The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Calling all streamers and theorycrafters!

Bakven
Bakven
✭✭✭
With all the proc sets and cancer builds out there now there's no variety in builds anymore and anyone who goes against the meta dies of cancer. It's gotten so bad most people, even streamers are playing the meta and using cancer builds to stay competitive. Everyone know how broken this update is with Zos releasing a huge number of proc sets that give high damage and proc almost continuously.

So I issue this challenge to all streamers, theorycrafters, and anyone else; create a build that goes against the meta. One that is competitive, not just looks good on paper.
Here are the rules:
1. No proc sets. This means sets that give free damage based on a % chance of you doing something. ex. Velidreth, Skoria, Tremorscale, etc... (Sets like Kena are allowed because it's not based off a % chance but requires you to do something specific)
2. No Viper, reactive, or blackrose. While these aren't % chance proc sets they are overperforming and part of the meta
3. The builds must be able to combat the meta.

Now you can use whatever playstyle you want: solo, dueling, ganking, small group. You can be stam or magicka of whichever class you decide and all skills are usable.
While I know this won't stop the meta or fix anything. It gives people who, like myself, are constantly trying to fight against the meta and show our actual skills rather than win because of armor sets. Tag whoever you want to see this whether it be streamer or friend, the more people doing this the better.
Edited by Bakven on November 25, 2016 9:45PM
EP NA Haderus
Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
Vash'rassa- Stamblade
-Tiffany - Stam DK
Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna come here and post a build, by any means, what I will say is that health is not a dead stat anymore. The only way you can beat a proctard is to survive their initial burst and probably 1 hit before/after. This means that you really need 28-30k health depending on the strength of your burst heals.

Yeah, I know you give up a lot to get to 28k or so health, but if you're dead its irrelevant how hard you hit. Ultimately, I build for 28k health, just enough regen to survive(usually witchmother's brew or serpent/atro stone), then all damage from my sets, its by no means as efficient as a proc build, but it can keep you alive and at least open the door to outplaying them.

The sad truth is, even if you outplay the proctard you aren't guaranteed a kill.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can do a health regen build and bore people to death. And what about fasalas?

Like hulking dragur, fasalas and 2 weapon damage monster sets like kena/veli 1pc with WD glyphs. Dw/SnB bleed build for small scale. Not at home, but it sounds like 25k health 36-40k stam 2500 wd.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

Like hulking dragur, fasalas and 2 weapon damage monster sets like kena/veli 1pc with WD glyphs. Dw/SnB bleed build for small scale. Not at home, but it sounds like 25k health 36-40k stam 2500 wd.

Fasallas hard counters stam sorc.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

It hard counters everyone lol
  • DephlaterMouse
    DephlaterMouse
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina DK use the molten armaments that gives 40% heavy attack damage bonus. DW S&B use flying dagger for M/Brutality. Spawn of Mephala, Sergeant Mail, and your choice of Morag Tong, Sunder Flame, or Kvatch Gladiator is also a really sound choice for this heavy attack central build.

Also Werewolf is prime for this build with all the heavy attack damage buffs. Basically you keep the pressure on with your DK poison DOTS and hammer away with heavy attacks.
    Edited by DephlaterMouse on November 26, 2016 3:30AM
    USA to New Zealand transplant.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade Soul Siphon is great. Armour Master might be worth getting as well.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on November 26, 2016 6:15AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bakven wrote: »
    With all the proc sets and cancer builds out there now there's no variety in builds anymore and anyone who goes against the meta dies of cancer. It's gotten so bad most people, even streamers are playing the meta and using cancer builds to stay competitive. Everyone know how broken this update is with Zos releasing a huge number of proc sets that give high damage and proc almost continuously.

So I issue this challenge to all streamers, theorycrafters, and anyone else; create a build that goes against the meta. One that is competitive, not just looks good on paper.
    Here are the rules:
    1. No proc sets. This means sets that give free damage based on a % chance of you doing something. ex. Velidreth, Skoria, Tremorscale, etc... (Sets like Kena are allowed because it's not based off a % chance but requires you to do something specific)
    2. No Viper, reactive, or blackrose. While these aren't % chance proc sets they are overperforming and part of the meta

Now you can use whatever playstyle you want: solo, dueling, ganking, small group. You can be stam or magicka of whichever class you decide and all skills are usable.
    While I know this won't stop the meta or fix anything. It gives people who, like myself, are constantly trying to fight against the meta and show our actual skills rather than win because of armor sets. Tag whoever you want to see this whether it be streamer or friend, the more people doing this the better.

*points to sig* xD
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is mostly for small group, ulti regen build but can be effective solo and large grp if played well.

2h and snb/dw (use cleave for minor heroism)

2 Bloodspawn
    5 Ravager (or flavor to taste)
    3/1 potentates
    2/3 marksman

A little tanky with some regen, and the ability to drop multiple negates/other ulti in these quick battles
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade with 2h/bow, clever alchemist on bow bar, Spriggan on 2h bar, 1x Kra'gh, 1x Kena - I see 12-16k incap crits on max CP players while clever is up. bow heavy into bar swap > ambush > incap (or sa) is a very strong burst combo that doesn't necessarily have to be done out of stealth to be effective.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atleast in terms of light armor on sorc i´ve tried about anything this patch offers. Nothing beats proccs + destro ulti.

You can call out to everyone you want. Maybe someone will create a build thats vaible 1v1. You won´t see competetive open world builds without proccsets with the one exception of maxdmg ganking (but that is also less effective than ganking with proccs). The only exception are snipe bow only builds.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A magicka sorc with 52k magicka, around 3.5k recovery (every 20 seconds), 3k spell damage and the destro ultimate.

