The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Atheric cipher drops?

Stopnaggin
Stopnaggin
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone on pc can give me an idea of the drops and confirmation on what constitutes "monsters"? Farmed about 5 hours yesterday no dust or cipher. I know it's rare but is it going to be whole motif book rare?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, I have been farming like there is no tomorrow since this dropped on the PC 2 to 3 weeks ago. I have spent hours running a dolmen pattern in one zone, hours running public dungeons, leveled a character to L40 in little over a day with nothing but chasing skyshards and doing public dungeons (almost no questing). I have complete dropped sets in Divines and Infused and Impenetrable. I have done me some mob farming.

Not to mention hoovering up every crafting node I can find, its going to take me hours to refine everything.

Not. One. Aether. Of. Any. Kind.

Your not going to get it today, or tomorrow, or anytime this week. You can forget about next week too. Have I discouraged you enough yet? I can go on if you want.

Now, that I have pummeled your expectations deep into the ground, covered them in concrete, built a skyscraper on top of that, imploded the skyscraper, them built a memorial to Hopes and Dreams on the Rubble of the skyscraper, you now have some realistic expectations about getting this stuff.

Oh, BTW, do you have an unlearned Ambrosia Recipe? Your going to need that too.

Happy Farming.
    Edited by Nestor on November 30, 2016 10:34PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop rate is approximately 1:1,000,000 judging from how many I've heard of actually existing. Anecdotal evidence I know, but I don't feel like that number is that far off.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, just love Nestor's description, that's pretty much it !

@Stopnaggin , we asked the same question. On the german forum, Kai gave a clear answer as to what "monsters" are : anything who is naturally hostile to us, humanoid or not. That means, justice victims who turn hostile once attacked by us do not count.

To be sure, we asked if "overland" vs. "delves or "dungeons" made a difference but got no clear answer on that. We simply assume it's everywhere.

Also be careful, the drops are only in base-game zones - Cyrodiil excepted.

On a side note, ZOS said they increased the drop rate, but we don't know by how much, and a multiplier of anything that was already close to zero might still be quite close to zero.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 30, 2016 10:40PM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Dude, I have been farming like there is no tomorrow since this dropped on the PC 2 to 3 weeks ago. I have spent hours running a dolmen pattern in one zone, hours running public dungeons, leveled a character to L40 in little over a day with nothing but chasing skyshards and doing public dungeons (almost no questing). I have complete dropped sets in Divines and Infused and Impenetrable. I have done me some mob farming.

Not to mention hoovering up every crafting node I can find, its going to take me hours to refine everything.

Not. One. Aether. Of. Any. Kind.

Your not going to get it today, or tomorrow, or anytime this week. You can forget about next week too. Have I discouraged you enough yet? I can go on if you want.

Now, that I have pummeled your expectations deep into the ground, covered them in concrete, built a skyscraper on top of that, imploded the skyscraper, them built a memorial to Hopes and Dreams on the Rubble of the skyscraper, you now have some realistic expectations about getting this stuff.

Oh, BTW, do you have an unlearned Ambrosia Recipe? Your going to need that too.

Happy Farming.

Love the description, yeah I've got spare recipes so no problem there. I farm alot anyways so I'm not going overboard for it. Was just curious as they said the drop rate had been adjusted.

On a side not I did have fun on zone chat last night. I put the database number in |h1:item blah blah blah and to my surprise it showed up like I had the cipher, didn't realize it would work on console. I promptly got flooded with whispers of hm?
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will never understand the point of introducing something so extremely rare, that requires players to have other extremely rare items for the original item to be useful. It doesn't help make the game, it just becomes an excessively expensive commodity for those who are already filthy rich in in-game gold.

And, as usual at this point, existing crafters - who have spent ages levelling their crafting skills and collecting items such as the original Ambrosia recipe - were all screwed over in the process.

If they're not careful, ESO will become a simple dungeon grind game. How dull. We are half way there already.

