Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I wish pvp in eso didn't exist.

AtraisMachina
AtraisMachina
✭✭✭
Hate it. Everything about it is terrible. I wish I could just erase it from the server. O wait
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the best idea considering ZOS can't manage it . I hate to say that because PvP is my favorite in all games . Here it's like watching an animal starve to death slowly .
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hate it. Everything about it is terrible. I wish I could just erase it from the server. O wait
    Aren't you the same guy who, despite only playing since console launch, insisted that PvP has "always" been aweful, ect?
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pve is really boring in ESO. I don't get how people stomach it. If I ever get a PVE itch then ill just play Skyrim. or dark souls.
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they erase PVE for all eternity. All it is is grinding.
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not Skyrim Online.
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    Don't play PVP then, stick to playing against the computer.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k?
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or run in zergs, spamm mutagen and grind other players. You will at least unlock Grand Overlord.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They just stopped caring about making a good PvP experience. In other game you only have to balance PvP and PvE but this game had to go make a clutch solo dungeon and now it has to balance between PvP, PvE and VMA. There are so many aspects of combat and abilities that are forever bound to VMA and will never change because of it.

I get the sense they have some policy regarding magicka and stamina, where magicka is more group oriented and stamina is supposed to be solo oriented. But they have made each side of that policy so extreme that everyone hates both ends of it. It's a dumb policy to begin with because you lock yourself into either stamina or magicka with your gear and points but some days you want to solo, some days you want to group.
    Edited by Armitas on November 28, 2016 3:59PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On EU PC server it only exists in Trueflame campaign. Spell Breaker and Ebony Blade are basically empty. Each alliance has only one pop bar and you could roam the map for hours without meeting an enemy player. The latter was alive at some point, but after One Tamriel ...

kd2tu2ch_3309.jpg
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, like, PVP is optional. Having said that, we are masochists who keep logging in there every day to endure the same hell. If it was removed I wouldn't feel obliged to go in there at least. OP is onto something.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    On EU PC server it only exists in Trueflame campaign. Spell Breaker and Ebony Blade are basically empty. Each alliance has only one pop bar and you could roam the map for hours without meeting an enemy player. The latter was alive at some point, but after One Tamriel ...

kd2tu2ch_3309.jpg

Exactly the same on NA PC. I stopped subbing because the only thing they do with my money is kill pvp further and further.
    Edited by Armitas on November 28, 2016 3:15PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    triggered
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    They just stopped caring about making a good PvP experience. In other game you only have to balance PvP and PvE but this game had to go make a clutch solo dungeon and now it has to balance between PvP, PvE and VMA. There are so many aspects of combat and abilities that are forever bound to VMA and will never change because of it.

I get the sense they have some policy regarding magicka and stamina, where magicka is more group oriented and stamina is supposed to be solo oriented. But they have made each side of that policy so extreme that everyone hates both ends of it. It's a dumb policy to begin with because you lock yourself into either stamina or magicka with you gear and points but somedays you want to solo, some days you want to group.

its more they *** the game up when they did away with soft/hard caps.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I mean, like, PVP is optional. Having said that, we are masochists who keep logging in there every day to endure the same hell. If it was removed I wouldn't feel obliged to go in there at least. OP is onto something.

lol pvp is the actual endgame of eso. pve in this game was merely a tool to lvl, gain skill points, ect things like trials were added only as a bone for pvers who would rather pve then pvp. btw camelot unchained gonna be only pvp.
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some players can't handle PvP. I took my friend to AS so she could get war horn, and after she died a few times she said "I give up". I gave her 200 rocks and said "Well you better start repairing walls if you want War Horn" :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've actually found PvP more boring than PvE since the fights were most times either zerg vs. zerg bridge AP farming, people falling for the same old tricks ex. conquering a resource only to be farmed heavily when they get inside the tower - dunno how removal of doors has helped in this regard. I don't get frustrated when I got killed since the cost is 0 and I had actually dropped heavy armor when I started PvP-ing since I've found it takes ages to kill anything in it compared to medium. I constantly got K/D>1 and I even made close to 200K AP in 3-4 hours of fighting one day. But the rewards for doing so petered out after I earned enough AP to fully unlock both skill trees. Buying some motifs and some not very good gear in RNG boxes, or getting meager mail rewards for some mindless zerging and some mismatched purple and gold gear once a month simply didn't cut it. PvE is far more rewarding for the same time and effort spent. I consider PvP in it's current form no more than a necessary development stage for my chars. I will probably return on my stamina DK at some point, and will also bring my Templar soon, to train her skills for harder PvE content. But if something doesn't change to make PvP really worth my effort, I won't make it into a goal in itself. It's pretty obvious ZoS does not really care much about PvP, since for 15 months it has only released PvE content, most of it designed for solo play. Probably because PvP does not bring in significant revenue. It's their choice after all.
    Edited by Asardes on November 28, 2016 3:59PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually found PvP more boring than PvE since the fights were most times either zerg vs. zerg bridge AP farming, people falling for the same old tricks ex. conquering a resource only to be farmed heavily when they get inside the tower - dunno how removal of doors has helped in this regard. I don't get frustrated when I got killed since the cost is 0 and I had actually dropped heavy armor when I started PvP-ing since I've found it takes ages to kill anything in it compared to medium. I constantly got K/D>1 and I even made close to 200K AP in 3-4 hours of fighting one day. But the rewards for doing so petered out after I earned enough AP to fully unlock both skill trees. Buying some motifs and some not very good gear in RNG boxes, or getting meager mail rewards for some mindless zerging and some mismatched purple and gold gear once a month simply didn't cut it. PvE is far more rewarding for the same time and effort spent. I consider PvP in it's current form no more than a necessary development stage for my chars. I will probably return on my stamina DK at some point, and will also bring my Templar soon, to train her skills for harder PvE content. But if something doesn't change to make PvP really worth my effort, I won't make it into a goal in itself. It's pretty obvious ZoS does not really care much about PvP, since for 15 months it has only released PvE content, most of it designed for solo play. Probably because PvP does not bring in significant revenue. It's their choice after all.

