The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Changing the Quick slot key

Reivax
Reivax
✭✭✭✭
I waste a lot of potions in heat of combat because I guess I accidentally hit the Q key a lot when I being a spaz! .
I tried changing the Q button to be my middle mouse button, and that's great, but Q also still works.
is it hard coded and cannot be changed? Or am I changing the wrong key binding?
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can bind 2 buttons right click on Q and unbind and make sure its the first slot and not the 2nd
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bound my to the number 7 I just changed the Main Bind and then bound Q to Bash.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I have to rebind Q to something else?
    Binding MMB in that first column works, it uses the Quick-slotted item, but Q would still work.
    Thanks for your help!

Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    So I have to rebind Q to something else?
    Binding MMB in that first column works, it uses the Quick-slotted item, but Q would still work.
    Thanks for your help!

I don't know if you have to Bind Q to something else, but it seems that was what I had to do. I like using Q for Bash, in addition to the two mouse buttons. I also use 6 for my Ultimate as I like R for Sheath/Ready Weapon, so that is why QS are 7 on my keyboard.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NM, misread post.

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on November 30, 2016 8:32PM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
    Options