The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Weapon Dyeing - It would be nice. Please?

jarydf
jarydf
✭✭✭✭
I know it gets mentioned a bit but gosh it would be nice to dye weapons so they match the rest of a character look.

Being able to dye the costumes has be wonderful. Thanks ZOS for that.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've speculated the reasons being they don't want the game to look like Star Wars with blue , red and pink lightsabers everywhere . This is just my guessing tho .
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've speculated the reasons being they don't want the game to look like Star Wars with blue , red and pink lightsabers everywhere . This is just my guessing tho .

That's a fair reason I guess. I wouldn't mind if they restricted the colour palette, though. Red weapons just look super weird with most of my outfits D:
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be good if they allowed us to dye the handles and wooden parts of the weapon, just not the blades. A sword blade should stay in the color of the metal its made from, but no reason you shouldn't be able to dye the leather hand wrap or the wooden portion of a staff or bow.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we're past the fancy, vibrant color argument by now. Oh, a fancy PURPLE sword at cp10, a wonderful DEEP BLUE sword at cp90, and don't forget to check out that badass FIRETRUCK RED sword you'll have to deal with at end game!

Ffs, I just want my weapon to look like steel, or at most ebony.
  • Looeeze
    Looeeze
    ✭✭✭
    NetViperX wrote: »
    I think it would be good if they allowed us to dye the handles and wooden parts of the weapon, just not the blades. A sword blade should stay in the color of the metal its made from, but no reason you shouldn't be able to dye the leather hand wrap or the wooden portion of a staff or bow.

My thoughts exactly.

However by that criteria, armor shouldn't be dyeable too... but that is just technicalities.

I definitely back your idea :smiley:
    Xbox One - North America
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I think we're past the fancy, vibrant color argument by now. Oh, a fancy PURPLE sword at cp10, a wonderful DEEP BLUE sword at cp90, and don't forget to check out that badass FIRETRUCK RED sword you'll have to deal with at end game!

Actually the current variety isn't too bad. In fact, you'll probably be begging for everyone to go back to those "firetruck red swords" after you've seen a few hundred BRIGHT NEON PINK and BLUE and GREEN and YELLOW swords. And seeing the combinations of colors some people choose for their armor, Sheogorath only knows what else they can come up with for their weapons. :o
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not going to happen. Their too busy developing new ways to charge players $200 for a mount.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Code2501 wrote: »
    Not going to happen. Their too busy developing new ways to charge players $200 for a mount.

5 million doolars for a pink unicorn, and some tard would still buy it I would imagine >:)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love for the quivers to be dye-able... I have nice looking armor then this big grey rectangle (basically) on my back. :/
    Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    You don't like red weapons?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not just use each material available as the only colors usable? I honestly hate how my weapons are red. Glad shuffle turns them white. Good idea. Should be implemented. Wouldn't take long either in my opinion.
    PS4 NA DC
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

Actually the current variety isn't too bad. In fact, you'll probably be begging for everyone to go back to those "firetruck red swords" after you've seen a few hundred BRIGHT NEON PINK and BLUE and GREEN and YELLOW swords. And seeing the combinations of colors some people choose for their armor, Sheogorath only knows what else they can come up with for their weapons. :o

A garish blue is from cp90 on, green is orichalc (supported by lore) and yellow? Still somehow better than looking like I'm carrying around a massive lipstick tube.

I'd even be fine with limiting the colors to the blacks and greys tab when you search by hue. Or even allow any colors that exist on weapons in game as dyes- level 16 and level cp 70-80 stuff looks fine.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A garish blue is from cp90 on, green is orichalc (supported by lore) and yellow? Still somehow better than looking like I'm carrying around a massive lipstick tube.

I'd even be fine with limiting the colors to the blacks and greys tab when you search by hue. Or even allow any colors that exist on weapons in game as dyes- level 16 and level cp 70-80 stuff looks fine.

"Garish blue"? No, sorry.

This:
    eso.mmo-fashion.com/breton-voidsteel-sword/
    Is not "garish blue" and is not representative of the kind of crap you're going to see, which is closer to light-sabers than something that looks like it was hammered in a forge. All the current weapon colors are not even close to what you seem to be imagining them to be, whatever your preference.

THIS is closer to what I'm talking about:
    exarctica1.jpg

7fc96fdff6d04413849f34b0549fc918.jpg

pqGsDoq.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"Garish blue"? No, sorry.

This:
    eso.mmo-fashion.com/breton-voidsteel-sword/
    Is not "garish blue" and is not representative of the kind of crap you're going to see, which is closer to light-sabers than something that looks like it was hammered in a forge. All the current weapon colors are not even close to what you seem to be imagining them to be, whatever your preference.

THIS is closer to what I'm talking about:
    exarctica1.jpg

pqGsDoq.jpg

One: I don't care what others wield, I don't have to deal with their weapons. I don't want to be a sith.

Two: Did you read the suggestion where we choose out colors from either the black and grey hues tab in the dye section only, or use only the colors available currently?

And btw, this is what my greatsword looks like...

Corundum-Bosmer-Greatsword-2.jpg

(Poor lighting and it still looks red)

And this is what I want it to look like (ebon style if halfway decent).

Bosmer-Ebon-Greatsword-2.jpg

And to reiterate: If someone in my party had this :

I'd have a good laugh and move on. Nothing is stopping the denizens of Tamriel from dipping their weapons in dye. Especially now that we know it works on armor. I doubt too many people in tavern RP will be wielding the giant pink greatsword, and if they are? Conversation starter.

Edited by DocFrost72 on December 6, 2016 2:12PM