Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Xbox NA : Haderus : General Observations

montiferus
montiferus
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've been getting a little tired of the PVE grind and decided to get back into PVP. I typically play solo and went that route though I grouped up with a buddy for a bit as well but to be honest whether its a 2 man group or solo the experience is the same. Here are some general observations in no particular order.

1. Lag - I would estimate 75% of the time I would be getting frame rates so low that I literally could not attack people. In addition I would go from half/full health to zero in an instant. I would look at my death recap and see things that I did not see even see in gameplay. How are you supposed to defend/counter attacks you can't see? Which leads to another item...

2. Zerging - The level of EP zerging is so atrocious it crashes the server. I had no less than 6 disconnects. A couple of which would have given me a pretty good defensive/offensive tick. The ball groups are so large and they fire off so many AOEs (thank you destro ultimate) you literally can't play your character because of the lag it induces. Forget about bar swapping, using abilities, CC breaking. It ain't gonna happen. As a solo player it is pretty much impossible to accomplish anything anymore against these groups. It makes me better understand why people gank. I almost died from a much lower level character because I didn't see any of the things he attacked me with. Even messaged me and said "my level 300 cp almost got your xxx ass". I also got teabaged by a zergling. When I messaged him (which I know I shouldn't do and need to stop) he said he wasn't zerging. He said he was in a 3 man group. I kid you not there were roughly 40 EP at the keep. I guess his 3 man group just happens to attract 40 EP lol.

3. Broken Abilities - I had about a dozen macro slices on my 2-hander bar. I recorded the most egregious one. I chased a guy for roughly a mile stuck in the macro slice stance. Suddenly there was a flash of light (I assume my dawn breaker going off from 45 seconds ago) and the guy was dead. It made me wonder what the other player sees during this? Does it look normal to him or does he not even see what is coming.

4. CC Immunity? - I don't seem to ever get it even when I pop shuffle. These large groups just chain cc you and run you down.

5. Proc sets - Most of my recaps were from proc sets like Viper, Tremor, etc. I know its part of the game but I refuse to run them. I probably would be cool with these if the entire zerg didn't run them. Having 3 different people proc viper on you is just nasty.

All in all PVP in Haderus is all but unplayable and unenjoyable for solo play. Until ZOS institutes some changes these issues will persist. If the servers can't handle the load perhaps they should lower the population limit in these campaigns. It's pretty obvious the servers aren't up to it. Then it might force smaller group play as well as move people over to other campaigns to balance the load. I don't pretend to have all the answers but from my perspective the current state of PVP (at least on Haderus) is not worth playing. And I have a pretty strong build and understanding of the game. I can't even imagine newer players and how they must feel.

I know ZOS doesn't like angry negative feedback so I am trying to be constructive here but please listen to what your community is saying about the current state of PVP on Xbox.

I am sure there will be people who disagree with me and I respect that but I know a lot of my friends don't even bother with PVP anymore because of these issues so I do think there is a problem here.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the macro slice video..

imgur.com/RZeFCVQ
    Edited by montiferus on November 23, 2016 7:23PM
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ep is full or templar and proc ball groups. It's a horrid place to pvp at times.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    Here is the macro slice video..

imgur.com/RZeFCVQ

Man, I thought for sure that it was going to be that you were killing in this video. I mean, it's always a reasonable assumption since I'm an AP PEZ dispenser.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've been getting a little tired of the PVE grind and decided to get back into PVP. I typically play solo and went that route though I grouped up with a buddy for a bit as well but to be honest whether its a 2 man group or solo the experience is the same. Here are some general observations in no particular order.

1. Lag - I would estimate 75% of the time I would be getting frame rates so low that I literally could not attack people. In addition I would go from half/full health to zero in an instant. I would look at my death recap and see things that I did not see even see in gameplay. How are you supposed to defend/counter attacks you can't see? Which leads to another item...

2. Zerging - The level of EP zerging is so atrocious it crashes the server. I had no less than 6 disconnects. A couple of which would have given me a pretty good defensive/offensive tick. The ball groups are so large and they fire off so many AOEs (thank you destro ultimate) you literally can't play your character because of the lag it induces. Forget about bar swapping, using abilities, CC breaking. It ain't gonna happen. As a solo player it is pretty much impossible to accomplish anything anymore against these groups. It makes me better understand why people gank. I almost died from a much lower level character because I didn't see any of the things he attacked me with. Even messaged me and said "my level 300 cp almost got your xxx ass". I also got teabaged by a zergling. When I messaged him (which I know I shouldn't do and need to stop) he said he wasn't zerging. He said he was in a 3 man group. I kid you not there were roughly 40 EP at the keep. I guess his 3 man group just happens to attract 40 EP lol.

3. Broken Abilities - I had about a dozen macro slices on my 2-hander bar. I recorded the most egregious one. I chased a guy for roughly a mile stuck in the macro slice stance. Suddenly there was a flash of light (I assume my dawn breaker going off from 45 seconds ago) and the guy was dead. It made me wonder what the other player sees during this? Does it look normal to him or does he not even see what is coming.

4. CC Immunity? - I don't seem to ever get it even when I pop shuffle. These large groups just chain cc you and run you down.

5. Proc sets - Most of my recaps were from proc sets like Viper, Tremor, etc. I know its part of the game but I refuse to run them. I probably would be cool with these if the entire zerg didn't run them. Having 3 different people proc viper on you is just nasty.

All in all PVP in Haderus is all but unplayable and unenjoyable for solo play. Until ZOS institutes some changes these issues will persist. If the servers can't handle the load perhaps they should lower the population limit in these campaigns. It's pretty obvious the servers aren't up to it. Then it might force smaller group play as well as move people over to other campaigns to balance the load. I don't pretend to have all the answers but from my perspective the current state of PVP (at least on Haderus) is not worth playing. And I have a pretty strong build and understanding of the game. I can't even imagine newer players and how they must feel.

I know ZOS doesn't like angry negative feedback so I am trying to be constructive here but please listen to what your community is saying about the current state of PVP on Xbox.

I am sure there will be people who disagree with me and I respect that but I know a lot of my friends don't even bother with PVP anymore because of these issues so I do think there is a problem here.

It's not EP crashing the server it's AD. they stack about 50 people in bleakers most of them either being templars or proc set eots users. Before they started doing this the lag was never this bad. As for EP zerging yea we are zerging pretty hard but DC is the same way. It's not uncommon to see a 40 or 50 man DC zerg. Any campaign with bars will have alot of zerging because that's how people play the game. But the amount of AD, EP, and DC in the bleakers area is just too much for the server I think. They population needs to spread out but it won't happen as long as AD has 50 people in bleakers spamming shards and BoL
  • CovertDistress4
    CovertDistress4
    ✭✭✭
    So... let me get this straight, someone else is doing the same thing you are and that justifies you and them doing the very thing that causes the lag...isn't that circular thinking? Here's your participation trophy... why not stop?
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not EP crashing the server it's AD. they stack about 50 people in bleakers most of them either being templars or proc set eots users. Before they started doing this the lag was never this bad. As for EP zerging yea we are zerging pretty hard but DC is the same way. It's not uncommon to see a 40 or 50 man DC zerg. Any campaign with bars will have alot of zerging because that's how people play the game. But the amount of AD, EP, and DC in the bleakers area is just too much for the server I think. They population needs to spread out but it won't happen as long as AD has 50 people in bleakers spamming shards and BoL

I am not going to pretend DC has never zerged as I know that isn't true but it doesn't make it right. The last time I pvp'd seriously was months ago as I wanted to get on DC leaderboards. At that time EP was zerging same as now. In fact to be honest the only reason I probably cracked the top 10 was because a lot of DC gave up on the campaign.

