The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best armor set for a stamblade

HrolleifTheUnbroken
Right now I got to 5 trait crafting finally and I'm looking for the best armor set to craft. I'm looking for stamina and health as the biggest factors. I currently have a Ashen Grip (5piece) with Deaths Wind (4piece) combo with Sword Singers (3piece). What can you guys recommend I improve?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is your goal in game? As in pvp/pve etc
  • Acid_Glow
    Acid_Glow
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever you can get your hands on it I recommend Hunding's Rage 6 Traits or Night Mother Gaze 8 Traits or Twice Born Star 9 Traits Also depends on your Class an race like Stamina Night Khajiit for more Dps or Redguard DK sustain if you can give your character info race/class.

PS4 Username AcidGlow
    {}Guilds{}
    Marmalade Boys
    ============================================ Characters ======================================================
    Morel Mackernasy Mag DK DPS
    Fuji-tora Magicka Mag Sorc DPS
    Heals-with-Skooma Healer
    Sajin Komamura Stam Night Blade Khajiit DPS
    Fire-King ReinHeardt Orc Stam DK DPS

• HrolleifTheUnbroken
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

Well I mostly play pve, I'm not too into the whole PVP just yet.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PVE, unless your chasing Leaderboard times in Trials or Vet Dungeon Speed Runs, you can do just about anything that has bonuses that suit your build and playstyle.

Hundings Rage is a great all around 5 piece set that will pair up with just about anything, but you need 6 traits to make it yourself. Add in 3 Agility Jewelry, or, a Dropped 5 piece set that boosts your main weapon skill and you will be all set. You could even go with 2 5 piece sets and a a two piece Monster set if your running DW or Sword and Board.

In other words, unless your chasing the absolute max of the min max, there is no best set. There is just the sets you can acquire and use right now. Until you get to 6 Traits, you might want to farm zones for two 5 Piece sets, then do some Group Dungeons for Keys to get a Monster Set to flesh it out.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HrolleifTheUnbroken
    Nestor wrote: »

PVE, unless your chasing Leaderboard times in Trials or Vet Dungeon Speed Runs, you can do just about anything that has bonuses that suit your build and playstyle.

Hundings Rage is a great all around 5 piece set that will pair up with just about anything, but you need 6 traits to make it yourself. Add in 3 Agility Jewelry, or, a Dropped 5 piece set that boosts your main weapon skill and you will be all set. You could even go with 2 5 piece sets and a a two piece Monster set if your running DW or Sword and Board.

In other words, unless your chasing the absolute max of the min max, there is no best set. There is just the sets you can acquire and use right now. Until you get to 6 Traits, you might want to farm zones for two 5 Piece sets, then do some Group Dungeons for Keys to get a Monster Set to flesh it out.

Alright, I'll hold on to what I'm rocking now and wait till I can craft hundings rage. Thanks!
  • Cavarka
    Cavarka
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to use vampires kiss to help with health. It won't make me dps king, but I will enjoy playing a hell of a lot more. It adds health, health recovery and a healing buff, plus 5k heal everytime an enemy dies. It's a 5 trait. Going to combine it with hundings.

• AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vampire kiss only heals you if you get killing blow just so you know.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you only wanting crafted sets?

There are plenty of overland drop sets that work pretty well and it's not too difficult to grab 5 pieces to complete a set if you're not too hung up on getting everything impen/divines. If you have a couple buddies you can also grind areas like normal fungal grotto 1 or crypt of hearts for BOP sets+jewelry of viper or leviathan.

Without knowing your level, experience, or if you belong to an active guild that is willing to help you acquire stuff, I don't want to assume you have access to the dungeon sets, but overland sets are accessible to everyone.

I'm currently running a x2 5-piece combo of viper and red mountain on my stamblade and it suits me just fine for PvE. I know there's a lot of better stuff out there, but it's what I could get basically on my own until I get my crafter to 9 traits.

In the end it's really up to you and what works best for your play style. If you play on XboxNA hit me up, GT same as forum tag and I'll see if I can't help you out.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    vampire kiss only heals you if you get killing blow just so you know.

As far as I'm aware, any party member getting the killing blow will also enable this 5 piece. I use it frequently when leveling stamina toons because they have no self healing.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue