The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hmm I thought you said you fixed this

pod88kk
pod88kk
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know in the patch notes it said that they fixed that annoying glitch where you would be in the middle of doing something but the game decides it's time to study what the different roles for a dungeon are, but I don't think you fixed it, I think you just changed it to weapon skills.
Are you telling me I need to study that too? I know that going into the skill line will stop it from happening but it shouldn't happen in the first place. Cmon guys you're better than that. I love this game, please don't make me leave it through frustration, but also don't take my love for granted. I've got a heartless girlfriend for that.
  • CovertDistress4
    CovertDistress4
    ✭✭✭
    Please elaborate... I'm not understanding what you're talking about...
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume OP is referring to the old UI bug where the roles would appear in the middle of your screen - there is a new version of that bug but this time with skills.

Just /reloadui
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    I assume OP is referring to the old UI bug where the roles would appear in the middle of your screen - there is a new version of that bug but this time with skills.

Just /reloadui

Which works but is a non-starter when it occurs in the Maelstrom Arena. Well, perhaps not a non-starter. I mean it probably works but I always get killed before I finish typing the command.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol in vMA, you'd get killed during the loading screen if you weren't killed before it.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    lol in vMA, you'd get killed during the loading screen if you weren't killed before it.

Well that, too, but for it to occur late in a vMA round is heartbreaking.

@ZOS_GinaBruno This last patch has been terrible for my game experience. What information can I provide to help resolve these problems?

ETA: I have submitted an in-game help request. Of course, the text limit makes an accurate description difficult, but I am willing to do whatever I can.
    Edited by jellicles on December 6, 2016 5:36AM
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    jellicles wrote: »
    WhiteMage wrote: »

Well that, too, but for it to occur late in a vMA round is heartbreaking.

@ZOS_GinaBruno This last patch has been terrible for my game experience. What information can I provide to help resolve these problems?

ETA: I have submitted an in-game help request. Of course, the text limit makes an accurate description difficult, but I am willing to do whatever I can.

I have already had the devs respond to this error from my in game complaint complete with a photo they insisted I took of my TV showing the issue.
    Their reply states "they have taken note of it and if there is a bug they will fix it, and I should keep checking update/patch notes".
    FFS
    This was happening last year also, and is ever so frustrating when trying to quickly change skills in say VMA or Pvp.
    Long handed exiting the skill menu EVERY time is the only solution at this time, as the quick exit ensures continuation every 6-10 seconds ad-finitum.

If that helps anyone.

Edited by Swindy on December 7, 2016 11:02AM
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I seem to get UI errors when I'm doing my crafting writs too, particularly the enchanting one & then the woodworking station wants me to make a do from ancestors silk :|
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »

Long handed exiting the skill menu EVERY time is the only solution at this time, as the quick exit ensures continuation every 6-10 seconds ad-finitum.

If that helps anyone.

@Swindy, by 'long handed' I take you to mean do not use the controller menu button (or, I assume, an 'ESC' on the desktop client), right? I have not tried that as a workaround, but will keep that in mind in my next gaming session. Escaping is faster, but I am happy to take another second or two to exit the menu system if I can avoid this awful defect. Whether or not it works, thank you for the suggestion.
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭

If that helps anyone.

@Swindy, by 'long handed' I take you to mean do not use the controller menu button (or, I assume, an 'ESC' on the desktop client), right? I have not tried that as a workaround, but will keep that in mind in my next gaming session. Escaping is faster, but I am happy to take another second or two to exit the menu system if I can avoid this awful defect. Whether or not it works, thank you for the suggestion.

Yes mate, that's exactly what I rather badly described.
    It is the only work around for now.

I've put over 9,000 hours into this game on XBox so far (pre-release Mac prior, and yes I'm retired with ill health) so if there's an XBox glitch, I find it, hence the devs and I communicate far too regularly.
    I'm not clever, just spend a lot of time finding ways around in game issues...sadly.
    Edited by Swindy on December 10, 2016 1:15AM
    II Swindy II

• Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    It's sad we have to find workarounds as a community. Just made a thread saying this. Though i guess that gives us incentive to interact. Otherwise u can solo everything..inc emp
    Edited by Kyye on December 15, 2016 5:21PM
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭

If that helps anyone.

I've put over 9,000 hours into this game on XBox so far (pre-release Mac prior, and yes I'm retired with ill health) so if there's an XBox glitch, I find it, hence the devs and I communicate far too regularly.
    I'm not clever, just spend a lot of time finding ways around in game issues...sadly.

@Swindy I thought I should take a minute to say thank you for the work around. Going out the 'long way' works if you do it the first time and as a work around if, like me, you are in the habit of using the short cut out of the menu system and then need to go back and appease the system when the defect manifests.

So good news and seasons greetings!
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭

If that helps anyone.

@Swindy I thought I should take a minute to say thank you for the work around. Going out the 'long way' works if you do it the first time and as a work around if, like me, you are in the habit of using the short cut out of the menu system and then need to go back and appease the system when the defect manifests.

So good news and seasons greetings!

Glad my countless hours of swearing at the little plastic box has a positive end benefit. :smile:

Kill well, & often.
    II Swindy II