The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ADD INTERRUPT (AT LEAST) TO FIRE DAEDROTHS IN ROUND 9

GeneralFlogger
GeneralFlogger
✭✭✭
I play X1 NA, with the server lag (broken weapon swap, rubber banding, dc's, combat animation canceling issues) and no apparent work being done to fix it, something needs to be done to make this combat complete-able for all classes. It is too much keeping your fingers crossed that you stay on long enough while playing both the server and the most challenging SOLO content available. Fix the damn lag issues or change the Daedroth to make it possible to actually play.
  • Rockndude
    Rockndude
    Agreed that the issues you brought up need fixed. In regards to the daedroth I hope the following helps: On a magicka build keep your self heals up and ward up while making tight circles around the daedroth. On a stamina build morph both dual wield abilities to the healing version, hit vigor before the flame attack, spin in tight circles around the daedroth while using bloodcraze and bloodlust. Another option if this self healing is not enough may be to use the dual wield ultimate stacked on top of this for even more self healing.
  • GeneralFlogger
    GeneralFlogger
    ✭✭✭
    Will take a look at the dual ulti but corrosive has been my best bet for that oh s**t moment, then I'm running flawless for dmg boost. I have been able to progress deep into the boss fight (getting him down to 22%) in the final stage when I have had a good clean run with little lag, which has only been once or twice. My biggest problem has been not being able to switch weapons, in which case I burn through resources casting the wrong abilities as I can't weapon swap. Or I end up rubber banding back into the fire after I block, dodge directly through the deadroth, and run to the opposite end of the map kiting away. It was ridiculous tonight, the deadroth, on my TV was literally across the map yet I'm still taking FULL damage AND the dot.
    Edited by GeneralFlogger on November 29, 2016 6:56AM
  • GeneralFlogger
    GeneralFlogger
    ✭✭✭
    I am running rapid strikes though, so I can try the other morph for more heals for sure
  • Rockndude
    Rockndude
    I am on Xbox NA and rockndude is my gamertag. If you want to send me a friend request I would be happy to party up with you when I am online and discuss strategies on beating it. I have a guildmate who runs it on a stam dk regularly and I can ask him for input as well.
    I would suggest not using corrosive armor because the biggest strength of stam characters in VMA is being able to burn through mechanics before they can hurt you. In other words, a good offense is the best defense. Magicka characters are much more defensive in VMA because they do not have the same burn dps abilities as stam and have access to shields. The gap is slowly closing though with the nerf to Maelstrom daggers and the Ilambris and other sets.

On either type of build the tight circles around the daedroth is key because it allows you to avoid much of the damage from its flame breath!!!

NEVER try to run from the daedroth because it WILL keep up with you and now that flame breath will kill you because you take the full damage from it. If someone stands still in front of you or walks away from you you can point at them with your arm straight out the entire time with ease. If they are circling close to you erratically and you can only spin your body with your pointer finger straight out in front of you, you may be able to point at them for part of the time but drastically less time than when they moved in a linear fashion. Your pointer finger is the daedroth flame attack.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're having trouble with the Crem. Guards on a stam build:

Rend is your friend.

Sure, when you're used to it you may get better results with higher burst-damage ultis, but if you're being cautious then the heals from Rend are brilliant.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think he is saying he is having issues beating the content, just that it's laggy.

I don't think I've ever got lag and I'm from Australia LOL.

Probably something to do with the 90MB Down 62MB Up.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to ESO. Where crown store is king, and the actual content within the game isn't taken seriously by those who create it.
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, i dont see any Problem with the daedroths.
    They are dead even before they think of spitting fire soon LOL

its all about preparation :-)

For new People in vMA its quite a pain, thats true, but once you know the spawn spots, you can always put all your dots on there, load heavy attack. as soon as he spawns he is on 60% instant lol.

No need to get scared by that doggy.
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Yeah i don't think the CG's need to be changed.

I could survive the fire breath by running a tight circle using only vigor to heal as a stamblade (3** cp)
    I also suffer lag with a standard 300 ping. I did not use Rend to help heal, kept dawnbreaker for the dps.

Obviously if you are ready to go rek them when they spawn you get more time to dps before the fire breath even starts.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i don't think the CG's need to be changed.

I could survive the fire breath by running a tight circle using only vigor to heal as a stamblade (3** cp)
    I also suffer lag with a standard 300 ping. I did not use Rend to help heal, kept dawnbreaker for the dps.

Obviously if you are ready to go rek them when they spawn you get more time to dps before the fire breath even starts.

And you should be dropping DBs like crazy since stage 9 is all daedra.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take healing sigil right before first Daedroth spawns. Once you come down from upstairs, take speed sigil so you can quickly run after and grab gold ghosts. Use Spectral Explosion synergy whenever a Daedroth comes up in second half of fight. There should always be three gold ghosts between Daedroth spawns. So as long as you don't miss any, you should only have to actually deal with fire breath once, on the first Daedroth when you have healing sigil active to help. Subsequent Daedroth should all get stunned by Spectral Explosion. So you kind of can interrupt Daedroths, but only via mechanic of collecting all the gold ghosts. Which is kind of a pain in the neck and made even more annoying by bad game performance. And not best method to maximize score because you are taking sigils and spending time running after ghosts. But if your goal is to limit danger of Daedroth as much as possible, this is an approach.