Also to say EP didn't cause the crash last night simply is not true. We tried to take back the inner keeps on the DC side and were easily outnumbered 3 to 1. Every time I crashed it was because there was a ball of 25-50 EP casting destro ultimates and snares. AOE Caps was trying to protect his emperorship and they were out full force. There was no AD there just DC and EP.

Look I have characters on all 3 factions and PVP with all and from my experience EP has historically been the worst. It was bad back when the fapper shutupkid was running things and it seems just as bad now. Maybe it is because EP has more people in general I don't know but its killing the gaming experience.

Of course ZOS has some blame in this as the servers simply aren't up to snuff. I would say they are also to blame for the zerging to an extent because of the state of the game in general. It just lends itself to this style of play which I think overall is bad for the game and the players. I mean how are you going to ever get good running in a zerg anyway? It doesn't teach you anything about the game. Hell half the time you don't even know what you are attacking you are just spamming buttons. It is just bad gameplay in my view. It's also really bad gameplay on the zergee side. I spend half my time trying not to get chased down and trying to break free from roots and snares.

What I would love to see is some relatively fair fights for all 3 factions to participate in where you can use your abilities, see what is happening. If I get my butt kicked in an 8v8 or a 8v10 so be it. I just want a chance to actually mix it up and have a battle. As it stands now it just whoever has f u numbers takes the map. I mean really is it fun for anyone if there is an emperor for 4 days because everyone gave up on the campaign and one faction owns the entire map and zergs people down? Whats the point?
    Edited by montiferus on November 23, 2016 9:41PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not going to pretend DC has never zerged as I know that isn't true but it doesn't make it right. The last time I pvp'd seriously was months ago as I wanted to get on DC leaderboards. At that time EP was zerging same as now. In fact to be honest the only reason I probably cracked the top 10 was because a lot of DC gave up on the campaign.

Also to say EP didn't cause the crash last night simply is not true. We tried to take back the inner keeps on the DC side and were easily outnumbered 3 to 1. Every time I crashed it was because there was a ball of 25-50 EP casting destro ultimates and snares. AOE Caps was trying to protect his emperorship and they were out full force. There was no AD there just DC and EP.

Look I have characters on all 3 factions and PVP with all and from my experience EP has historically been the worst. It was bad back when the fapper shutupkid was running things and it seems just as bad now. Maybe it is because EP has more people in general I don't know but its killing the gaming experience.

Of course ZOS has some blame in this as the servers simply aren't up to snuff. I would say they are also to blame for the zerging to an extent because of the state of the game in general. It just lends itself to this style of play which I think overall is bad for the game and the players. I mean how are you going to ever get good running in a zerg anyway? It doesn't teach you anything about the game. Hell half the time you don't even know what you are attacking you are just spamming buttons. It is just bad gameplay in my view. It's also really bad gameplay on the zergee side. I spend half my time trying not to get chased down and trying to break free from roots and snares.

What I would love to see is some relatively fair fights for all 3 factions to participate in where you can use your abilities, see what is happening. If I get my butt kicked in an 8v8 or a 8v10 so be it. I just want a chance to actually mix it up and have a battle. As it stands now it just whoever has f u numbers takes the map. I mean really is it fun for anyone if there is an emperor for 4 days because everyone gave up on the campaign and one faction owns the entire map and zergs people down? Whats the point?

DC is usually pop locked in haderus thought it's only been the last 3 or 4 days that it has been different. But overall I wouldn't say EP zergs harder than DC because of 4 days when DC has been zerging down haderus for months. I agree with most of what you said all I'm saying is the stuff you are accusing EP of isn't just EP exclusive. Also DC and AD have both been pop locked for the last 5 hours but aren't trying to push, they are just running back and forth to bleakers because that's where all the ap is. If people actually tried to play the map the campaign would be alot more balanced.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny when dc owned haderus for months and months no one complained about ep... lol! A lot of the high ranking/good dc players are in scourge now so all the pug blues are left to fend for themselves.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?