Set Question (Mag Sorc)

lassitershawn
lassitershawn
✭✭✭✭✭
Just decided to try the game out again after six months and I'm looking to put together a set for PvP. Before I left I ran 4 Magnus, 3 Mara, 1 Kena, and 3 Willpower with Atronach, which worked fairly well. Looking at the new sets, I'm thinking 5 Amber Plasm, 5 Julianos, and 1 Kena with Atronach stone could be good as it gives me more regen to help make up for the cost increases, gives a lot more stamina to abuse, and gives more Spell Damage and more crit than my old set. Where I lose out is Magicka, which means slightly smaller shields, but I feel the other improvements would make up for this... Planning on five light, 1 medium, 1 heavy, but I've heard more heavy armor is popular now. I would assume this is not the case for sorcs because shields don't have armor but if I'm wrong please correct me. This is based on just a cursory look at the new sets, so if this is a horrid setup please tell me which sets I should use instead :)
William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've been really wanting to try out Amber Plasm along with tristat food instead of witch's brew on several of my Magicka builds. Haven't even started farming it.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 29, 2016 5:28AM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just decided to try the game out again after six months and I'm looking to put together a set for PvP. Before I left I ran 4 Magnus, 3 Mara, 1 Kena, and 3 Willpower with Atronach, which worked fairly well. Looking at the new sets, I'm thinking 5 Amber Plasm, 5 Julianos, and 1 Kena with Atronach stone could be good as it gives me more regen to help make up for the cost increases, gives a lot more stamina to abuse, and gives more Spell Damage and more crit than my old set. Where I lose out is Magicka, which means slightly smaller shields, but I feel the other improvements would make up for this... Planning on five light, 1 medium, 1 heavy, but I've heard more heavy armor is popular now. I would assume this is not the case for sorcs because shields don't have armor but if I'm wrong please correct me. This is based on just a cursory look at the new sets, so if this is a horrid setup please tell me which sets I should use instead :)

Amber plasm with julianos sounds strong, amber plasm is a nightmare to farm with no group though. I've not tried it but I'm thinking you probs wouldn't need atronach mundus with that setup, might be better to go with mage. Ambeplasm offers as much stam regen as it does magicka so you can dark exchange till the cows come home. If julianos isn't providing as much real damage as you expected I would suggest trying spinner's. Defo worth farming spinner's whatever though.
    PC | EU
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's probably a BIS setup, but Amberplasm is rarely run because it's a DLC dungeon and a serious PITA.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lich is commonly used as a spinners replacement because it's slightly easier to farm.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. You just logged off one day and didn't come back =(
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch