The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New patch won't download. Stuck at 32.45mb

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
So I downloaded the patch fine on my wife's ps4... but on my own the patch gets stuck at 32.45mb (I've restarted it several times).

It just will not make it past this point. I have 100gb space left on my ps4... so I know it's not a space issue. It just freezes. If I pause the download and restart it, it never ever makes it past the "preparing to download" screen. I've sat and waited for over an hour and got nothing.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the games way of telling me to quit playing? Because I'm sorely tempted now...
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine did the same thing. 1hour download on 1gb. I have great internet as well. I just restarted it a few times. Almost done downloading now.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Mine did the same thing. 1hour download on 1gb. I have great internet as well. I just restarted it a few times. Almost done downloading now.

The ONLY thing that kickstarted mine was loading up Gauntlet... odd... I forgot how much I loved this game though. :)
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have same problem i thought it be ready to download after preparing for over 30mins, i was wrong.
    This hobby is rather frustrating at times

Edit: pause and restart the update fixed it :)
    Edited by pattyLtd on November 30, 2016 6:44PM
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Pausing and restarting the update only makes mine prepare to download again..which is taking abnormally long as well
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prep to download originally took nearly 1 hour... which I find utterly disgusting - but I think what it's doing, is that it's trying to sync with the game data (which in itself is INSANE).

The size of the game has gotten way out of hand I must say... its far larger than any other PS4 game I've encountered... and double the size of most.
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    i've had the same issue looking at it from the download screen on ps hud but when i launched the game disc it push started the download .
    maybe this helps for future downloads ..
    Edited by DPG76 on November 30, 2016 7:40PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    59dfb673eecff38657d7175279013e.jpg

Maybe it's good to be stuck at 32.45MB - The total size is outrageous for a "patch" on PS4Pro. Holy cow...
    PS4NA
  • RagingDK
    RagingDK
    Soul Shriven
    I also got stuck at the 32.45mb mark. Launching the game push started the download. Thank you DPG76 for the info.
    Edited by RagingDK on November 30, 2016 10:56PM
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on pro, discs. Got stuck there, but after 15min or so it's through.
    Pc na
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    My download would freeze every few minutes. I would just power my console off for 15 seconds and restart. It would freeze for a few minutes, then download at a normal rate, then freeze again, then I would power it off again. I babysat my ps4 for about 20 minutes rinsing and repeating, but managed to get it installed by the end. Enjoy getting macro sliced by dungeon bosses.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neowit wrote: »
    My download would freeze every few minutes. I would just power my console off for 15 seconds and restart. It would freeze for a few minutes, then download at a normal rate, then freeze again, then I would power it off again. I babysat my ps4 for about 20 minutes rinsing and repeating, but managed to get it installed by the end. Enjoy getting macro sliced by dungeon bosses.

So... what did they do to dungeon bosses? I ask this because during Crypt of Hearts II on vet, the first boss was casting negate magic WAY too often. Every 20-30 seconds the cast would happen. I could even keep a refreshing path down for its full duration... let alone any ultimate.

Then on the boss you have to dodge roll out of the red circles, the party were dying like we were crossing over red circles - even though we were not.
  • XGhostface521X
    Mine doing same preparing 3% and then quits idk what to do and its rare to get help from ZOS or Bethesda
  • partzs
    partzs
    So there is a bug with how PSN downloads patches. What DNS server is your PSN using? If you change it to googles DNS server (8.8.8.8) and the secondary (8.8.4.4) Ill bet you it works :smiley:

One other thing to note if your hard drive does not have enough space to download the update it will either hang or not download at all. So make sure you have enough space.

EDITED: The part about drive space.
    Edited by partzs on December 5, 2016 5:12PM