an economy and trade to create, encouraging player interaction.

Right now the only point to nirnhorned gear is to get your 9th trait bonus. That's it. Saddening.
    Edited by Jamini on December 1, 2016 5:12PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leave Nirnhoned alone'd
    I don't like calling for nerfs, but sharpened could probably use one. It is the top trait in just about every scenario for DPS, mostly by a significant margin. Even non-set weapons in sharpened outperform Maelstrom weapons in precise.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the rarity of nirncrux it should give much more damage than it currently does. I would like to see them slightly buff it check out the results then a few months later slightly buff again. It seems we go from one extreme to the other, a more sensible approach should be smaller changes then hopefully we will get to a better balance overall.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured