The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

crown store showcase and crownchests

WeerW3ir
WeerW3ir
✭✭✭✭✭
We will have crown store updates after "crown derp chests?" or november was the last? somehow i prefer crownstore items and not crownchest ones.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a Crown Store Showcase supposed to be posted tomorrow.

If there will be anything that isn't in the crates in the showcase, or if it will just showcase what will be in the crates, that remains to be seen.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As you can see, there is a Showcase with actual items that are not scam crate exclusive.

The bigger question is whether or not the quality and desirability of the showcase items declines and they start putting all the quality and desirable items in said crates and just toss random crap in the store.

They're already treading water as is, afaic, with the rubbish quality of the mesh frames on some of the previous costume items they put in the store. (WHICH THEY NEVER BOTHERED TO FIX!)

They seriously need to make sure that whomever is put in charge of "adjusting" the male frame for the female costumes has some sort of clue what the female body is actually shaped like!
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nexxus_ESO wrote: »
    The bigger question is whether or not the quality and desirability of the showcase items declines and they start putting all the quality and desirable items in said crates and just toss random crap in the store.

Not an unreasonable concern but here's how I see it.

Those crown crate mounts are nice - solid artwork and good aesthetics - but not terribly Elder Scrolls. Elder Scrolls visual style is realistic fantasy. I liked that about the single player games and I like that about ESO in general. Those crate mounts are not something I'd want to buy or ride. So if they think they can squeeze stupid amounts of money out of some people for them, I say squeeze away.