The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My account has been split.

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
At the moment, I have cyberjanet and cyberjanet[1]. cyberjanet has all my usual characters, and cyberjanet[1] has a special character called Black Chocolate, level 1, location The Wailing Prison.

This started the day we logged into our accounts and had no characters. I did write to Support about it at the time, but I got a lot of standard answers indicating nobody had actually read my ticket. (I have an idea that the tickets are handled by bots that pick out keywords and then mash out a set of appropriate responses. If you have the patience you may eventually get put through to a real person.)

Let me explain what happened. At the time, ESO kept putting me through to the NA server, even though I selected EU. It was being very stubborn and wouldn't listen. So when I logged into what I thought was EU and got the movie, I thought I had been put into NA completely. But when I logged out, the announcements were welcoming me to EU, so it seemed I was in EU. Given the EU/NA issue, I thought maybe the problem had deepened. I decided to log into NA and see what happened. I got the movie. I quit, and went for EU again. Same thing.

Eventually I decided to make a character and see what server it was on. I thought possibly I was just not getting onto the EU server at all. At this point I did not know there was a general problem with characters disappearing. I created a sorcerer called Black Chocolate (there was a thing on Facebook about your stripper name being the colour of your underwear plus what you last ate, and it seemed as good a name as any for a test.)

When I logged into the Wailing Prison on Black Chocolate, I tried asking in zone chat what server I was on, but got no response. Luckily a guildmate came onto Teamspeak, and through him, I established I was on the EU server. He even invited my new character to the guild, and added her to his friend list.

At this point I became a little concerned and checked the forums, discovering there was a general problem with the database.

When it was fixed, I got my original characters back. But Black Chocolate continued to exist, and there are two cyberjanets in the guild. Shissu's Guild Tools often show me as Black Chocolate in chat, even though I am logged on with a real character. Sometimes people have trouble inviting me to groups, as the player Black Chocolate cannot be found.This is solved by inviting @cyberjanet and not Marshall Langley or whoever. Sometimes Black Chocolate logs in at the same time as the character I am actually playing - both show as online at the same time - though when Black Chocolate goes offline her inactivity period does not reflect the online episode. These are very rare.

The main reason for bringing it up is that it may help diagnose something else. Also I keep worrying that I may lose a real character and have it replaced by Black Chocolate when whatever has gone wrong with the database is finally sorted out.

This is PC by the way, EU.
Edited by cyberjanet on November 30, 2016 4:29PM
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.