The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Some Quality of Life Improvements

IronCrystal
IronCrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
Not a complaint thread, just a few things I think would make this game a lot nicer.

1. If I'm in the middle of creating a new character, it would be nice if it remembered the settings used when disconnecting. I had to recreate my character again because I was thinking of a name and it kicked me for afk.

2. If I'm in the middle of an instance with my group and the server disconnects me, if the instance still exists, please put me back in it when I reconnect.

3. Is there a reason bound armaments and the other versions of it have to be re-enabled every time? Why isn't it one of those "when slotted" abilities.

4. If I'm making a new character, please let me check if a name is available rather than having to do the final create button to see.

5. Not much of a problem for me because I'm on PC and have addons, but guild trader search feature is sorely lacking.

6. Be able to switch the order of your guilds around. It would be nice to be able to have a default guild that comes up in the bank first rather than just the first guild you ever joined. Also useful when I always have to change the guild when I press G. In addition, in the guild menu after pressing G, it would be nice to have the F hotkey like in the bank for switching guilds rather than meticulously clicking the little dropdown arrow.

7. Be able to select certain players that you care about logging in on your friends list. For instance, my close friends I like to know when they log in, but there's so many people on my friends list I get spammed with login notifications especially when people character swap a lot.

8. When a guild changes their MOTD, please tell me what changed as sometimes I can never tell.

9. When I get notifications of guildmates completing a trial, please tell me what guild they are in.

10. Some armor pieces and weapons come with glyphs. It would be nice to know what quality the glyph was that came with it. Not just with new items, but even for items that are glyphed in general. I now can tell by the numbers but sometimes it would be nice simply because different armors have different glyph potency levels.

That's all I can think of for now. Would make this game nicer rather than getting ticked by the small things.
Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
vHRC 157,030
vAA 138,287
vSO 153,393
vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a complaint thread, just a few things I think would make this game a lot nicer.

1. If I'm in the middle of creating a new character, it would be nice if it remembered the settings used when disconnecting. I had to recreate my character again because I was thinking of a name and it kicked me for afk.

They should do like EQ2 and allow you to save profiles.
    2. If I'm in the middle of an instance with my group and the server disconnects me, if the instance still exists, please put me back in it when I reconnect.

I thought it already did this? Or does it put you outside when you come back? I know you remain in group unless the party vote kicks. If its the former I'd right click and teleport in.

• BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another suggestion: A "mark as favorite" button you can tick on your weapons and armor that makes a piece unable to be deconstructed in the crafting screen. I'm so sick of having to flip between tabs to make sure I don't accidentally decon an item I'm saving for research.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Just change something while thinking of the name to prevent the time out.
    2. With 4man dungeons and trials there is a portal that brings the player to the last boss cleared. Great new feature.
    7. Most of those friends are in guilds so maybe remove some from your friends list.
    9. They could be in Multiple guilds. If their on your friends list it shows as friend rather than guild mate and it seems like they are probably in one or more of your guilds.
    10. This ones the easiet. The quality of the glyph is equal to the quality of the dropped gear. In many, if not all dropped gear the glyph increases quality when uograding quality of the armor. This does. It work with a glyph added to the gear.

The rest are ok though some wil probably never come as in the guild trader search.
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree they made the portal in a dungeon much nicer...but if I disconnect and the instance is still alive...don't respawn me back in Stormhaven...just put me in the dungeon.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riejael wrote: »

I thought it already did this? Or does it put you outside when you come back? I know you remain in group unless the party vote kicks. If its the former I'd right click and teleport in.

It used to be like this but bugs happened. Players could no longer replace people they kicked out if they disconnected during the dungeon and people who didn't leave group before logging out were not able to join new groups. They made the current system to prevent these bugs happening.
    Edited by Sinolai on November 30, 2016 9:32PM