The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is sponsorship, payments, donations by ingame gold for addon's developers allowed?

Lumbermill_Emperor
Lumbermill_Emperor
✭✭✭✭
this is the question
its good thing or bad?
if i for example want to hire a developer to make few good addons for me, and will pay him ingame gold
Edited by Lumbermill_Emperor on November 28, 2016 8:01PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think most developers create add-on's for the love of the game, not to make money or gold. However, I don't think there is anything in the ToS that would prohibit you paying gold to someone to create an add-on. Just keep in mind that there are limits to what add-on's can be created. If it's not supported in the ZOS API, then most of the time you are out of luck.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure payment of real money for addons is against the game TOS. Donations of real world money for addons that have already been created are allowed as a sort of grey area, but not direct pay-to-code.

I would imagine offering in-game gold for addon development would be allowed in the TOS, but it cheapens the addon community.

That being said, if a development idea has been pitched to the community and the community hasn't picked it up, you have three options: a) give up; b) learn to code it yourself and give back to the community; or c) offer an in-game bounty for the code. This can be problematic if the developer is on a different server than you, though.
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    can you please look at this? thanks!
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you ask in here what kind of Addon you want?
    About one year ago or so, asked if something was possible. Never heard back for about a week, so I gave up. Then one day I had a response and they told me the name of the Addon. so ask.
    you may also want to go to Minion ( http://www.esoui.com/addons.php ) and ask in there fourm.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something to keep in mind is that ZOS may keep track of large gold transfers between toons and flag them as potential 3rd party gold buys. Sending a large amount of gold to an addon author, even if it's just as a thank you, could lead to trouble for them and for you. If you happen to be on the naughty list yourself already for some reason, it may just result in an auto ban for the addon author if he accepts the gold as it might look like a shady transaction.
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i know that
    still need any kind of official words
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a rule against it. You would just need to find someone to do it.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have closed this thread, because its topic is against our EULA.

For additional information please look here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.