Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Patch 1.19 File Size.

TheForgrim
TheForgrim
Soul Shriven
Patch notes say approx. 902MB file size. I got 17.415GB updates on all of my consoles. Game was up to date as of yesterday. Is this just me? Anyone else seeing large file size updates? =/
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Forgrim,

My patch was the stated 902Mb (PS4).
  • TheForgrim
    TheForgrim
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the response TruthSeeker. Not sure what my particular issue is then.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck resolving it.

I've got a problem with my visuals since selecting the new HDR option: all indoor areas are extremely dark :(
  • RagingDK
    RagingDK
    Soul Shriven
    I also had the 17.415GB download on my standard PS4.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me...

PS4 = ~900MB
    PS4Pro = ~40GB

That's going to put a serious dent in my ISP download limit for the month.
    PS4NA
  • DM_ESO
    DM_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    17.415 gb on my new PS4 slim. wtf?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DM_ESO wrote: »
    17.415 gb on my new PS4 slim. wtf?

Me too. :/ What gives? People on Reddit are saying that it may have something to do with some people patching the digital version of the game and others patching the disc version... That makes no sense, though. Surely the size of the update should be the same, regardless? Are patches always larger if you downloaded the game and didn't install from the disc? This is my first time patching the game since switching to PS4 about three weeks ago (I have the slim model), so I'll be a bit peeved if I have to re-purchase the game on disc just to get reasonable patch sizes...

Edit: perhaps the larger patch size is limited to PS4 Slim owners? I know it's a whopping 40GB for the Pro, so I guess it's possible that those of us on the Slim have a different patch size as well...
    Edited by Aurielle on November 30, 2016 9:47PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the physical copy (disc) and still got that 40GB download on my PS4Pro so I don't think that's it...
    PS4NA
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    I have the physical copy (disc) and still got that 40GB download on my PS4Pro so I don't think that's it...

Yeah... I'm thinking that the different patch sizes may be system-based. For those of you getting a 17GB update: are you playing the game on a PS4 Slim? And those of you on the PS4 Pro: are you all getting a 40GB update?
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    dotme wrote: »

Yeah... I'm thinking that the different patch sizes may be system-based. For those of you getting a 17GB update: are you playing the game on a PS4 Slim? And those of you on the PS4 Pro: are you all getting a 40GB update?

I'm on a standard PS4 and have the disc. Got the 902Mb.
  • RagingDK
    RagingDK
    Soul Shriven
    For me:

PS4 Standard (digital) = 17.415GB
    PS4 Pro (disc) = 902MB
    Edited by RagingDK on November 30, 2016 11:31PM
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on pro for weeks, discs, patch size is 902mb.
    If you have never downloaded the patch on your new pro, then 40+gb initially.
    Pc na
  • HrolleifTheUnbroken
    I have the standard ps4 and disc, 40gb. WTF?! It's going to take literal days to get back on
  • arexroat1
    arexroat1
    Soul Shriven
    Ps4 pro no disc 17.5 GB . hummm.. Played the game 12 hours ago.

• Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    Replug your router and redownload your game. We will assume the issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours.
    Edited by Neowit on December 1, 2016 5:46AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all a bit bizarre. Surely when you download/install and patch the game for the first time, all updates are installed? I thought it wasn't possible to play the game otherwise? It makes no sense why some of us are getting different patch sizes.
    I have the standard ps4 and disc, 40gb. WTF?! It's going to take literal days to get back on

This is the strangest of them all! I thought it was just PS4 Pro users who were getting the big patch... How long have you had your PS4? Is this your first time patching the game, or...?

• Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    I purchased and installed the digital PS4 download less than two weeks ago but haven't had the time to play it..

The initial download for my standard 1TB PS4 (not pro or slim) was approx 66 GB which I downloaded over two days.

I'm really not sure what determines the size of the PS4 download, but I have just turned on my PS4 and the Patch Version 1.19 file size is 10.108 GB.

So I guess for a new, full game digital download on standard PS4's the total is currently 70-80 GB.

Bye for now and have fun out there.
    Edited by Endek on December 3, 2016 6:35AM
  • XGhostface521X
    I kno a guy who read 40GB but once got goin it was knocked to 900 mb - icant even get mine to start downloading it quits once it says 3% preparing - i have no clue what to do its gonna suck if i have to stop playin bc of this - ZOS or sony or bethesda plz help
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    I kno a guy who read 40GB but once got goin it was knocked to 900 mb - icant even get mine to start downloading it quits once it says 3% preparing - i have no clue what to do its gonna suck if i have to stop playin bc of this - ZOS or sony or bethesda plz help

Hi Ghostface,

Is there sufficient space on your drive?
  • partzs
    partzs
    Hey all this is how PSN now does things. It will update what it needs to update. The pre check that it is doing before actually downloading is checking every file for the game. It then pulls all what does not match and updates it. This fix's corruption in the game so that you have a matching version as what was released. so the sizes will be different for people.
  • SuperPizzaSnacks
    SuperPizzaSnacks
    Soul Shriven
    I have the Original ps4 model, digital and roughly 27 GB of space and it says there is not enough room to download
  • MalohaGaming
    MalohaGaming
    Soul Shriven
    Here's a fun one. Downloaded the (digital) game last week on a regular 500GB PS4. Had 52GB of free space available to me, and download manager still said I didn't have enough room to download 1.19.

Do I really need the full games size in free space for every update? I ended up completely deleting the game and am now redownloading it just for a patch.
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Last week I also downloaded the full game onto a second PS4 for our family and the initial download was approximately 63 GB, not the same as our first PS4 at approximately 66 GB.

We downloaded the game over two days (started in the evening of day 1 and finished the next day, so approximately a day for each download based upon our internet resources.)

Then after the PS4 maintenance last week, there was an additional update for the newly installed PS4 of approximately 16 GB and for the one we installed 2 weeks ago, the update / patch was approximately 1 GB, so very different sizes for both PS4's.

Based on our experiences of downloading for two PS4's within the last 2 weeks, I would say you will need at least 80 GB of free disc space on your PS4 before starting the download.

Bye for now and have fun out there.