Selling the gold jewelry from the weekly vendor is a decent outlet for your AP. You can easily sustain the cost of buying high end potions for example by doing that.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »

Selling the gold jewelry from the weekly vendor is a decent outlet for your AP. You can easily sustain the cost of buying high end potions for example by doing that.

You can barely break even. I have about 4-500K net profit every week just doing PvE, including crafting writs and selling on guild stores. And my supplies of alchemy ingredients are actually increasing, even if I haven't collected my surveys in about a month.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i spend all my time in PvP in cryodiil, i wish eso was open world PvP.
    the PVE in eso is horrible. i wish it did not exist.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but "Wrong"
    those items are all "bind on pickup"
    cant sell those items.
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 28, 2016 4:59PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant explain why, but ever since week 2 in this game, i started hating on pve. Its only in this game tho. I rly, rly loathe pve here. But I love pvp, its great, except the current state of it (lol)

The sad thing tho, most if not all BiS gear can only be achieved through pve grinding. And when I say grinding, I mean the kinda grind that makes you sick inside.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That stuff is bound
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I love Alucardo's posts. When I agree with him I REALLY agree with him, but when I don't I REALLY don't. Haha.

I won't say which it is here. I'll keep you guessing.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Aren't you the same guy who, despite only playing since console launch, insisted that PvP has "always" been aweful, ect?

Well considering in 1.6 on console all he ever knew pre 50% 1.7 battlespirit was migrated pc players 300 or more CP ahead of him giving him a pounding. After that since 50% battlespirit pvp has been pretty shippy on pc aswell?

So considering the experiences he was able to make this statement can very well be considered his truth.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm, I love PvP, I set out to level some skills then I see dueling and I can't help myself.

But once I actually get angry enough to go PvE (I still don't get how my mag sorc gets so much hate in this meta...smh) I remember how much I do love PvE and the stories etc. I did a sheo quest and found myself very interested in his story and watching the spirits do their thing etc... Poor Archmage dude was completely oblivious to his real life and wife...

But yeah, once I actually start doing it I have a lot of fun.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

lol pvp is the actual endgame of eso. pve in this game was merely a tool to lvl, gain skill points, ect things like trials were added only as a bone for pvers who would rather pve then pvp. btw camelot unchained gonna be only pvp.

Camelot Unchained will be RVR only While it will be primarily siege warfare pvp there will be some PVE to do and a very rich PVE world full of lore. There just wont be PVE progression or questing. But there will be PVE creatures for crafting materials and otehr things to do besides killing enemy players.

I think most of us are just hanging in there with ESO while we wait for Camelot Unchained to be finished.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think most of us are just hanging in there with ESO while we wait for Camelot Unchained to be finished.

Bless online for me, but if they get their act together and actually show some care for the pvp side of the game then I would stay. I don't want to leave, but it's hard to see any light at the end of next years tunnel. PvP got a quick injection of life when the Japanese players came on but I'm seeing less and less. If it wasn't for that injection I don't think TF would even reach triple lock. EU reports the same. They will take it as a sign to put less resources into PvP rather than fixing the situation and so the decay will continue to progress.
    Edited by Armitas on November 29, 2016 3:20PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly tho its the only reason to play the game is the PVP the PvE in this game is so bland and boring and and at the end of the day it's the pvp that keeps this game on people's radar without pvp this game would just be another mediocre Mmo in a already flooded industry
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love Alucardo's posts. When I agree with him I REALLY agree with him, but when I don't I REALLY don't. Haha.

I won't say which it is here. I'll keep you guessing.

I am the Vegemite/Marmite of the Forum world. You either love my stuff, or you don't. There's no in-between ;)