The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant download version 1.19 on PS4 plz help

XGhostface521X
What to do cant download version 1.19
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Won't download for me either
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • iirainbow_dash
    Mine keeps stopping at prepare screen and stop downloading completely. :/
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine keeps stopping at prepare screen and stop downloading completely. :/

I had that issue too. I had to pause the download and then restart it a few times -- that got it to progress past the preparing phase. It downloaded fine after that point.
  • XGhostface521X
    Mine stops at prepare so i cant pause and restart
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience was very odd downloading this patch on my normal PS4.

It first got stuck at 10% "Preparing to Download". In truth, it had continued with the process but no longer displayed it on the progress bar.

Strangely this update (~900MB) was listed at ~40GB. When it was around 80%, the progress bar finally updated. After numerous cancel/restart download and pause/resume download, the space estimation dropped to ~14GB.

As soon as it started downloading the actual patch, the space requirement corrected itself at ~900MB. It also was very buggy and I could only view progress by keeping my screen on the progress bar viewable by clicking on the ESO game app.

The whole process took longer than it should've. I cannot say exactly why it acted so strangely though many complaints have appeared about it.

Tagging @ZOS_GinaBruno so maybe the team could look into it. Not sure if it's on ZOS's part or Sony. Perhaps there is a workaround that works for everyone so players like the OP can get help?
    Edited by Vaoh on December 2, 2016 8:14AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine stops at prepare so i cant pause and restart

I was able to pause it during the preparation phase. Go to your Notifications tab and then scroll down to your active downloads. ESO should be there on the list, stating that it's preparing to download. Pause it and restart it.
    Edited by Aurielle on December 2, 2016 12:10PM
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    My experience was very odd downloading this patch on my normal PS4.

It first got stuck at 10% "Preparing to Download". In truth, it had continued with the process but no longer displayed it on the progress bar.

Strangely this update (~900MB) was listed at ~40GB. When it was around 80%, the progress bar finally updated. After numerous cancel/restart download and pause/resume download, the space estimation dropped to ~14GB.

As soon as it started downloading the actual patch, the space requirement corrected itself at ~900MB. It also was very buggy and I could only view progress by keeping my screen on the progress bar viewable by clicking on the ESO game app.

The whole process took longer than it should've. I cannot say exactly why it acted so strangely though many complaints have appeared about it.

Tagging @ZOS_GinaBruno so maybe the team could look into it. Not sure if it's on ZOS's part or Sony. Perhaps there is a workaround that works for everyone so players like the OP can get help?
    Nothing strange, it's differential download, so "prepare" state isn't stuck actually, it compares local data with server-side data.
  • XGhostface521X
    Its 3 days later and i still cant download patch and i kno bethesda or sony or who ever wont give a damn so i might as well quit - it sux
  • XGhostface521X
    @ZOS_GinaBruno plz fix patch i cant download it and im not only one
  • partzs
    partzs
    Check your hard drive space. Its a large download. If you dont have the space it will stall or fail.

Second if you have not changed your DNS server you are connecting to, I would change it to Googles primary and secondary( 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 secondary). ISP's ususally dont have the best DNS servers especially if your on comcast.