Shields are too big (like 32k worth of shields) so even if all procs go off you're still in. Then of course juste use the destro ultimate and yeah, here's your anti-meta build.

Truth is any one who knows what he's doing will be able to do just fine in the meta. Also most of the time streamers play multiple classes, so saying that they all use proc sets is just not true.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure @Blobsky Has already done this with a number of builds and characters.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bow and 2 hand.

5 alchemist, 5 senches bite, 1 velidreth, 1 kena.

The idea is you use senches bite to keep your weapon damage high between potions for setting up your burst. Facing multiple people you pop potion, bar swap roll dodge, bar swap critical rush then heavy attack into a dawn breaker.

I use a stam sorc but dragonite and stamplar works pretty well with this as well. Using werewolf also adds a new level of stupid.

This build is stupid bursty. I used to get alot of hate messages, not so much anymore because proc sets aren't involved. I usually keep Selene's on with this build because I get alot of nbs with viper jumping on me, but the difference really isn't that huge without it.

On a side note if and when proc sets are no longer the stam meta set combinations like this one (and ravager) will be what gets complained about. Whatever people get killed by most often will be what is "op" and "broken". The new meta is probably already out there and being used.
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I use tavas and bloodspawn on my Nb for solo open world and use soul siphon to survive against all these proctards, second later I drop a Dawnbreaker on there face.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria+sun+trainee on my argonian mDK handles the proc meta just fine. Didn't know what people were complaining about until I swapped to my mSorc and StamDK.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been using all heavy bloodspawn, 5 heavy kags, and 5 bloodthorn for mDK. Front bar is reflect, obsidian shard, choking talons, whip, chains (invade if you can handle the stamina). It gives you a lot of sustain and defense. You should be able to hit mit cap, and you are cutting their damage by 15% through maim and kiting around the twohanders resting their WB. Obsidian shard is really good for bringing yourself back up after a gank. It can easily heal for 6k and you don't have to swap to your resto bar and lose where you lose all your defense. It can kill or at worst stalemate most broken meta builds.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    figure out a perma block build, proc builds will get bored.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial NB with 5 Trainee (DW Sharpened daggers or swords, S&B any weapon and Impen shield, 3 heavy armor pieces), 5 Draugr Hulk, 2 heavy Chudan.
    ~46k Stam, 32k Health, 15k Magicka, ~2.3k buffed weapon damage, 53% crit. The high stam keeps tooltip damage numbers pretty close to where they are stacking weapon damage rather than max pools, and I crit pretty often, but this isn't supposed to be a gank build anyway.
    WW on the S&B bar goes to 60k stam 36k resistances (which is why I use Chudan, since I lose major wards if I can't use Shadow Barrier). Regen is tricky at only 909 stam regen, but Constitution and Siphoning Strikes helps out.
    Bloodthirst and Vigor aren't the strongest self heals, but in a group this setup works pretty well without procs.
    Edited by Sandman929 on November 28, 2016 5:51PM
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play with my DK ShockKnight in TF/NA and love it. 30k health, infinite sustain, tons of aoe damage from range. I tend to go about 10 KB / 1 Death against the proc builds.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here are the rules:

What about Black rose on a magicka build?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfzJe9tOiUs&amp;t=1s

This is the best i was able to make as a solo player and still remain effective
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Cozzy1991
    Cozzy1991
    ✭✭✭
    2 blood spawn 5 clever alchemist 5 spriggans 7/7 heavy, Works on stam sorc, stamplar and DK, doesnt work too well on NB but its not impossible. You can 2H/bow DW/2h or DW/bow. Just make sure if you use a 2H your back bar weapon is a clever alchemist weapon and use that as your 5 piece and only pop a pot on that bar. Works good in duels, amazing in open world.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Bro, thank you, soul siphon is so under rated.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 30, 2016 4:53PM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It hard counters everyone lol

Nonsense, most proc builds aren't really effected by fasallas since you die immediately and can't burst them back. Stam sorc debuffs themselves before any other attacks really land

I made a BR fasalas tremorscale on my imperial dk and it shuts people down. They cant burst 34k health fast enough when i vitality pot/mending and vigor for 5k ticks. This is how i realized the only thing separating skilled players from bads is vigor abuse. Stop the vigor and win.

Most hit vigor at full health then attack.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on November 30, 2016 4:58PM
  • KoreanAwtamatic
    Magicka nightblde destro dual wield. 5 armor of the trainee , 5 necropotence, maelstrom destro, will power duel wield. That's my new build I've been using. Really want to try it on another class because magicka nightblade is hard ti play. But as it sits without undaunted I'm at 25k health , 50k magicka and 17k stam
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! I use tavas and bloodspawn on my Nb for solo open world and use soul siphon to survive against all these proctards, second later I drop a Dawnbreaker on there face.

I be sitting there chilling with radiant mage light. Some proc tard jumps me, i pop clever alch, go from low hp to full with soul siphon and wreck the ganker. Feels good man.

Whats also fun is when someome with a destro ult thinks they have you and you just stand in it healing through it with soul siphon. It feels so good.

It also feels good jumping into groups and healing everyone with soul sihpon denying people the chance to kill with EotS.

I havent tried bloodspawn. I may give it a chance. Atm i use agility since i dw/2h. I personally would rather have the ability to use any style i want since all my gear is crafted compared to wearing an ugly monster set.

Soul Siphon ult regen meta! ;)

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on November 30, 2016 8:49PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are the rules:

I've got a few of those streamed / youtubed :)
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!