*sigh*
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been farming since two days got over 5K nodes but no luck and also been killing every monster.

Someone got two dusts just been farming for an hour, this is RNG! which have no logic or sense!

Cipher may drop for you by mistaken even by killing a Sheep! or could not drop by killing 1000's of world boss!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on December 3, 2016 5:52AM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What if ZoS pulled a fast one on us and you have to run with Prosperous trait gear for it to have a chance of dropping? >:)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    What if ZoS pulled a fast one on us and you have to run with Prosperous trait gear for it to have a chance of dropping? >:)

For Master Crafters (50 skill i.e. Blacksimithing for Ore) should have passive skill to increase chances of getting higher quality item or getting rare item from that node or increase numbers.

50 Crafting is useless anyway for picking nodes..
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading this, I'm really glad I spent the last two days running round the Gold Coast looking ...,,,
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    And, as usual at this point, existing crafters - who have spent ages levelling their crafting skills and collecting items such as the original Ambrosia recipe - were all screwed over in the process.

If they're not careful, ESO will become a simple dungeon grind game. How dull. We are half way there already.

*sigh*

Wutdahell?

I do not feel screwed over at all? Just because an item received an upgrade version does not mean anyone got screwed.. I mean look at cell phones coming out every year lol..

But honestly man... We should be thankful that we can even make the new potions.. If ZOS made them crown store only then you would cry.. They actually let us make them and you cry. ZOS cant win with all of these entitled players of today..

Just because you might actually have to work for and cannot go out and whack 4 mud crabs to receive what you want does not mean "If they're not careful, ESO will become a simple dungeon grind game."

Get real..
    Edited by Funkopotamus on December 8, 2016 1:57AM
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »

*sigh*

Wutdahell?

I do not feel screwed over at all? Just because an item received an upgrade version does not mean anyone got screwed.. I mean look at cell phones coming out every year lol..

But honestly man... We should be thankful that we can even make the new potions.. If ZOS made them crown store only then you would cry.. They actually let us make them and you cry. ZOS cant win with all of these entitled players of today..

Just because you might actually have to work for and cannot go out and whack 4 mud crabs to receive what you want does not mean "If they're not careful, ESO will become a simple dungeon grind game."

Get real..

Grateful, sorry man I'm not agreeing with that. This isn't about entitlement. I have played since day one. Max crafter, tons of mats in my craft bag. But the simple fact that I have been grinding since this was released, and have yet to see a dust or a cipher, that's a bit much. I have killed enough monsters, I've over 15k of alkahest, gained 9 cp points should say something about rng. Don't even know how many human enemies I've killed, thousands of nodes farmed, well over 15k worth.

Rare is fine, but when it's made from unobtanium that's crap. The only reason it made it in game is to sway players to buy the scroll from the Crown store. Seriously lowest price I've seen on the new potion is 90k. Who the hell is gonna buy that? Call it what you will but the rng in this game is terrible. Grinding in an MMO is fine, but this rng is on a whole other level. There are way to many components in this game for straight rng. Example trials gear, getting that one piece in the right trait, yeah I could literally grind forever and not see it. vMA, how many people run it for that perfect trait weapon? How many times before that weapon drops?
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wouldn't that be hilarious.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Sells for millions on NA ... I cant even find one to buy now that Im sick of trying to aoe farm for it.

Edited by Dunkmeister on December 8, 2016 11:32PM
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This mythic potion isn't crafting any more. It's just lottery to justify crown lottery. Only reason they made it was to silence their conscience.

ZOS should add some mythic fragments to provisioning writs with same droprate as psijic pages. Then combine, say 30 fragments for the mythic recipe. That would bring the gimmick back to realm of crafting.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 were selling in Mourn hold yesterday. One at 12 mil the other at 8 mil. Didn't see anyone buying though. Although the guy with the 8mIL price was telling people if you bought it he would show you how to get it. I had to just lol.