The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help with building character

mantalover
I recently tried to build my own stamplar character, but I failed horribly, I even tried to follow a few guides, already spent several hours on this character, but I am thinking of starting all over again as a dragon knight instead, because the character I am using currently doesn't work at all. I even tried to dual a friend of mine who is low leveled and doesn't put as much time into building her character, but she still trashed me like a freaky noob. Now, I am depressed...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/110731718223017250/F6B58A784B9B848397AF4C5D862EC7577EF3E104/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/110731718223017690/AC189A8464C33FE181EBA0C9C0DEE2E766D6703E/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/110731718223017952/1881CEE9A79B494E013883B438AACB37905B1A2C/
  • mantalover
    No tips how I can improve my build?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're only lvl 15, you have a ways to go before you really have anything resembling a "build"

Right now you might be best off focusing on having fun exploring the game
    while leveling up your combat skill lines, armor lines and class skill lines.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • mantalover
    Sigtric wrote: »
    You're only lvl 15, you have a ways to go before you really have anything resembling a "build"

But still, I got beaten by my friend who is far lower leveled, I could barely touch him, and he puts points everywhere without any thoughts while I was focusing a lot on stamina and leveling up dual wield.
    I would like to do some dungeons, but I also don't want to be a liability for other people while grinding coop dungeons.
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    mantalover wrote: »

But still, I got beaten by my friend who is far lower leveled, I could barely touch him, and he puts points everywhere without any thoughts while I was focusing a lot on stamina and leveling up dual wield.
    I would like to do some dungeons, but I also don't want to be a liability for other people while grinding coop dungeons.

Being lower level isn't going to make much difference because everyone is leveled to the same anyway, you probably have similar stats to each other. I wouldn't worry about it, just play the game, you can change everything later on anyway there is NO REASON to start a new character.
  • mantalover
    mad0ni0n wrote: »

Being lower level isn't going to make much difference because everyone is leveled to the same anyway, you probably have similar stats to each other. I wouldn't worry about it, just play the game, you can change everything later on anyway there is NO REASON to start a new character.

DId it already. Now I am playing as a dragon knight, any good building guides I can follow as a stamina dps character. Also, can I pick bloodthirst instead of rapidstrikes, I really like the constant healing from it.
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭

DId it already. Now I am playing as a dragon knight, any good building guides I can follow as a stamina dps character. Also, can I pick bloodthirst instead of rapidstrikes, I really like the constant healing from it.

You can use bloodthirst for now because it's good to have more healing at low levels. once you get to higher levels you'll realise you don't need it and you can change to rapid strikes.

Build is here: alcasthq.com/venom/ just ignore most of it for now. just look at the skills part and you'll be fine.
  • mantalover

You can use bloodthirst for now because it's good to have more healing at low levels. once you get to higher levels you'll realise you don't need it and you can change to rapid strikes.

Build is here: alcasthq.com/venom/ just ignore most of it for now. just look at the skills part and you'll be fine.

Ok, thanks, is it fine if I wear 5 pieces of medium armor and 2 heavy armor piece instead of a full set of medium armor.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks, is it fine if I wear 5 pieces of medium armor and 2 heavy armor piece instead of a full set of medium armor.

You'll lose some weapon crit rating if you don't wear all medium. But like the others said, while leveling up that's not so important. Enjoy the game and solo content first! ;)

If you intend to grind your way up to level 50 quickly, there's faster ways than group dungeons. You can go to one of the usual spots (South Beacon in Auridon, Vivec's Antlers in Stonefalls etc.), join a group that's already there and grind away. Doesn't matter too much how much damage you do, as long as you get more than 5% damage in on each mob.

Also to speed up the process, get a full set of Training trait on your armor. Increases XP received by 63%.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently tried to build my own stamplar character, but I failed horribly, I even tried to follow a few guides, already spent several hours on this character, but I am thinking of starting all over again as a dragon knight instead, because the character I am using currently doesn't work at all. I even tried to dual a friend of mine who is low leveled and doesn't put as much time into building her character, but she still trashed me like a freaky noob. Now, I am depressed...

I think you're being too hard on yourself.

- Do they have more Champion Points than you? Remember that even at low levels you can assign 561 CPs (if you have that many).
    - Some builds are just easier to play, and some are harder to master. A full medium stamplar is pretty weak at low levels, until you unlock major mending, balanced warrior, cleanse, and all that good stuff.

• mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, that's great for now. when you get to the end game you will want 5 medium, 1 heavy, 1 light for the undaunted mettle passive in the undaunted skill line.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that's great for now. when you get to the end game you will want 5 medium, 1 heavy, 1 light for the undaunted mettle passive in the undaunted skill line.
    This is great for LA or HA builds, but wouldn't MA Stamina builds benefit more from the extra weapon crit than they would from the increase in their base stats? Especially considering that Magicka builds get more out of Stamina than Stamina builds get out of Magicka, for the most part.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is great for LA or HA builds, but wouldn't MA Stamina builds benefit more from the extra weapon crit than they would from the increase in their base stats? Especially considering that Magicka builds get more out of Stamina than Stamina builds get out of Magicka, for the most part.

I think for PvE it's better to go 7 medium for the crit. For PvP, depending on your build, 5-1-1 could be more advantageous.

BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• mantalover
    Currently, I have a bit of problem with survivalbility while doing dungeons. And some solo dungeons are almost impossible.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Currently, I have a bit of problem with survivalbility while doing dungeons. And some solo dungeons are almost impossible.

Are you using set gear? Have you researched builds to see what skills you should be using? I don't know Stam DK, so I wouldn't be of much use. When I'm starting a new character that I might not be familiar with the class I use this site: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Skills. It has all the skills, their morphs and descriptions of the skills. I would still check out some build videos just to get the basics though because some skills sound great but may underperform.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• mantalover
    Are there any important earthen heart skills I should use as a stamina dk